What's your advice for a man whose fiancee thinks her engagement ring is too small?

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually if you read her question, *she's* not the one who thinks it's too small, it's her harridan mother and some other snarky b!tches. Women sure can be cold, spiteful jealous little creatures...I mean, who the f sh!ts on someone's parade by disparaging their ring? If I were her I would cut off all the hating little slags permanently.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlphaWhiskey said:
Actually if you read her question, *she's* not the one who thinks it's too small, it's her harridan mother and some other snarky b!tches. Women sure can be cold, spiteful jealous little creatures...I mean, who the f sh!ts on someone's parade by disparaging their ring? If I were her I would cut off all the hating little slags permanently.
Nope doesn't work this way....women value the opinion of females FAR MORE than any man.

a woman will value the opinion of a woman she just met over a BF or husband every time.

if the woman's friends are dissing her ring that will make its way to her subconscious within seconds and that poison will infect the way she feels about her man.

when selecting a woman for long term ALWAYS EVALUATE THE WOMEN AROUND HER...those will be the key to her mindstate and suitability for relationship status.

a woman will never get rid of female friends for a man...she might PRETEND TO...but that will breed resentment for later.

far more prudent to get rid of a girl with greedy, arrogant, or materialistic friends (for LTR of course)

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
Nope doesn't work this way....women value the opinion of females FAR MORE than any man.

a woman will value the opinion of a woman she just met over a BF or husband every time.

if the woman's friends are dissing her ring that will make its way to her subconscious within seconds and that poison will infect the way she feels about her man.

when selecting a woman for long term ALWAYS EVALUATE THE WOMEN AROUND HER...those will be the key to her mindstate and suitability for relationship status.

a woman will never get rid of female friends for a man...she might PRETEND TO...but that will breed resentment for later.

far more prudent to get rid of a girl with greedy, arrogant, or materialistic friends (for LTR of course)
Sorry man, I could not disagree more. Sure what you said might apply to some of them, but I know from experience that when a woman is truly in love with you she will dismiss friends and sometimes even family to support/be with you. The rare "real" girl won't give a damn what anyone thinks about you, her ring, the car you drive, etc. You are her whole world and everything else is a distant second.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another biscuit for Burroughs! ;-)

I dated a girl that was head over heals for me for about a year who had a greedy, arrogant, materialistic, spiteful, cold, and jealous female friend. She put so many crazy thoughts into my girls head. This kunt was a constant threat to the health of my relationship. I finally gave up and ended it.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
When you bring her here from overseas, and don't let her on the Net, and don't get her a cell phone with overseas access, you can be fairly certain that few of her old friends or family have much influence upon her, and in the first place, most of those overseas gals don't have a CLUE how to be the sort of ***** that most US women are (at heart).

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She can feel free to walk out the door. That's BIG enough...and that's if she wants to turn on you like all her materialistic family & friends. When I get to that point where I have to purchase an engagement ring, I'll make sure there is a solid no skin off my d!ck return policy.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wrote to the advice lady, so she has no internal ethical system, no morality, that guides her behavior. She, like most women, is a spineless jellyfish -- flotsam and jetson -- going with the flow.

If a woman resents a present you gave her, just say "here let me return that and get you something better." Take the ring from her, and return it.

The man would never have known that her mother said it -- if the woman wanted him and did the ordinary duty of protecting the spouse from problems on your side of the family. She didn't. The relationship is over. The man might as well go no contact now and save himself from having to watch this barracuda go through his credit to finance the wedding, honeymoon, new house/furniture/cars, etc.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Prudence actually gave her some sound advice!
before I got married Igave my wife to be a washing machine instead of an engagement ring, it was an expensive washing machine but my wife to be accepted things were tough and we needed more practical stuff, she didnt give a sh!"t what others thought.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlphaWhiskey said:
Sorry man, I could not disagree more. Sure what you said might apply to some of them, but I know from experience that when a woman is truly in love with you she will dismiss friends and sometimes even family to support/be with you. The rare "real" girl won't give a damn what anyone thinks about you, her ring, the car you drive, etc. You are her whole world and everything else is a distant second.
Can't you have both?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice: Don't buy an engagement ring.

I didn't. My wife got my grandmother's wedding ring. She bought me mine.

We spent our money on a fantastic overseas trip.

Run that test on your girl. "Instead of a diamond ring, I'd rather take three months to see the world. What do you say?"

If she balks, dump.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:

Such a angry and bitter man yet wise as very few I met in my life, couldnt agree more with such posts.

The sheep mentality of girls plus the total lack of emphaty or good will of jealous over possessive girl "friends".

