Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What wealthy people don't tell you.

I love Hyori Lee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the secret to wealth?

How do you make substantial and superflous amounts of money?

How do you have so much power?

How do you have the world in your fingertips?

The American universal dream holds wealth and riches in high esteem.
Wealth is the univeral indicator of success.

But how do you achieve this wealth?

What the wealthy don't tell you will surprise you. What the wealthy don't tell you will make you reconsider your greed of wealth.

To achieve wealth, you must sacrifice a part of yourself. You must sacrifice your time. You must sacrifice your family. You must sacrifice your children.

Wealth never comes without a price. How is it that the wealthiest people in the world are the most unhappiest. They appear to be happy, but are they really? We live in a shallow world.

I've worked with wealthy people. I have wealthy friends. Are they happy?

NO!

While the wealthy go to obtain thier wealth, they sacrifice something. Ever notice that the most wealthiest families have the most child neglect? In order to achieve wealth, you must give up something dear to you. How is it that families of wealth have divorce, broken families and strife.

What is the point of having the world when you have no one to share it with?

There's a popular story.

There once was a rich king. He held the wealth and riches. He had whatever he wanted. But he had trouble sleeping. He couldn't sleep. His mind was riddled with worry and greed and unneeded ambition. He stared at his watchtower and saw a beggar. The beggar was sound asleep. He was happy. The king looked upon him and thought to himself, "How can THIS man with no money and no riches....sleep BETTER than me? How can he sleep while I stand here unable to sleep?"

I know a family of three. They have an enormous mansion that could shelter an army.

I look at this family and I wonder. Why do they do this? Is this family really happy? The family is a father, a mother, and a child who is 14 years old.

I am the child's tutor.

Everyday, the father leaves on business.
Everyday, the mother lives on business.

Everyday, the child is alone.

Is this really a happy family?

Everyday I tutor this child, I realize a disturbing fact. They are not a happy family. I have essentially become this child's mother and father. I have become his parents. His parents have NEVER been there when he wanted him.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving up the wealth to have more time with his parents. What he values more is to have more time with his father and mother.

I'm not saying that money is bad. I'm not saying that money isn't helpful.

I'm just saying to be sensible.

Think about it. Really think about it. Do you think Donald Trumph is a happy man? Behind the facade, behind the masks of deceit, behind the man you see on television...is a man who is not happy. He holds enormous power and enormous wealth, but he isn't happy. He knows in his heart that his wife doesn't love him for him. He knows that his wife only chooses him because of his wealth. He knows that his friends are only with him because of his wealth. He knows that he is a fake person and the others around him are fake. He is not a happy person.

My father used to tell me something.

I'd rather be the happiest man with nothing in my pockets than the richest person in the world who can't sleep.

Money is a beautiful succubus. She lures you. She gives you what you want. Then, she takes your soul.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullshaaaa!
This is so played out friend... seriously, redundant and repetitive

Don't talk about money being evil... the reason behind it, is as you said, greed

greed for money, outweighing your other responsibilities.

Of course you can spend hours a day raising your child, you could live subsistence, you could plan ahead, and you could work your ass off at the right times....

What drives you NOT to do those things, greed. Selfish gredd, responsibility to your greed, and responsibility to what your greed has created.

Wealthy people tell us all the time that they are unhappy, well only those that are bitter enough to do so. THey complain, and they b!tch, and they moan and they cry. They never want us to see the pain, but we sure can hear it.

What's making you feel inspired?

I personally know inspirational people, who are RICH, filthy fvcking rich. They can blow 10 grand a week on random people. It buys them false respect, so they choose to be generous, which doesn't buy them much either. What they does with a lot of his money, is makes donations, with their time, and their bounty. They give to the poor, what they are not greedy for.

What the rich don't tell you, is how greedy they really are. Well, some are greedy, and happy, they have everything they want, they have their family, their time, their friends, and their family... but only because they are creative, and they share their knowledge...

oops

more greed for the unhappy

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a bunch of crap that broke people use to justify being broke. I've been broke before and it sucks, I can't think of a worse feeling than wondering how you're going to pay your bills or what you're going to eat. I'm not well off or anything like that but I'm working towards that goal, not only to live comfortable, but to avoid that awful feeling of brokeness.

