Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats the best online stock purchase website?

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there Spes,

I too recently started looking around on how to invest. I want to start with a little money and just test the market. I am 20 years old and have time to recover.

the on that has caught my eye is.

www.sharebuilder.com

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Zaraza said:
Hey there Spes,

I too recently started looking around on how to invest. I want to start with a little money and just test the market. I am 20 years old and have time to recover.

the on that has caught my eye is.

www.sharebuilder.com

Sharebuilder is good in that you don't need have to have an account minimum and they don't charge fees if you don't have a minimum. They're good if your justwanting to invest a fixed amount on a periodic basis, and they only charge $4 for that. But if you want to do more active trading they charge $9.95 so it's not that cheap.

which broker is best I guess depends on what you want to do. I don't think it's a good time to invest in stocks. You won't be making money anytime soon.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
What's the best place for ETFs?
I think they work the same way as buying stocks so which ever's best for stocks should be best for ETFs as well. We just need some people to list the fees and their experience with online brokers.

That reminds me, Sharebuilder doesn't broker for very many mutual funds if any but their select few. Also they charge 4.95 to instantly transfer money out of your personal bank account to buy a real-time trade, so it's $9.95+$4.95=$14.95 for a trade, not $4. You can transfer money free into or out of your account but it takes till the next day.

Last edited:

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't used Vanguard yet, but talked to some endowment investors that like it.

Check out Computer Share they have some Direct Purchase plans as well as regular trading.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMoonMonst3r said:
Stocks are too risky. Look into Vanguard...low expense-ratio mutual funds.
LOL @ this dipsh#t.

He did not ask for your expert stock advice, he asked about brokers. I am a professional trader (futures), but I do use scottrade for long term investments. You can purchase mutual funds there if you want (like vanguard).

Oh, and listen, risk is all relative. Mutual funds suitability is relative to each person. If you enjoy underperforming the indexes year after year, choose mutual funds, LOL.