What's your opinion on my diet?

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Breakfast:
1 bowl of low-fat milk (soon to be replaced by soymilk) + oatmeal + banana + cocoa powder
Snack 1:
2 slices of whole wheat bread + peanut butter +tangerine or other fruit
Lunch:
Depends on what my parents cook, what I cook or what is available at the cafeteria of a university near my school (usually contains some form of meat, some form of starch, vegetables or salad, sauce)
Snack 2:
1 slice of whole wheat bread + cotttage cheese + spices + pumpkin seeds + some kind of vegetable or fruit
Dinner:
Depends on what's leaft over from lunch, often a sandwich with two eggs and some vegetables, sometimes pizza or döner kebap, sometimes just bread with ham and/or cheese, often soup, often fruit

Plus a yoghurt or some other moderately sweet treat sometime throughout the day.

On workout days, I drink a protein shake (36 g of protein) after my workout.

So, how do you like this for a 16 year old from germany?:)

My goals are to gain about 5 kg (approx. 11 pounds) in 3 to 4 months.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
36 gram of protein in a shake?? Mine is 16 per scoop, and one scoop per shake, as reccomended...what brand do you use???

Oh, PS. I started dieting using Warboss Alex's adviceI can see results already - after 4 weeks. I currently eat about 200g of protein and 250 on workout days...you should do the same.

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10. My brand is "Champ". I may have misread the label, I'll check that later.
My problem is, I have to eat what I get for lunch on every day except for thursday and sunday, when I have enough time to cook. I can't cook anything for breakfast, midmorning snack and midafternoon snack. So, are there any other good protein sources besides cottage cheese and peanut butter and eggs that I don't have to cook (very much, eggs are about the limit)? I will get myself some tuna or other lowfat, high protein fish that's precooked, but besides that, I can't think of anything.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hard boil 6-15 eggs in a big pot, then eat em throughout the day. If you do this, i'd reccomend buying eggs from costco, as this could get expensive.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yake said:
I'm 5'10. My brand is "Champ". I may have misread the label, I'll check that later.
My problem is, I have to eat what I get for lunch on every day except for thursday and sunday, when I have enough time to cook. I can't cook anything for breakfast, midmorning snack and midafternoon snack. So, are there any other good protein sources besides cottage cheese and peanut butter and eggs that I don't have to cook (very much, eggs are about the limit)? I will get myself some tuna or other lowfat, high protein fish that's precooked, but besides that, I can't think of anything.
I meant how heavy are you. You need 1.5-2g protein per lb bodyweight and right now you're barely getting any in. Your diet is mainly carb based.

Make up shakes with whey, oats, raw eggs, peanut butter, fruit etc if you have no time to cook in the mornings. Liquid meals could also stand in as snacks. Include red meat in your diet since you aren't.