When you've pissed a girl off (and it's legitimately your fault)

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One major area where I need to work on is being more attune to how my words come across. Often, I think I'm being fun and end up saying something the other person find inconsiderate (part of it is because I'm a foreigner from a different culture)... Anyway, I'll keep working on it, but what do you do when it happens? With girls, you can tell they get worked up/hissy/passive-aggressive and expect you to do something about it (which is completely justified, since here it's truly my fault). I usually try to explain what I meant and emphasize that I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, basically apologizing without saying "I'm sorry" - imo 'sorry' almost always sounds insincere and nice-guyish. Depending on how pissed the girl is, she'll tell me something along the lines of "you're good" or say it's fine and be dismissive. What's the best way to clean up a mess? (I understand the best is to think before I speak, I'm working on that).

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let her stay pissed off. Especially if what you said is true.

Keiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore it, you know what you meant. If she gets offended or whatever, don't give into it. Always treat a joke as a joke, if you have to explain yourself then just don't say it at all. People will know how you are the more time the spend with you. Explaining yourself, even without saying the words sorry, is a weak move. However, I am assuming you're not saying something crazy though, like joking about dead parents or whatever.