What's the ideal age to get married?

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score

Certainly no younger.
Only older if your struggling to find the right girl.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:D Never

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
If you're single and unhappy, it's easy to say, "Oh, about 10 years from now or so is when I'll get married."

What about men that are with excellent women now? Beautiful, wonderful women that love those men and want marriage and children from them?

I know what it's like to be one of these men. When you're one of these men, you still look at other women, but when you compare them to your girl they are nothing.

You can only hold on to your self-interests for so long, my friends. When love hits you like a truck and you suddenly decide to make sacrifices, you'll forget all about saying, "Not until 35!," or "Never!"

Those that say they need to settle down or get a better job first simply haven't met the right woman yet.

Now having a kid, on the other hand...I'm definitely waiting until I'm financially secure and having some type of child-bearing feeling (which will influence my wife way before it hits me).

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are all forgetting one thing here. You need to find a woman first before you decide when you're getting married.

Now stop discussing it on here and go get a woman!

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Boobie man, let me ask you something to prove you are not cynical and close-minded.

Think about the time you were with the girl that loved you. The girl you are/were most fond of. She was willing to sacrifice her life and career to insure her future and child would be with you. She had no intention of divorcing you and is ignorant to the "worse-case scenarios" of divorce. She just wanted to be with you. After dating many different women in the course of your life, you knew she was the best.

I ask of you: Tell me how you would deny her.

If you've never been with such a girl, then forget what I asked because you wouldn't understand.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
this doesnt even deserve an answer, let alone me "proving" anything to you, but fvck it.
cynical and close minded because i think there are other ways to love someone than signing a piece of paper?
and close minded? come on dude who does this really apply to, you or me? have a think about it.

She was willing to sacrifice her life and career to insure her future and child would be with you.
this is about marriage isnt it?
She just wanted to be with you. After dating many different women in the course of your life, you knew she was the best.
I ask of you: Tell me how you would deny her.
deny her what? i wouldnt "deny" her anything if she was the one.( btw there is no "the one")
can we not live a happy life without getting married?, would she leave me if i didnt put a ring on her finger? but if she left me she wouldnt be the "best" as you call it now would she.
so nothing should change, should it?

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )

deny her what? i wouldnt "deny" her anything if she was the one.( btw there is no "the one")

Exactly. There is no such thing as "THE ONE" or "SOUL MATE" lol. Society and the media has fed you this great lie that you are going to find a girl and live happily ever after. If you believe this then you need to turn the television off, and take your head out of the sand, and wake up the reality.

1. Find a girl you're compatible with.

2. Have consensual sex

3. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I got married for the first time at age 44. I've been married now 6 years.

My advice -- don't get married too young like I did. You'll regret it.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, i'll wait until i'm 39 to get married then.. :rolleyes:

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm 39 now, so I have no friggin idea when I'm getting married. If you want children, I would recommmed getting married by 29 or 30. Available quality women are very hard to find in my age group, unless you go much younger and many of them won't date guys my age.

I look young but some of these women that are 39 or 40 look like they could be 50 or older, pretty scary. Have fun whatever you do.

One other thing, I think I'm being stalked! Help

Last edited:

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no ideal age for marriage....when the time is ripe..go for it.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Helter Skelter
Well I'm 39 ... Available quality women are very hard to find in my age group, unless you go much younger and many of them won't date guys my age.

I look young but some these women that are 39 or 40 look like they could be 50 or older, pretty scary.
Yeah, just because we're older (I'm 50) doesn't mean 18 year olds look any less attractive (physcially -- though it would be hard to relate intellectually.)

You should still be able to reach back 10 years at least. My wife is 10 years younger than I am.

I wouldn't mess too much with women who've made it to our age range who've never been married. There typically is a reason they haven't been plucked. Back when I was dating at your age, dating women of your age, those spinsters all had personality issues. My wife, who is 10 years younger, was already on the edge of inacceptability, since she hadn't been married either.

I did make a mistake in getting married. But now the women in my age group have grown kids and are likely to be divorcees. So that's too the good. They don't have to take care of the kids anymore and the fact that they've been married means they don't have the same bitterness of their spinster sisters. However, they may have some bitterness toward their ex-husbands. But typically they will remember the good years too, so they aren't total man haters.

Reaction score
Well I'm 39 now, so I have no friggin idea when I'm getting married. If you want children, I would recommmed getting married by 29 or 30. Available quality women are very hard to find in my age group, unless you go much younger and many of them won't date guys my age.

I look young but some these women that are 39 or 40 look like they could be 50 or older, pretty scary.

I didnt know you were in my age bracket. I thought you were a kid by your stubborness. I guess you got my list of people...cool. Now I understand alot about you.

Younger women are boring...I don't have a problem getting them...it's getting rid of them sometimes thats a bear...

For women in our age bracket try older night clubs that have bands. This is where women with good jobs go to. Since they come from the generation that listened to bands over DJ's anyways.

You sound lonley H. too bad...you should get out there and get someone. Well, It's 9:45 in Cali, gotta go...flying solo tonight, but I'm hooking up with my nice german girl later on...

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say 35. But make sure you have a decent, secure, good paying career. Not a job, but a CAREER, theres a big difference. Make sure both of you are emotionally mature, financially secure & ready for a LIFETIME commitment to one another. Marriage is "UNTIL DEATH, DO YOU PART." Make sure you have a house or at least a condo before you have kids. Its nearly impossible to save for a 20% down payment once you have kids & then you end up renting an apartment until you die. The average house in so calif is $370,000. How many couples getting married have $74k saved up? If you dont have it now, will you have it in 5 years from now when you have a newborn to feed? Also, imagine the price of that house in 5 years from now....maybe it will cost $500k?

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
karmavsDogma said...
I get married (if at all)? I'm 25 now, and I like the idea of being married someday. I noticed that in this movie, the characters were all in their mid-30's and never-before-married. Now, this is very atypical of modern American culture (and yeah, this one's a little USA-centric, since that's where I live). Hell, by the time a guy's my age, he's usually been married at least once, and has a kid or two besides. Most of my friends my age are already married, or engaged, or divorced. Should I ever decide to get married, I'd rather be in my 30's. Many benefits to it, I feel. I'd be well established in my career, most likely be a home owner, etc. And I know it would be a challenge to find a woman who has taken care of herself into her 30's (i.e. no kids, no jealous former husband axe-murderers, retained physical beauty, emotional and mental stability, etc.), but if I were going to back down from challenges, I wouldn't be reading this site. It seems that most of the women I meet in my age range, however, have been married (or even still are), have kids, have all this baggage that, frankly, I'd rather not deal with. And I know that it will get worse as I get older.

karmavsDogma
-You feel miserable that you have not found the girl of your dreams and you are not currently married, so you are trying to convince yourself why it is okay not to be married at 25, but a later age.

-You really don't care what age is the "appropriate" age to get married. The purpose of your original post is to have others post an age in your desired range to confirm your insecurity of not being married right now.

-The point that you would even post a topic like this further enhances your insecurities. There is no "ideal age to get married." Some may find Mrs.Right at 21, some at 25, some at 35, and some never.

Let us say you are 30 and you are financially secure, have a house, car, etc. Let us say that 30 years old is the "ideal age of marriage." This doesn't mean that you can or will get married at 30 because you have not found the right girl. When you hit 30, you are not going to run outside meet some girl and get married to her just because 30 is considered the "ideal age." Yes, the thought of doing something this crazy does sound strange, but many people do it because of social pressure, etc.

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage? I suppose I would mind getting married and having a couple of kids but not for a least a couple of years. I will do it when I'm happy about it and can afford it.