Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's Lil Wayne on? syrup?

point-of-life

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard from a lot of different sources that Lil Wayne is constantly "sippin syrup" ... and I'm not endorsing drug use, but damn, look at what he's done. He just sold 1 million CDs in a week, first time that's happened in 3 years.

I'm listening to his CD now, there's at least 5 hot songs on there. Anyway, I'm wondering, what is this "syrup" that he's on? I know it can't be maple syrup or cough syrup lol because you can't get high off those. But surely some of you have heard of it, and could explain what it is.

I know it might sound stupid but damn, look at his accomplishments, I might want to just try some.....

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Promethazine with Codeine Cough Syrup, manufactured by Alpharma Inc. Each 5 mL tablespoon contains 6.25 mg promethazine hydrochloride and 10 mg codeine phosphate. Codeine is an opiate, a natural substance found in the opium poppy. However, it is rare and thus most medicinal codeine is created via the methylation of codeine (the addition of CH2). In Houston, Texas, it s a very popular beverage; the syrup is traditionally mixed in with soda and jolly ranchers.

Urban Dictionary....amazing...

rjones

Don Juan
Reaction score
lil wayne is on a bunch of drugs. and dont waste your time with syrup or "lean" its really bad for you.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude I hate that lollipop song

bad enough you got singers using vocoders, now you got rappers doing it too

lil wayne sucks

point-of-life

Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
dude I hate that lollipop song

bad enough you got singers using vocoders, now you got rappers doing it too

lil wayne sucks
you obviously haven't listened to the rest of the CD. Get on youtube and search for "mr carter" and "tie my hands"

But overall his style of rap is an acquired taste, either you hate it or love it, no in between. I wouldn't say he's the "best rapper alive" as he calls himself...but I more like the fact that he's ambitious and stuff like that. As a person who's accomplished a lot, he's cool. He's got a sick rap style though.

yeah, anyway, I figured out how to make "lean" / "syrup" and I tried some today. Feels kind of like I'm floating, really relaxed but not at first...at first when it hits you you feel kinda energized but then it just sucks you a bit. Feels good overall. i give it 8/10 for a good legal high.

If anyone else wants to make some check out this video, Lil W shows how to make it himself: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhUm6DacjfHw0

point-of-life

Don Juan
Reaction score
by the way, mexican_player2, lil Wayne doesn't do much of that "dirty south crunk" type of music. Listen to his new CD it's not what you think

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
point-of-life said:
you obviously haven't listened to the rest of the CD. Get on youtube and search for "mr carter" and "tie my hands"

But overall his style of rap is an acquired taste, either you hate it or love it, no in between. I wouldn't say he's the "best rapper alive" as he calls himself...but I more like the fact that he's ambitious and stuff like that. As a person who's accomplished a lot, he's cool. He's got a sick rap style though.
it's funny, I went to vegas over the weekend and we had a long conversation in the car about the Carter 3, with a friend saying it defied expectations

I'll give it a listen

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123, Carter 3 is a tight album, not quite what Carter 2 is, but still pretty good. I wouldn't say it defied expectations though, it would have had to be pretty much perfect to do that. Don't judge Carter 3 by the singles, I didn't really like the singles either other than "A Milli". In the Carter 3 thread I ripped on him for using the vocoder thing, I hate it as well. Luckily he stays away from it in the rest of the album.

Anyway he's on cough syrup, pills, coke, weed, etc. If you listen to his music over the years you can tell it's all messed with his brain. Being high changes your way of thinking and tends to make you more creative so I guess it could help him out. Just look at Drought 3 (his mixtape from last year), you can tell he's high as $hit in most of the songs/freestyles but that was a great mixtape.

point-of-life said:

I completely agree, well said.