Ask any of your rich friends if they would trade places with any of the rest of us that earn an average income and see what they say.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a lame rationalization as to why you're not going after what you want in life.

Money isn't everything... but it ranks up there right after oxygen ;)

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOl, I love it when people say something like this.

Does richness make you happy ? Of course not.

So when people at the end of the spectrum say this... Does thast mean they are happy ? Of course not, they actually prove that when they this.

I'm defending no 'side' in this, but happiness comnes from within no matter your situation.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wont pretend i dont wany money. But i have noticed that i see more smiles on the faces of bus drivers then i do on the faces of company directors.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why don't you post this same crap about 10 more times in every forum on here.. hell, go for the fitness forum too..

maybe it will make your miserablee a$$ feel better about yourself.

dragonsexpress

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damnit, I agree with 90% of what I love Hyori Lee said. From my experience, I observe similiar situations of unhappiness and discontent the wealthy experience as well.(However, I hear some live comfortable lives, are at peace with themselves, and make a lot of money, I've never seen it though. (by the way, I'm from a wealthy family and I see how my uncle is burnt out already after working so hard at his business)

So to proceed with my theory, I worked as an assistant to a real estate investor(name will not be announced) and I experienced first hand the hell and the pressure of what the job entailed. I felt real ****y at first working with him, but then over time, I realized that he wasn't going to be giving me paychecks of 500,000 a week to invest in the stock or real estate market. I bet if I actually stayed with him, I would become self-centered and miserable at heart like him.

Now as I Love Hyrori said, the wealthy usually do have to sacrifice(not my choice of words) their loved ones time and their own to become successful.

And I agree with that observation, and in it sucks. But in order to live in a house, eat good or decent food, you have to have a substancial income. Without it, you'll have to live on the street or as a freeloader at some guy's house.

Another point I agree with is status does not make the person fullfilled inside. I do not believe that cars, status, and fame make someone "Happy". The person is the one responsible for their own future and their own "happiness"

So in conclusion, yes it is very honorable and respectable to be a hardworker and make a buttload of money, but it is very shallow to believe your status is based upon the vehicle you drive.(The status comes within..)

As someone said above, doing things in moderation, or having a balance to your life is the key to your best life now.

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
It all comes down to this, in the wise words of David Lee Roth

"Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you a yacht to tie next to it!"

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something is wrong with that story you told us. You said the king couldn't sleep because his mind was preoccupied with greedy thoughts and the hobo was blissfully asleep. It is extremely unlikely that the hobo was sleeping happily; it's very difficult to sleep on an empty stomach. Maybe he got lucky and got enough scraps for half a meal (or managed to grab a meal at a soup kitchen/equivalent, if they had those back then). Besides, he'd have a hard time sleeping with all those ticks on him. I'm sure he was happy as hell.

I completely disagree with what you (I love Hayori Lee) said. And I have a reason to be. Imagine if this family of three lived in a slum. Because the parents make minimum wage, instead of working all the time to buy cars/land/clothes/electronics, they would have to work just to make ends meet. The kid rarely sees his parents and everyday the child is alone. Is this poor child happier just because he's poor? I don't think so. Especially since this child doesn't have a tutor to confide in and will miss all the things his rich counterpart has. He will probably be denied a good education, have a brush with the law and end up as poor as his parents. I'm not trying to bash poor people, but this is the reality for most. Sorry, but you're argument holds together like a paper house in a tornado.

The reason why wealthy people don't tell us this [that being rich 'sucks'] is because it's not true. Simple.

As always, take everything in moderation.

EDIT: How is this a 'Don Juan Tip'? This belongs in 'Anything Else'.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oney is a beautiful succubus. She lures you. She gives you what you want. Then, she takes your soul.
This is what poor people sound like.

esoteric

Don Juan
Reaction score
An obvious third option is being neglected here.

If one desires minimal creature comforts, or exerts maximum will over his expenditures such that he only buys that which he really needs or that which will add value to his existence, then a person doesn't have to make an exorbitant amount of money and sacrifice an exorbitant amount of time earning a living.

