When a girl is too good to be true

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gut instincts are telling me there is some bull**** going on I have yet to figureout.
Let me tell you some solid advice I received from someone when my last relationship failed:

Don't listen to your heart...because it's weak and can be manipulated.

Don't listen to your mind...because it can be tricked.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, listen to your gut instinct because it's NEVER wrong.

I live by that creed now, because it's the truth. I can't tell you how many times that I've had a gut instinct about something and ignored it and then it came back to bite me in the ass later.

When something seems too good to be true, it usually is!

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
00Kevin said:
My gut instincts are telling me there is some bull**** going on I have yet to figureout.
That is a good thing to have your gut talking to you, you are more intune to what is happening in the real world instead of walking blindly in the dark because she declares her love for you. This obviously means that you are not ready to fully committ to this girl because something ain't sitting right either with you or with her, either way only time will tell you if there is really something there.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
00Kevin said:
Have any of you guys ever had a woman that is just too damn good to be true?
Not in the USA!

If she seems too good, rest assured that she's hiding an STD or some other dark secret. You hardly even know her yet...so expect her true colors to show at some point when she slowly comes out of hibernation mode.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Not in the USA!

If she seems too good, rest assured that she's hiding an STD or some other dark secret. You hardly even know her yet...so expect her true colors to show at some point when she slowly comes out of hibernation mode.

Is that mean that every girl you meet and she satisifies you and makes you happy automatically makes her a liar with STD?? wtf is wrong with you??

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a rare thing to come across someone who is truly too good to be true. More than likely someone is more focused on their positive attributes to notice (which isn't entirely a bad thing).

Step back to get a broader view and recognize the entire person. If then the person still seems perfect, great! If not it still may be pretty damn good. Worse case scenario is that you realize that your rose colored glasses were smudged.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Not in the USA!

well she isn't from the USA or canada. I stoped dating those hors a while ago.

I 've listened to a lot of sound advice here and used it to go woman shopping.

I will ask her if she has any dark secrets.. just to see how she reacts.

My situation is like buying brand new BMW for the cost of a ford pinto. I just can't believe it. It must be stolen.

Then again perhaps modern women are way over priced.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have something similar with my gf. She's foreign as well and has displayed the highest IL i've ever gotten off any girl. I've only being dating her for 10 weeks but her IL has remained sky high in that time. The funny thing is that it is a bit unsettling. I don't agree with calling all american women "hors" (thats stupid talk) however they rarely display an IL so high that you feel completely in control.

I am a little insecure about my self worth so it does lead me to questioning why this good looking girl is so hung up on me. Whats the catch etc.
Ultimately i think this is an issue you have and nothing to do with the gf.