Howiestern said:

I dated a girl that was head over heals for me for about a year who had a greedy, arrogant, materialistic, spiteful, cold, and jealous female friend. She put so many crazy thoughts into my girls head. This kunt was a constant threat to the health of my relationship. I finally gave up and ended it.
Happened the same to me, lost many girls due to such behaviour from their female friend cvnts, girls which were egoist and mentally disturbed in the same amount.

Rep for both, such posts must be reminded, damn cant to burrough, own u one mate.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
The very worst that ever happened to me was a girl I was seeing was like, best friends with her sister and mom. They shared everything. Like they would talk about sex and stuff openly. Not sure how the mother could stand it...but they did.

Anyway, when it became apparent that I wasn't some type of AFC beta, they convinced her that I was just some jock who didn't care about her at all, sabotaging our entire relationship. At the time, she was my only plate and I really did actually like her. She would call me up all the time and say she couldn't see me anymore, and I'd calm her down and we'd hang a bit. But more and more it was evident that her family was winning out. She stopped having secks with me because of her family values (funny how it didn't matter before), she stopped coming over to my place and spending the night, she stopped texting, calling, everything. We just stopped talking.

It was also back when I was on facebook, and I got messages from her sister (who I was not friends with) telling me to leave her alone and that I was terrible for her and I was just an a$$hole. Like, these people had never met me before and they were creating some vision in her head of me that really was just "make-believe." They did some master inception sh!t in that girls brain that turned her off. Created a Lennay Kekua in her head of who I really was.

Women will choose social status over men any day of the week. If you are perceived the wrong way by her peers, you're fvcked.

Last thing: one day when I was in highschool my sister was getting ready to go out on a date. It took her seriously 3 hours to get ready. I needed to get in the bathroom, but it was occupied so I was like, damn why do you take so long to get ready for this dude. You've known him for like 5 months, he obviously likes you. She said "I don't dress up for him anymore, I dress up for other women." Women are in a constant state of competition. If they aren't viewed as good looking, cute, or fashionable, they are ostricized. Likewise, if they don't have good boyfriend material, they are ridiculed to no end.
Holy words, a simple line which make it clear that you do no wrong by behaving "bad" as long as such behaviour is socially accepted and rewarded.

Here we can also get why women are so sentive to all this celebrity bullsh1t, its all about status and bragging with their friends.

They would rather be cheated and humiliated from the top guy of the group that every girl wants than be honored and loved from a guy which is not considered among the top dogs,let alone the funny guy.

So its not much about spending energy in such girl but much more to spend it on yourself and gain means, paradoxically you get reward from girls right after you reward yourself with victories in your life.

I believe its not so much about girls but about yourself.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
Get out? For starters, why get engaged at all? Second of all, if she's complaining about the ring, he done fuct up way ahead of time.

One of the things I learned in teh community a long time ago is that when you think you messed up and lost the girl, you actually messed up a couple steps/stages earlier than you thought and what you think you did wrong was really just the final straw. The real issues were created way sooner. This guy is in the same boat IMO.

Duce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:

You sir get my vote for best reply.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How infuriating. Hook some AFChumpdiggity and make him get you a specific ring in a specific amount of time so she can have a wedding bigger than her tw@t friends did.

As long as men give a shıt about these requests and feed their fire, the entire forest will burn.

Shıt's sickening. Filter your women, men, don't be a casualty of living beyond your means.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
Women will choose social status over men any day of the week. If you are perceived the wrong way by her peers, you're fvcked.
I disagree. Look at my recent thread about the downfall of the British Monarchy. Even with the status of being a future queen, Prince William's wife has turned out to be a sourpuss. I don't know how any man in the UK could have higher status than that!

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say instead of wedding rings, we should buy our wives-to-be a love swing for the bedroom. much more fun. Plus, everybody will ask the two of you if you broke the swing in yet, you know it will at least get used once! lol

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howiestern said:

