When you DO compliment

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been one to compliment - even before I got to this site - but there is a point where you SHOULD compliment. I know some users on this site think you should never compliment but I disagree.

When she does something specifically for you (cooks something for you, dresses up super sexy, buys you something) this is when you should compliment. She views you as her superior and is trying to impress you or gain your acceptance.

At this point a compliment works well, and the lack of a compliment does damage. By saying nothing, she will wonder what she did wrong (nothing). This is part of conditioning her with reward for good behavior. Remember that compliments also mean more when they are few and far between, so don't compliment her constantly. You are complimenting her for obtaining your acceptance, not to obtain hers.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is part of conditioning her with reward for good behavior.

Just like Pavlov's Dogs. Women NEED compliments to build rapport with you. Being an alpha is not all about being cold as ice.

Good behavior = attention + compliments

Bad behavior = Lack of attention

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
This is part of conditioning her with reward for good behavior.

Just like Pavlov's Dogs. Women NEED compliments to build rapport with you. Being an alpha is not all about being cold as ice.

Good behavior = attention + compliments

Bad behavior = Lack of attention
Personally I would NEVER compliment. I did it before and it reduced my value and increased hers. The most you would say is something it looks nice or suits you. Be sparing otherwise they will dump your ass.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
Personally I would NEVER compliment. I did it before and it reduced my value and increased hers. The most you would say is something it looks nice or suits you. Be sparing otherwise they will dump your ass.
I must disagree with your statement.
If you never ever compliment a girl, she will dump your ass, or she will stop trying to do nice things.

It is like op says, don't overdo it, but when she does something special, make SURE you compliment her.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's trying to prove herself to you or to qualify, and you shoot her down, she might give up on trying to impress you. The goal is to play "hard to get" not "impossible to get". If she deserves a compliment I will give her one.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the relationship in my opinion. If it's a new girl I've just recently started talking to, I might throw in the extra compliment here and there to show I'm interested in her and to gauge her interest based on her responses.

If it's someone I've been seeing for awhile, I typically only compliment when she did something nice for me specifically.

It can help to give a girl a compliment when she probably wouldn't expect it, like telling a girl she looks nice when she's not wearing makeup or anything. This is something I'd only do with a LTR though.