Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's it like to be in a fight?

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, saw a post about the drunk guy getting in your face and was thinking about it...I've never been in a fight. Not since I was a little kid anyway. I don't know why. I've never avoided it really, just never had anything to fight about. I've boxed with my friends and wrestled with them and stuff, but never just "I want to kick your ass you f*cking c*ocksucker" kind of fight.

Can anyone describe the feeling of the prefight intensity, or his first punch or your first contact. Preferably no made up stories either, as I know forums are subject to exaggerators. Just an honest explanation. Thanks.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw what forum I was in. Mods, please move to anything else.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get so loaded up with adrenaline during one I don't feel anything.

Neither the guy hitting me or me hitting him.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to fight, and you get hit with a punch or throw a punch, the rest will take care of itself. You really don't feel a thing.

V-Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually, you can tell if a fight is coming. Here is my advice: Some people are really stupid and look for fights for whatever reason... I know some guys that liked fighting, just for the sake of bragging. These men exist in all different age groups. If you encounter a person, you can stop a coming fight by simply not backing down and diffusing the situation. As soon as they spot weakness, they will try you. Usually, I confront them in a manly mannor and go about my business. Do it as early on and move on. Don't let things build. Sometimes... that doesn't work, though. In which case, if know a fight is coming. I keep sharp and be ready. Don't wait and don't fight fair. In my opinion, fighting is completely stupid. But, there are some people out there that will try you. So, don't think about the pain. Think about causing as much pain as quick and effective as possible. There is no such thing as a fair fight. I have seen people die from simple "fights." If you are afraid of being hit, you will lose. Keep as calm as possible. Remember, you are protecting yourself. Be vicious.

If you haven't been in a fight for a long time. You will make a lot of mistakes. Usually, you will be over taken by your addrenaline. If this is the case, stay as calm as possible and focus. The calmest guy usually wins. If you are crazy and psycho style, you will probably let your gaurd down.

selfmademob

Banned
Reaction score
Just go up to a guy that is 100 lbs bigger than you and kick him in the balls and then go from there.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If at all possible, try to be objective enough to gain proper perspective on any confrontation.

Fighting for PRIDE is absolutey the worst reason to fight.

Fighting to Protect your EGO is the WORST thing you can do.

Learn to 'pick your battles."

Be mature.
Be smart.
Be SHREWD.

Peope cannot emotionally hurt you unless you let them.

IF your EGO needs 'defending' then you will have other non physical confrontation later down the road.

Learn DISCERNING.

Do as Bruce Lee advised "learn the discerning mind".

How does this relate specifically to combat?

THREAT ASSESSMENT.

Is this really a threat?
If so, how bad is it?
And if so, WHAT is it threatening?

Peoper THREAT ASSESSMENT only comes from proper perspective, and a desire for mature decision making choices.

Is this guy who insulted you really a Life or Death DANGER to YOU?

Is he REALLY?

Or are you just pissed because he insulted your ego?

OR...
is he some guy with a knife who is moving menacingly toward you, and you have no escape other than through him? (often times, ambushes block exits for their victimes, either blocking the exit, or by blocking it -escape- with multiple opponents)

Which of these scenarios is the REAL Danger to you?

At the first sign of confrontation you should have made an assessment of the nature of the threat.
And have an escape route in mind.
And have tactics to implement your strategy if he is armed or unarmed, and if there is more than one opponent.

And then move decisively.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I hope it ain't for the love of a chick. Then you all lose.

I am not a fighting guy and I can sense when something is about to go down. If you have a chain and someone starts with you, take it off and swing! I got into a fight with a girl's bf (after discovering she cheated on me) and I was only trying to leave the room. When the bf threw a book at me, I had no choice, swat that sh*t away and wail on his dumb @$$. He ended up with a broken heart and a broken nose, among other things. :p When the girl asked to get back with me, I said that if I had to fight a punk to win your heart, my love doesn't belong to you. Nice knowing you.

Overall, just fight to defend yourself. Fighting doesn't solve anything.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
I am 30 and have not swung my fist at somebody since I was a sophomore in high school.

In this last fight I either got slapped or punched in the face (can't remember)
but it did not hurt from the adrenaline.

You shouldn't have too many problems with fights.