I believe that objects and material possessions hold power and sway over human beings. I am not judging this fact of life. I am simply making the observation that each thing that we own will end up commanding some part of our attention, resources, focus, and time. I am not rolling out the tired cliche, "The things you own end up owning you."

I say, that's okay, as long as the thing was a well-considered, even-tempered, disciplined purchase that will bring you satisfaction and happiness.

Yes, I believe things can bring people happiness. But it's not the thing itself. It's what the thing allows you to do. I don't actually love my guitar (although I do admire it simply as a thing of beauty, so I guess, in a way, I do). I love what it allows me to do: to express myself musically. To sing. To have fun. To get lost in the moment. To create. To feel free.

I'm a teacher. I don't make gobs of money. But I do alright. But with a caveat: I do alright as long as I don't expect to buy and buy and buy in order to keep up appearances. One can live a pretty rich existence on the regular old middle class wage, as long as one doesn't expect to live up to the consumption that one sees through the telly, or with the rich folks up on the hill, or with half of the gluttonous dolts in the world who go into extreme debt so that the most lavish and shiny SUV is always sitting in the garage.

I liken my developing attitude toward wealth and spending to my attitude about basketball and baseball. Of all of the basketball players in the world, the ones I least want on my team are those who do not value their offensive possessions. Of all of the baseball players in the world, the ones I least want on my team are those who do not value their plate appearances. These players march up the court, step to the three point line, and without even looking at a teammate, throw up three after three. Some go in. A majority do not. These players arrive at the plate, and without considering count, situation, the pitcher, or any other apect of the game, they swing with all their might. They swing at everything. They do not recognize the value of their time with the ball or at the plate.

Most people do not recognize the value of their purchases. They do not recognize the value of the time they had to work to buy what they are buying. They do not think long and hard about the purchase they are making so that they only bring into their homes the objects that they really want to surrond themselves with.

A friend of mine moved into his first apartment after college. He had a limited amount of money to spend on furniture. The time came to buy kitchen/dining room furniture. He had a limited amount of funds, as we all do. If he waited a bit longer to buy the furniture, and saved a bit more, he could have bought something of higher quality, beauty, and craftsmanship. But he decided to buy right away. A year after his purchase, his kitchen table chairs were falling apart. And they were ugly when he initially bought them anyway. He did not value his purchase. He did not consider the importance of which objects he chose to surround himself with. He knew they were ugly. He knew they were cheaply made.

Most of us have to work a lot more because of our obsession with keeping up with appearances. Because of our undisciplined purchases. Because we do not value our time. Because we do not value our money.

Of course, it's silly to argue that the poor are happier than the rich. This does not pan out in reality.

That being said, it's also silly to argue to argue that people should value their purchases and spend a lot less than what they earn. Trying to convince the average American to practice voluntary simplicity or to live below their means is like talking to the wind. Telling them to choose poverty over wealth is like yelling into the chasm.

Almost all Americans who are not wealthy are aspirational to be wealthy. They are always going to relate more to the fat cat on the hill with the Benz and the extravigant yacht than to the self-renouncing monk or the poor guy on the park bench. When pushed, the person will say, "Money doesn't buy me happiness, but it will buy me security and lots of things that I want."

True.

But in the end, those who do not value their money, those who buy everything in sight, those who work loads of extra hours to buy stuff that is ultimately not used or appreciated, will find themselves surrounded by meaningless stuff in an existence whose focus was too much on the material and not enough on the relational/spiritual/experiential.

Stop buying so much crap. Save more. Go outside. Know people. Love life.

And for God's sake, blow up your fu<king SUV (unless it was a considered and even-tempered purchase :up:)

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this whole BS thread really cracks me up because very few of you seem to realize that people who are truly rich got that way because they did not care about money in the first place.

they cared about achievement, pursuing their own destiny, independence, creativity, not abiding by the rules, never having to blame anyone else for their trouble.

There is a reason why so many rich people who for some reason go broke are able to bounce right back up again. Because they know the real secret of wealth. They know that its all up to them, they know that they are in control of their own destiny, so they get off their chairs and go work, and put their drive, passion, work ethic, creativity into action.

