When the DRAFT comes, are you going to go where they tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please..... Nov 08' isn't far away. The democrats will get our boys out of that shi*storm

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
Please..... Nov 08' isn't far away. The democrats will get our boys out of that shi*storm

I hope that was sarcasm

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
You mean there are actually people who believe that the Democrats or Republicans actually have the best interests of America in mind when they make political decisions?

:down:

Reaction score
There has been legislation in the last few years to bring it about - it will be under the Democrats to be enacted! It is all a mind game - there is no difference in parties - the political Matrix!!

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well there is that guy - goes by the name of Ron Paul...

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be retarded to think there will ever be a draft in this country. It didn't blow over too well last time around. Our wars in the mideast are so unpopular, if the government started making military service mandatory the country would be up in arms. If forcedly sending me off to risk my life in in some sh1thole war that only serves the interest of a select few assho1es is what this country ever comes to, it won't be a country worth living in and I'll have no problem moving the hell out and never looking back. I owe nothing more than taxes to my government, and if they can't even handle that right, what makes you think I'd trust them with my life?

And yeah, in the grand scheme of things the democrats are hardly any better than the republicans, but the republican party has come under control of a group of fuccking evil, fanatical, absolutely corrupt people, and for that alone I'd be more comfortable having the war, or almost anything for that matter, in the hands of the democrats. Not to say I don't see that the US government is entirely rotten throughout, though.

...who will never be more than a 3rd-party candidate or a write-in vote. I wish I could go to the voting booth and have to choose between Ron Paul and Gore, not Giuliani or McCain and Hilary (*barf*). Ugh, americans are dumb.

Reaction score
Falcon said:
I want to believe that, buttttttttt, those who control The Matrix will swallow him!!!

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never go to war and invade a poor country such as Iraq. WTF did they ever do to us. The united states, israel and england are the biggest terrorist nations in the world. That being said there is no other place I would rather live than in the united states. (with the exception of a few western european nations, canada or australia.

And I would like to say anyone who enlists in the armed forces needs there head checked. If your a smart educated person than why the fvck would you go to the army. So you can be a security guard.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody in the military would want the draft reinstuted.

Combat isn't an occupation you'd want a non-professional to due.
Not everyone can be a warrior, and you cant make a warrior out of somebody who doesn't want to be.

Everybody knows the draft makes a good army bad.

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
that is why we hire "sub-contractors" like blackwater(cool name) to do all of the dirty work. and we pay them more than our own military. they also cant be prosecuted in america or iraq. so basically they can do whatever the f**k they want.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no draft, but they do have 'stop loss' policies that essentially strongarm current soldiers into reinlisting. What they do is threaten you with Iraq if you don't reinlist, as well as squeezing as much Iraq time as possible out of the inactive reservists who they know won't re-up.

My cousin did a tour of Iraq as a medic. He literally got splattered with blood several times, because his fellow soldiers tended to get chosen by the snipers. It's rough on a 19 y/o to ask him to patch up a dying friend, try to convince the medevac that the guy who got shot was worth the risk of sending a chopper, and not get shot himself all at the same time. It's even rougher when they won't risk a pilot's life to come get the wounded, and he gets to watch them die and wonder if he had been more persuasive on the radio, then maybe his friend would have lived and not bled to death in the desert...

Then after he does his time and gets back in one piece, they tell him to sign another 4-year contract. The choice is a giant signing bonus and a guarantee of a sweet stateside job in a hospital versus going right back to Iraq for another year. Some choice, he took the bonus and bought a new Jeep.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surprise!

"H.R. 393: Universal National Service Act of 2007
To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes." Introduced january 2007. LMS isn't paranoid...
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-393

Reaction score

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
"H.R. 393: Universal National Service Act of 2007
To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42...
ALL PERSONS? Does that mean girls too? That could get dangerous! Giving loaded guns to a ditzy, club-hopping, PMS-ing 18 year old drama queen? For the love of God, don't tell her khaki makes her thighs look fat!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.