What's the point in waiting before getting married?

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
POOK: Married is not success, most people get divorced.

So we hook up with different chicks, test them, blah blah blah. Usually we together for about 6 months and then get married, if that's the cause.

NATURE: Love chemistry lasts 6 months, after adrenaline kicks in for raising the baby, 4 years after love dies, chemically.

Love is a process, much like smoking weed, you take a puff, chemicals flood your brain, and you experience your trip. We know how long this trip lasts, thus what's the point in waiting and testing a chick?

TheJazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a good thread on here that compared the perfect marriage to being in a sinking ship with your partner, tied together with a rope. You've got to work as a team. You've got to have camaraderie. Sure, for the first six months your brain will be flooded with all the tingly, butterfly giving love hormones we all know and love, but what happens after? Can you stick together? Will you work well as a team? Do you get along?

A good marriage works because the husband and a wife are a team. They may fight and be bitter towards each other at times, but at the end of the day, they got each others backs no matter what. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, you know how that goes. That's why you wait before getting married. To make sure you can put up with each other for a long time, targeting your entire lives. You usually get to know if you're ready in a couple of years' time and then you tie the knot. I hope I answered your question.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Q: What's the point in waiting before getting married?

A: Cooling off period after the honeymoon phase of the relationship. People act normally instead of being on their best behaviour. You see them for what they are and they see you. If you're a good match you'll be together despite your flaws and baggage. If you're not compatible you break it off without having to go through divorce, theft of assets (in divorce) and lawyer fees.

For god's sake, you're 30 years old. You should be telling ME this.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheJazz said:
There was a good thread on here that compared the perfect marriage to being in a sinking ship with your partner, tied together with a rope. You've got to work as a team. You've got to have camaraderie. Sure, for the first six months your brain will be flooded with all the tingly, butterfly giving love hormones we all know and love, but what happens after? Can you stick together? Will you work well as a team? Do you get along?

A good marriage works because the husband and a wife are a team. They may fight and be bitter towards each other at times, but at the end of the day, they got each others backs no matter what. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, you know how that goes. That's why you wait before getting married. To make sure you can put up with each other for a long time, targeting your entire lives. You usually get to know if you're ready in a couple of years' time and then you tie the knot. I hope I answered your question.
*hugs Jazz* I needed to read that...I'm losing faith in humanity...and my sanity.

thank you

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheJazz said:

this is my opinion on marriage as well. slightly cynical but seems to be the truth.