Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats your guys take on Capoeira?

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on, it looks like it'd be effective if used properly. A kick like that coming down with all that force looks brutal :O

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's cool as a lifestyle. Guys in Brazil will be on the beach surrounded by drummers and hot Brazilian chics cheering them on. It's not an effective system of self-defense, these guys wouldn't last a second against even a good wrestler, but it does look like a lot of fun and a great way to stay in shape and meet girls if you live in Brazil.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the women who engage in this sh1t are so damn HOT.

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Capt Jack, if you want to be deadly take a look at Sambo.. There are other, less acrobaty ways than Capoiera, to be freaky ****y.

up_an_up

Don Juan
Reaction score
capoeira is cool. I had some friends who were into it. Like everyone else said, dont take it for self defense, but it could be a positive thing to get going. I would only recommend it if there was a place to learn it near by that had a somewhat large amount of participants.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Wolf said:
Hey Capt Jack, if you want to be deadly take a look at Sambo.. There are other, less acrobaty ways than Capoiera, to be freaky ****y.
I'll take cumbias instead

Thorns

Don Juan
Reaction score
99% of combat is shock and awe, this has buckets of it. I tried it for awhile, not really my thing, but it is fun and awesome. If you want to be able to fight take some form of Tae Kwon Do then anything else. It is the base and you can jump into practically anything after that.
Basically:
TKD=Raw, fight, kill, Win+self confidence you could win in a real fight.
Capoeria=Fun community, needs muscle to do crazy stuff and get coordination and balance, but is crazy cool.
The two though, are COMPLETE opposites (I speak from experience).

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any martial arts is good when used against someone not trained in some form of fighting discipline. Your average AMOG on the street might know how to punch and rassle (yes, I spelt it that way for a reason) but when it comes to fighting someone with a real fighting plan, they will crumble.