I'll throw another bone. My mom let her, now non-friend (for smoking in her car! she said..:crazy:), then best friend put a sh!t-ton of lies and bad advice about my dad into her mind back in the late 80s/early 90s, which eventually led to my mother committing adultery (not caught but she had her new boyfriend, from work, immediately after, AND during those times while I was a freshman in college living at home, I remember my mother coming home late every night in that last year married to my dad, a marine, forever badboy just constant bar fights, pool fights, street fights, just a fvckin alpha mean muther when he had to be, but genuine to those he saw as good-natured, Very quick Irish temper, but he Never ever struck my mom or Any woman and always told me never to hit a woman and I haven't, to this day, even when they've hit me uncontrollably, even when they weren't even ever going with me). Anyway my mom's best friend put so many bad ideas into her mind about my dad (faults, yes, in that he didn't want to work anymore than he had to, and wasn't "ambitious" enough for my mother who at the time was actually making more money). This made her just throw away my genetic father, and trash (never verbally just could sense her feelings for my father's side) All of our family after 19-20 years of my life on the planet. Sure she was still good-looking at the time and had a lot of looks currency, which liberated her to think she could easily discard my dad - in the workplace men sure enough showed her mega-attention I can't say why but she'd fought and won a lawsuit of equal pay for all of the women there (millions at the time) and I guess good looks plus smarts to win that what-seemed in the mid-80s impossible feat, plus media attention, strength to stand up to some high-powered politicians, made her even more desirable to men out there.

In a sense, this was my father's fault for telling her what to say during the lawsuit (he told me that he told her what to say every step of the way but she took credit - he has a very legal mind but never was a lawyer but represented himself in court back when in fights etc and always had the judge's favor in that town...in the Marines he'd get into trouble but always was able to escape, like Houdini, from whatever predicament he found himself in as a result of drinking fighting whatever, he was always sided with and in one case he said that a bad cop could have killed him (and sure as sh!t wanted to blow him away while in custody) if he'd just moved a little, he came so close to not surviving several instances, just luck luck luck, and had never thought he'd live past 30, and he's 64 now after collapsed lungs, arm almost severed off, bankruptcy, two wives three kids (who he never calls), etc. My father never care for or did what authority said, but just the exact opposite, just the way he was wired. Even his hard-lined Papa kicked him out for getting his high school (runner-up beauty queen - I saw his HS annual with Johnny Carson there signing something next to her for proof) sweetheart (1st wife) pregnant at 17, he told me they were fvckin as early as 12 - this is back in the late 50s early 60s).

So my mother believes this low-life friend (David Bowie worshiper and animal/dog lover, deadbeat boyfriends/a slew of ex's fvcked up son who was expelled from my HS he was into D&D and drugs of the time) of many years from work, about my flesh n' blood father about he's no good for her (to paraphrase - I have no idea what she may/may not have told her about him), so over time after separating and getting back together and then cheating (imo) then finally divorcing my dad. Now that sick friend is no longer friends with my mother. My mother has got nothing but rich neighborhood friends cause she's doing well financially. Dad's broke.

However, as Whiskey said, I have had a few who would certainly over-look the ring and what "others" say to/about her, but those ones have always either been a *****, or a drug-user at some point, but that's just My experience. Most girls in the church or "good girls" end up getting sabotaged by her girl "friends" as these "good" girls always, for some reason, seem to defer to what their father, their mother, their sister, their "sisters," have to say to keep them "good" to keep them "out of trouble" to Stay good. Well, that's been my experience with most, they are impressed with me, her girlfriends find out about me and her, they don't want us to be happy, they don't want us to go forward with it, they see me as wicked, evil, not normal, uncouth, not aristocratic or living within the social standards of high society you know the pencil pusher I Am Not. I work mentally And very physically. Her friends will want me to be a patron of fancy restaurants, to have enemas, to have a handkerchief to dab the corners of my mouth. Uh now, I will Not be snobbish, I will Not be elitist, that's not me, that's not my dad, that's my mom. She sought to fit-in with high society. i want no part of it. It's funny how the people who portend to Know so much can't even SEE the fvckin nose below their very own fvckin eyes. They can't SEE much of Any thing in real time. It's like here, think-fast, catch this (box, pen, nerf football), yes, they will fumble it, because, Most of these so-called intellectuals are a bunch of frauds livin in fraud-ville. I'm not saying that your only use is how hard you work. That's communism. But far too many, think because they've studied this and that book, or have obtained this "position" that, fvck, we are a country run by those who rest on their laurels. It's called corporate welfare. The b!tches who seep bad info about You into the ears of the "good" women who initially were taken by you, will only deem you satisfactory IF you are already in the "club" the corporate welfare club, of those who do nothing more, than Rest on their laurels (of which, who can say they have done much? Really, for real...) and eat at fancy restaurants, say all the proper things, lap of leisure, happy cheery gay life ever after. That's not me. I'm like that Van Halen line "I wanna run for my money, that's all..." I gave up the leisure government life in my late teens early 20s to move far away and go strike out on my own with NObody to support me or know me where I decided to move. I wouldn't change a thing, to go back and live leisurely in an easy fvckin government joke of a job. I'd felt guilty the whole time I was at work for no profit or no reason to improve. Some people like that slow walk.

Marriage with a Big Ring is a slow walk.