I used to work pretty close to two billionaires and one 1/4 billionaire. I didn't know them that well and didn't talk to them except for occasional greeting, but i noticed enough about them to see that what i said above was true. Money was just a fruit of their labor, maybe a scorecard of how well they served the market. But they all got their satisfaction somewhere else, and it was not from being able to buy the largest yacht or whatever. That was simply distraction.

esoteric

Don Juan
Reaction score
Egoist said:
this whole BS thread really cracks me up because very few of you seem to realize that people who are truly rich got that way because they did not care about money in the first place.

they cared about achievement, pursuing their own destiny, independence, creativity, not abiding by the rules, never having to blame anyone else for their trouble.

There is a reason why so many rich people who for some reason go broke are able to bounce right back up again. Because they know the real secret of wealth. They know that its all up to them, they know that they are in control of their own destiny, so they get off their chairs and go work, and put their drive, passion, work ethic, creativity into action.

I used to work pretty close to two billionaires and one 1/4 billionaire. I didn't know them that well and didn't talk to them except for occasional greeting, but i noticed enough about them to see that what i said above was true. Money was just a fruit of their labor, maybe a scorecard of how well they served the market. But they all got their satisfaction somewhere else, and it was not from being able to buy the largest yacht or whatever. That was simply distraction.
I believe this to be true.

As in fitness, it is best not to focus on the final result, but to focus on the day to day efforts; the process.

To be successfully process-oriented, I believe one must be fully in the moment. When a person is unhappy doing what he is doing, he uses some point in the distant future to get him through his present discomfort. "These squats suck, but someday, I'll have legs of steel." Or, "I hate this job, but someday I'll retire wealthy and won't have to do this stupid job anymore."

This is a bad way to go through life, and in my opinion, will not lead to ultimate success. Such a person will ultimately fold during moments of truth/difficulty in his chosen endeavor. This is what you seem to be saying, egoist.

Instead, find something that you are passionate about, dedicate your life to it, and success will follow. Focus on the process, the moment, the details. And do that because you love it.

Some men decide to take that approach with their children/families. Of course, that probably precludes these men from ever achieving unbelievable career success.

Or, you have someone like me, a school teacher. No matter how passionate I am about my job, riches will not be forthcoming.

So this equation only works in certain career fields or in entrepeneurial ventures.

Point well taken, however.

I love Hyori Lee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Egoist said:
everyone who agrees with the OP should read this:

http://www.atlasshrugged.tv/speech.htm
Egoist, do you know Ayn Rand?

Have you read her books?

Have you read the Fountainhead?

Have you read the Virtue of Selfishness?

She makes some good arguments, but all in all, she is a woman who is shallow. In all essence, she is a brilliant businesswoman, because she has overcome emotions and kindness. However, she is the most callous, heartless and foolish woman I've ever known. She is a woman who lives alone in the world. Her beliefs and presumptions are Machiavellian.

He who wishes to be obeyed must know how to command.

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver.

Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared.

The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous.

When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred.

Before all else, be armed.

Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.

Seriously, go to the library and read Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand. She dedicated a book justifying the sefishness of man and why it is beneficial to be selfish. Any person who believes with conviction in those principles is a sad person. A person with no integrity. You would be foolish to abide by her words. A woman like that has an empty and superficial life. She is correct in the acknowledgement of power and money. Rarely will GREAT POWER be associated with KINDNESS. Rarely, will the KIND succeed in the paths of business. In order to achieve POWER, you must absolve kindness. But her views on life entail a superficial, empty and meaningless life. She talks about the importance of success and power but she also acknowledges the fact that people of great power live alone. She discourages kindness, interpersonal relationships, altruism, morality, religion, friendliness, honor, faithfulness, etc. because they are weaknesses and obstacles. What a shallow life.

As for all of you, many of you have misunderstood the words that I have written. Where in the thread have I mentioned that poverty is superior to riches? Where have I mentioned that money does not aid in happiness? Money is important. Money is essential. It is the GREED of wealth that has crushed the souls of people and has shattered nations. I have NEVER stated that money is the root of all evil. I merely stated that the greed of wealth involves a sacrifice. I have never stated that money is evil. