Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When compliments go wrong (+ field experience)

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK so I'm at today work, right. I'm being my normal charming self. Its now automatic for me to compliment just about every woman I come across now, even if they are ugly (the practice is valuable).

Anyway check out what happened. I was complimenting a fellow workmate as I was passing her in the hall. I wasn't trying to game her or anything she's a 5, but like I said I'm in that auto mode now, it just happens and listen to the convo:

Me: I like the new hairstyle, very nice
Her: Oh, Thanks
Me: Did you get it cut?
Her: Its a wig
Me: [silence]........................................I never would have guessed, It looks good

This is the first time that I ever had a compliment like go wrong on me.
How did I handle it?
What would you have said?

I need some some feedback on this one fellas.

Last edited:

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You weren't intentionally being mean, so there's nothing to apologise for(which you didn't, but I wanted to rule that out as an option).

In fact I like the way you handled it. Now if she were to spaz out, maybe something more might be in order.

wind20mph

Don Juan
Reaction score
No need to worry. Its great.

You're doing great!

But practice to compliment someone especially women with added humor. its will be best to crack up.

dookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen... about the hair-do being a wig. I just replied with "It looks elegant, reminds me of Audery Hepburn" Which it did because she has a very similar features.

Another time I wasn't sure if it the chick got the hair cut or not, I said, "Your hair looks good, did you get it cut?" She was very supprised that I noticed and mentioned that none of the guys noticed the change. The only thing I could up with was "Its the little thigns that count..." hehe. Since then she has been using a lot of kino when she's around and moves in close when i'm talking with her.

I did have a horrible c/f moment. It was about racing my car with hers... She said made some dumb joke about us making it on the evening news about speeding. I had a brain fart and said "and that she didn't survive" I couldn't tell if she took it as a joke, she just said "Ohh don't say that" I can't remember the rest of it but it certianly wasn't the best convo.

Phrase

Don Juan
Reaction score
One day in college a friend that had graduated already came to visit me. He didn't have a car so he came over with a girl friend. That girl friend stayed in my room the whole time and flirted/talked with me. That night we both ended up at the same club.. talked and asked her to dance. She agreed. Now I had a couple of beers but everything was going good.. well it was until she put her hair up in a pony tail to get cooler because it was hot in there. She realy did look good, so I made some compliment like you look great tonight or something and she stopped dancing and looked at me pyscho.. says "What do you mean tonight?" "Was I ugly earlier?" "Does alcohol make me pretty?" "So I guess im ugly on a normal day".. Totally flooored me and since then I decided I would improve my game and never make a coment related to a time and place. Even now that I think about it this chic had to have had some issues to go at me like this.

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phrase, since you guys had a great time together the entire day and its obvious that she liked you, I think she was just testing you. I really don't think she meant it. It looks like you failed that one.

Skweints

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree Phase, you should said something like *crazy look* "Come on, now, don't be rediculous. Are you begging for attention or something?" Girls are VERY GOOD at making you feel like you're at fault when you've done nothing wrong. One of the most important things men need to learn is... well... that they are -never- wrong. That's why we were given the gift of being able to realize what actually is right, and what actually is wrong. (How come, even today, we still see very few females in charge? I'd say there's only about 10% of the female population that are in a position that can effect a majority of people... e.g. government workers like the senate and house. And there STILL hasn't been a female president.) Unless you get that feeling or can honestly come to the conclusion that you screwed up, don't let a woman try to convince you that you are wrong. Even if they get upset and butthurt, just blow them off to the side, keep on having a good night, and the next time they see ya, they'll act like they never said it in the first place.

xiola

Don Juan
Reaction score
i probably would have laughed and said "no sht?"

b

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
David D tells this story of his friend who was awesome at being playfully flirty.

One night the guy went up to a HOT girl with a nice leather jacket around her shoulders. He waited, didn't see a boyfriend anywhere around, so he approached her.

He goes up to her and tugs on the jacket sleeves, and starts playing with them. He says to her "Wow it's like you have no arms!!!" Just playing with her.

Turns out she was an amputee. Her friends told him off, called him an a.sshole, etc. He left, and decided he didn't feel like sarging that night.

Today he can look back on it and laugh. But in the moment...