When a girl wants to meet your friends

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A few of the women that I am pursuing are the types who say "let's get a group of our friends together and go do such and such."

Now I have friends but we don't go out and hang out at happy hours together or stuff like that. I have a few close friends that I get together with a couple times a month and do active stuff with - ride bikes, go offroading with, hiking, etc.

I don't have friends that I can contact on short notice and say "hey let's meet my date and her friends at the brewery and take a tour" stuff like that.

I think some women judge based on how many friends you can get to show up at happy hour. That's just not important to me (it's boring to me actually) and it's a problem sometimes.

My last gf kept saying when am I going to meet your friends? So I took her to a meet up, which was me and my friends taking a raft into a flooded mine and exploring it. I told her to be prepared to get wet and muddy but she was clearly put out hahaha.

So, I'm gonna keep dating and these situations will keep coming up, and I'm not sure what to do when they say "let's get our friends together!" Yet I'm attracted to and seem to attract outgoing, social women...........

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like tests to me. Don't get me wrong, she may be into you with high IL, but I avoid girls like this who would constantly be sizing you up. Make no mistake she wants to see how "valuable" you are by sizing you and your pals up.

If she was into you and a cool chick, she wouldn't care about all that other stuff. She'd just be having a good time with you.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
always keep in the mind the fable of relationship george and independent george....don't let it happen....a george divided upon itself cannot stand!

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
always keep in the mind the fable of relationship george and independent george....don't let it happen....a george divided upon itself cannot stand!

CLASSIC! And "true" too.

DAMN, I missed that show.:yes:

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meeting a date's friends is just another way to get to know them better. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Seeing someone with their friends is important. You get a chance to see that person's true colors. You can't hide behind a facade with your friends there.

Getting together with both sets of friends and having everyone get along shouldn't make or break the relationship. I've been in plenty of good relationships where I didn't like some of her friends and vice versa.

Judging someone solely based on their friends seems a little immature. However I have noticed over the years that when people don't have many friends, it's usually for a reason. Not necessarily a negative thing but in many cases it is. Sometimes you meet some lonewolf-type person who seems cool initially and then as you get to know them better you see why. I always like to give people a chance but you can't deny the fact that hundreds of people before you did the same thing.

What's the deal with your friends? Are you somewhat embarrassed of them in a social setting? Are they a little nerdy or awkward? I find it tough to believe that outgoing active guys into riding, off-roading, hiking, etc aren't down with getting together for a few drinks and fun with some attractive ladies.

If you find yourself attracted to outgoing and social women but aren't into being social yourself then you're not going to have much luck.....