Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's up with the obsession with women and wine all of a sudden?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this a new thing or have women always been obsessed with wine? Maybe I just never paid attention but lately I'm noticing they are flat out OBSESSED with it. Me, I've never been a big wine drinker. I'm a beer man. I hear alot of women talk about how they like a guy that knows wine and blah, blah, blah. They post pics of wine glasses, wine bottles, them drinking wine, them holding wine, them going to wine tasting, you name it.

I wonder if guys started doing the same about beer if we would be labeled as lushes and drunks and partyers that refuse to grow up?lol

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you mid 20s? That's kind of when everyone, women and men alike, start becoming more interested in wine than beer. So your peers may just be at that stage of life.

rhythmic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people think it's inherently classy and sophisticated to drink, know about and enjoy wine, and women want to be those things. Definitely not a new thing though.

LongLostFriend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, being a beer connoisseur is a "thing" now, too.

Knowing wine inside out is another way for chicks to tell themselves that they are sophisticated. It is in the same category as being well-traveled, only a good deal cheaper.

In any case, if you want to know about wine, go for it. It will be a DHV to a lot of chicks. Me? I am not much of a wine dude, but I have gotten to know my ****tails a good deal better. My go-to drink when I am out is an old-fashioned.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
it's all stupid. Alchohol is POISON, so they dilute it and flavor it and act all snobbish about it, but you're still a moron if you imbibe it.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Its all a part of the pretentious, "fabulous", stylish, "I'm a big deal", yuppie culture.

Modern women believe that as long as they buy the right brand names, shop at Whole Foods, and drink wine.. they are "classy" be default.. no matter how many c0cks they've sucked. :yes:

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
Its all a part of the pretentious, "fabulous", stylish, "I'm a big deal", yuppie culture.

Modern women believe that as long as they buy the right brand names, shop at Whole Foods, and drink wine.. they are "classy" be default.. no matter how many c0cks they've sucked. :yes:
Do you ever stop with the little nuggets of wisdon? SRS.:yes:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
PlayHer Man said:

^This. It's a snob appeal sort of thing.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two wine bars very near my house, where you can buy cards and sample wines like vending machines.

I can't tell you how easy it is to get a "classy" b!tch drunk there.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wine is nasty. Beer is good, liquor is better (whiskey, rum, vodka, in that order). But yes I've noticed this and I simply do not understand it. I mean, I do get the fact that they think it makes them look more classy/sophisticated, but I still don't get it.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women develop a sudden appreciation of wine when they notice that all their dildos have become too small for some reason.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
This. I'm very familiar with real wine culture, but when you see the town slvt holding up a $5 bottle of wine thinking she's sophisticated....lol.

To answer the OP, yes its a new thing. At least for low class chicks.
shiit man, Its nothing new.

Youve only started noticing this stuff doesnt mean its not been happening for years and years.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience they get into wine in their late 20's early 30's.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:

Yep. And they believe their shıt stops stinkin the more expensive the wine is.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wine is great....i always get the cheapest one that tastes decent, though hahaha.....i could care less about brands and crap like that

The good thing about women liking wine is it is a great way to have drinks with a woman who isn't really into partying in general but likes to settle down with a glass of wine occasionally...for the partiers i drink beer or mixed drinks with them...but really wine is good...i love walking on the beach with a bottle of cheap red wine...