Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When she says "Goodbye"

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It breaks my heart everytime I see one of you guys post a "How do I get her back?" thread. The saddest thing is you probably didn't even do anything wrong. Let me tell you something that might help you move on. She ain't coming back. She's already made up her mind and cut the ties. It's not fair, it's not pretty, but the truth rarely is. Here's a few items that may help explain things.

Women think about their relationship 90% of the time.
Especially since we are told from the cradle that men don't understand a damn thing about love & relationships. We wonder where the relationship is going, where it is, where it was and about every possible direction it can go. She thinks about you as a potential husband, father, lover and will you dump her if she gets cancer. She'll question you IL ever second you're with her, and more so when you're not.

Women NEVER forget...never, never, ever!
You said something as a joke, she SAID she's fine with it and that should be your first warning. In "Woman-speak" the word FINE is defines like this F-furious I-inside N-never E-ending. She will be dragging crap up from thirty years ago to throw in your face now. (Does this mean walk on egg shells to prevent upsetting her? Hell no! But when she says she's "fine" with something and you suspect otherwise CALL HER ON IT. Tell her (don't ask, TELL HER): "So you're REALLY all right with this. You aren't pissed at me, and you aren't going to drag this up later. Is that right?." If she says yes, then don't tolerate her dragging up that item. She agreed she was fine with it and would move on from it.

Women don't like to hurt your feelings.
Really! We really don't like hurting you. That's why the "I think we should break up" line always hits you from out of left field. You never saw it coming, because she never mentioned two weeks ago that she was thinking about it. She didn't want to hurt your feelings. This is especially true if she thinks it wasn't your fault for the break up. (ie...she met some one else, she's having personal problems) This is also why we go to Car Shows (BORING!) and Monster Truck Rallys (LOUD and BORING) then tell you how much fun we had with a big grin!

When she says it's over, IT'S OVER.
By the time she decides it's over, it's over. She has thought up 197 reasons that you two shouldn't be together any more. She has cut the ties and made herself ready to move on. The only thing left to do is tell you. The more you hang on, stay in touch, & try to "win" her back the more fuel you give to her reasoning. The best thing you can do is kiss her on the nose and say: "Well Babe, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck!" and walk away. This doesn't mean she just didn't rip you heart out of your chest and stomp it to a greasy spot on the carpet. It just means that nothing else you can say will help the situation. Not pleading, not screaming and not threats. Don't call, don't write, don't e-mail, don't hire a 25 piece band to play her favorite song in her front yard. Walk away and let it go.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you!

Every guy whose had a broken heart should read this. This is the proper way to break up.

My vote: place this in the Bible.

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
very good points.

Bible material!

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks WT. You're 100% right on the money. I wish you were wrong, but you're right. :D

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easier said than done. For most people they don't want to lose their "lover" - I recommend slowly adjusting one's self to no-contact. I would recommend the "revenge breakup" in which you keep in contact and stuff.. then be real nice to her.. treat her the way she wasn't treated (as in better) and then all of a sudden cut contact.

Now this choice is hard, whether you want to completely shut up or to still have her on the side. Usually when she dumps ya, just start looking around and living life again.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
Easier said than done. For most people they don't want to lose their "lover" - I recommend slowly adjusting one's self to no-contact. I would recommend the "revenge breakup" in which you keep in contact and stuff.. then be real nice to her.. treat her the way she wasn't treated (as in better) and then all of a sudden cut contact.
You like banging your head on the wall?

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork

Now this choice is hard, whether you want to completely shut up or to still have her on the side. Usually when she dumps ya, just start looking around and living life again.
don't wanna sound rude.. but did you actualy READ ? what she posted ? if not read again and try to understand what she is saying.

note again.. do not want to be rude here

Reaction score
Great post. I hope you don't mind but I copied it to my files. I put our screenname at the bottom. Next time I see one of these desperate desperado's I will reffer to your post.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
Nicely done. This is why we have women on the board.

Bible Material. Right here.

Good Job

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks for the good reviews guys! I hope I was able to help.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaterTiger
Women don't like to hurt your feelings.
Women are driven only by selfish motivations, like ALL human beings. Whether or not feelings are going to get hurt is irrelevant. They only want to make it as painless as possible so as to protect their own image, either from you, or from mutual friends, or whoever.

Atratus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: When she says "Goodbye"

Originally posted by drZaius09
Women are driven only by selfish motivations, like ALL human beings. Whether or not feelings are going to get hurt is irrelevant. They only want to make it as painless as possible so as to protect their own image, either from you, or from mutual friends, or whoever.
I concur drZaius09! Except that they don't want to make it painless! Women like to hurt you so that you will slap their asses silly until they love you again. Makeup sex rules.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: When she says "Goodbye"

Originally posted by drZaius09
I agree about the selfishness, but you forget that by protecting YOU from the pain, they are protecting themselves from the GUILT! I think image is lower down the agenda.

And WaterTiger, bravo! Where the hell were you when I broke up with my GF last year?

Another vote for the Bible.

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cynical Dr Zaius!

While obviously there is no such thing as a pure 100% altrusic act, I know for a fact I have done things for people primarily for them, i didn't want anything in return or not even to feel the warm glow in the pit of the stomach ;)

Plus besides, even if something good is done for primarily selfish reasons, then it doesn't change the fact that some good has STILL been done :)

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Post WT,

just a few points..there are women who break up with a guy because of some unresolved anger issue or blame the guy for the failed relationship.

This is related to the "She NEVER forgets ANYTHING" point.

and when a woman is Furiously angry (hell hath no fury than a woman scorned)

she WILL MOST DEFINITELY go out of her way to hurt your feelings (Ive experienced this first hand)

I think when most people break up..the parties involved (especially the dumpee) feels an INTENSE sense of rejection..loses his sense of self worth, masculinity and pride.

Its only when you can come to terms that the Break up HAS NOTHING TO DO with you as a PERSON..rather than an incompatibility issue..

then can you find peace of mind..and let go of the anger, self pity, depression, etc..

But the road to that is a bit more complex than words can describe.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: When she says "Goodbye"

Originally posted by bugsquish
I agree about the selfishness, but you forget that by protecting YOU from the pain, they are protecting themselves from the GUILT! I think image is lower down the agenda.
Great point. I'm surprised at myself for missing that. Busy day.

Image does come into play, but you are right, that is further down the ladder. I've found guilt to be one of their highest motivators.