What's with Elvis??

CON

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard of this Elvis script for approaching. Did a search and came up empty. What's this all about?

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pull up your collar with a flourish and say, "Dooah! Do you have a boyfriend?"
lol

Batman407

Don Juan
Reaction score
look it up on fastseduction.com

IMO, its stupid and I have no idea why people keep using it as a crutch.... or any canned opener for the matter. If a person came up to me and said that I surely wouldn't be intrigued by them, I'd wonder what the hell they're talking about.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, the Elvis Script is not intended to be used as an actual opener for a pickup.

It is part of Mystery's newbie mission to get guys into the mindset of approaching. You are supposed to go into the group or approach the girl, GENUINELY BELIEVE you are not hitting on anyone, run the script and eject with "pleasure meeting you." It's to teach guys that approaching is not all about crashing and burning. You appear like a confident individual who has no problem with talking to groups of strangers, you eject dignity intact. No harm chatting about Elvis.

When you DO get an interesting response, which will happen eventually just from your improved delivery and your increased likelihood of running into a girl or group who will respond in a fun way you can stay and chat and do whatever you want from there.

When I was a total newbie to group approaching I did this exercise upwards of 200 times to groups. It's an interesting exercise. If you want to read the full post on Mystery's newbie mission, here it is...

http://www.fastseduction.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=retrieve&grp=1&mn=390805555

Having said all this, it does kind of suck as openers go. Unless they take it an run with it, it's awkward to transition to anything else from Elvis most of the time.

-PDX

B.Kennedy

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.fastseduction.com/asf-faq.shtml

Q: "What is Mystery's 'Elvis opener/script'?"

A: First, you should understand that this is an EXAMPLE only of how to do a canned opener. It is NOT something you should do verbatim. Seduction is a process and has a structure but regurgitating words you've read from the Internet is not the way to seduce or even attract a woman, although it might give you the initial attention you'll need to progress to something else. The "Elvis script" (as well as "Blonde opener", "ESP routine" etc.) has become somewhat of an unspoken joke around mASF and it's frankly quite disturbing that so many newbies and AFCs beg to get a hold of it, as if they have no creativity, capability, or desire to learn how to structure a PU that they think they need and can get away with using some overused, canned opener and script. The question you need to ask yourself is: "OK, I repeat this stuff to a chick. Then what?" If you don't know what happens after "Then what?", you clearly won't understand the purpose of this example and you've got to keep learning and, more importantly, go out into the field and try a lot of DIFFERENT things, watch for reactions, see what happens.

Alright, in light of all that, and because it gets asked way too often on ASF, here's the damn Elvis script:

"Did you know that Elvis dyed his hair black? What was his natural hair color?"

"Dirty Blond."

"Did you know that Priscilla Presley also dyed her hair?"

"I don't know what her natural hair color was, I'm not Cliff Claven, but can you picture that these two every couple of weeks would dye their hair black together around a dirty sink in some sick mass-appealing ceremonial ritual? I bet people never considered that before ... did you?"

Alternative:

"Did you know that all Elvis had to do to get a shag was look directly into the girl's eyes and smile?"

Then look into the chick's eyes and smile.