When A Girl Thinks You Are Obsessed...

OhMyGod

Reaction score
I've been with this girl for about 8 months. We get, sorry got, along great. However last week she pulls up and says "i need to get away from you, i think you are obsessed with me". I was shell shocked...no idea where that came from. There's no sap, no lovey type stuff coming from my end. We talk like once a day on the phone, she usually does the calling. We hang out 5 times a week, etc. She likes that I send her emails, we exchange them like 2 times a day...I work a desk job so I'm always in front of the computer. Something freaked her out and I don't know what it is, but she said "you are obsessed". Since then I have gone no contact. I know she was disrespectful as hell with this and i know she loves my attention. Not sure if I want her back or what's up with her...but when someone tells you this and you clearly aren't...I mean I looked up what obsessed meant in regards to another person...holy s@it batman I am not that. Can you beat these people and flip their head around by showing that you are not obsessed?

cris06

Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
Don't react to her at all. Thats how you show her how "obsessed" you are. If anybody mentions it start laughing. Also you could joke that she was obsessed with you too. :D
haha dats wat u should do!! " nah she was obsessed wit me!!":D

OhMyGod

Reaction score
hahahaha...i know right. when she said that i told her bye and haven't spoken to her since saturday afternoon. will this mess with her head b/c she was wrong and i'll eventually hear from her?

cris06

Don Juan
Reaction score
if wat she said is true she will be rielieved that u dnt contact her as much but then again ur prob gna get the "oh hey how have u been" email or sumthing!!! "just called to say hi"" haha

thats wen u laugh and small talk her and say haha " YOu ****ed up" hahahah

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if a woman you dated for 8 months turns sour like that right away then she's probably met someone else that she's taking more interest in. Or at least she's wanting to meet someone new.

Women turn sour to their boyfriends when they've lost attraction.

5 Days a week is way too much time to be dedicating to your girl. What are you married? Do you want to be? You should be doing things with friends and improving yourself.

Going no contact was probably the right thing to do here, but I feel as if it's too late. What she told you is pretty harsh for someone who is supposed to care for you.

cris06

Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if a woman you dated for 8 months turns sour like that right away then she's probably met someone else that she's taking more interest in. Or at least she's wanting to meet someone new.

Women turn sour to their boyfriends when they've lost attraction.

5 Days a week is way too much time to be dedicating to your girl. What are you married? Do you want to be? You should be doing things with friends and improving yourself.

Going no contact was probably the right thing to do here, but I feel as if it's too late. What she told you is pretty harsh for someone who is supposed to care for you.
TRUE ...AND ALSO CUZ U CAN NEVER BE TOO SURE WAT THEY DO AT "GIRLS NITE OUTS" HAHAHA:crackup:

OhMyGod

Reaction score
WC2...i guess I should give you some background....should be more like four nights a week. i work a 40 hour a week job, come home work on beats and films that i make...live with my friend. she would come over at night 11pm and stay until 3 and spend the night. not with her every minute and trust me i have status. and her and i write short films and we are working on a kids book, so when we are hanging half the time it's working. i'm 30, she's 27 and has some kind of mental thing. when i get close she goes the other way.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OhMyGod said:
WC2...i guess I should give you some background....should be more like four nights a week. i work a 40 hour a week job, come home work on beats and films that i make...live with my friend. she would come over at night 11pm and stay until 3 and spend the night. not with her every minute and trust me i have status. and her and i write short films and we are working on a kids book, so when we are hanging half the time it's working. i'm 30, she's 27 and has some kind of mental thing. when i get close she goes the other way.
Well whatever amount of time you were spending with her, it's obviously a little too much; or else she wouldn't have bluntly told you that you're being a little too obsessive. Women are picky. They think they want you to be there with them all the time, but once you start doing that they start wanting different things.

Not saying that you can't have a successful relationship based on friendship and work (like making short films/stories with her), but if she's becoming a vital part of your life wherein you cannot live without her, you're just hurting yourself-- and pushing her away.

Girlfriends losing interest isn't the end of the world. It happens in almost every relationship and half of the time it's perfectly fixable (by changing things up and spending a little more time with yourself and buddies).

I've always been a fan of seeing your girl a few times a week, and making those moments more meaningful. If you're seeing your girl 4-5 nights a week then you'll fall into routines and start seeing each others flaws. If you limit it to a few nights a week it becomes more enjoyable.. trust me.