Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When you guys do squats...

Bond007

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you use one of those foam pads that go around the bar to cushion it or are you suppossed to suck it up and use just the bar. My old gym I used to go to had those foam pads to put around the bars and now the gym I go to at school doesnt have any. It hurts when the bar is resting against my lower neck/back and I've been resorting to doing front squats as of late. Maybe I'll just go buy one of those foam pads and bring it with me when I workout lol.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha back in high school when I started squatting I would always use the stingray thingy on the bar and switched to the pad. Now I just use the bar. It took me about 3 years b4 I stopped using the foam pad.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your suppose to make a tight muscle with your traps and rest it on the muscle. PLEASE KEEP THE BAR AWAY FROM YOUR NECK !!!

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i just use the bar doesnt hurt at all your probably placing it too high

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Place it on your trap, not your neck. You can use your towel as a cushion as well.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to, then I noticed it felt better to rest it on my traps. This was after I developed traps

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're SUPPOSED to have it low, on your rear deltoids.
I can't, so I have it fairly high, on my traps.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS said:
You're SUPPOSED to have it low, on your rear deltoids.
Not exactly, If you were competing in a powerlifting event You would position the bar low and have a wide stance. Excellent for moving large numbers with the least range of motion but not as efficient for muscle growth.

The higher you place the bar (Higher meaning on your traps) with a closer stance the more stress you place on the muscles of your legs and lower back. Even your upper back gets a MAJOR workout from squats if you maintain a flexed position.