If YOU:

1.) Stay away from places you do not belong (e.g. where you are the wrong color or a biker or military bar)

2.) You treat others the way you would like to be treated.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hangout with guys that just beat ppl up for the sake of it, I dont endrose this but Im not against it, if I dotn lie ka guy I wont be nice to him, if he thinks hes cooler and wants to beat me up for it then well fight, however, because of this way of thinking I havent been in a fight since grade 2

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember anything goes in an actual fight. Assume the other guy has a weapon, etc. Generally you want to avoid a fight, but I won't back down if the other guy is in the wrong.

I like to eye-gouge because the other person never expects it. Hit the usually vulnerable spots like the throat and nose. It usually ends the fight quickly when they realize they have a lot more to lose than they thought.

Like others said your andrenaline will be pumping so quickly you won't feel anything until the next day. You'll know your getting hit, but not how well contact is being made.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been jumped a lot more times than I've been in a fight. When you're being jumped, you start thinking about all the things you've regretted doing and not doing, and then eventually start thinking about family. Yep, I actually thought I was going to die. Usually after the fight your body suffers paralysis affects as in it doesn't react in the way you want it. You feel much heavier as if you were jogging or playing your favorite sport for a couple hours.

A fight is completely different. The adrenaline will be running through your body so fast you will hardly notice pain at all. You only have one goal in mind; to see your opponent get knocked the fvck out. I must admit this feeling is quite addictive, though the last time I've ever been in a fight was freshman year.

Bonafide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never get into fights, never really have either maybe when I was younger I got into one, but now... its if ANYBODY PERIOD, wants to fight me... they better kill me, otherwise im going to kill them... and im so serious. I don't know whats wrong with me but, if anybody dares to fight me im gonna kill em.. cuz im def not gonna start a fight with anybody for any reason, I just dont see anything worth fighting physically for... not even a female.

Damocles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonafide said:
I never get into fights, never really have either maybe when I was younger I got into one, but now... its if ANYBODY PERIOD, wants to fight me... they better kill me, otherwise im going to kill them... and im so serious. I don't know whats wrong with me but, if anybody dares to fight me im gonna kill em.. cuz im def not gonna start a fight with anybody for any reason, I just dont see anything worth fighting physically for... not even a female.
LOL, don't take this the wrong way, but violent criminals, especially murderers, tend to be older males, like middle aged guys. I'm not saying you're going to kill someone, I'm just saying that as guys age, they tend to be more likely to murder people, instead of just beating them up a little.

Nothin' wrong with you, it's just one of those quirks humans have.

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, after a tournament, my team and I met another team (who we'd lost to in sudden death) in the parking lot, and we started talkin **** to eachother...

Then me, being a dumbass, pushed their captain and we started to fight. Everyone kind of circled around us cause I guess no one really expected to fight. Here's what I felt:
1. At first, I thought he'd puss out
2. Then, I thought I'd puss out
3. He hit me in the stomach, then my adrenaline hit and from there was a blur

In the end, they ended up pulling me off of him cause I knocked out his fake tooth and he was kind of gagging on it.

So for my ONLY real fight, I can vouch for what everyone else has said and tell you that you'll get this HUGE adrenaline rush, then, everything kind of numbs up. After that, you could get tunnel vision, where you're totally focused on the guy.

Holla

Quick question: Why do you want to know?

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If either of the two in a fight have any skill, it is very FAST, happens without warning if you cannot see the body language cues, is violent, your heart starts racing, adrenaline pumping, and can be pretty scary. Like someone said, if you do some backyard boxing with the buddies, esp. buddies that have some amateur or cage experience, it can help because you will get used to the feeling. Taking a shot to the face unexpectedly is extremely surprising and frightening to most people.

If its more than one on one, it is utter chaos and pandemonium with fists, tables, chairs, and people flying everywhere. It is loud, intense, and scary.

Alot of fight situations I saw/was involved in during college were the buildup to the fight, pushing and shoving, yelling, and then anticlimatic. If it does go to a fight though, it isn't like the movies where they throw a couple punches and back off. People get stomped unconscious, beat with weapons, bottles, put in the hospital. Avoid streetfighting at all possible cost, even if you win you can still lose: jail, lawsuit, gun, retaliation. Not worth it unless your life or friends/loved ones are in danger.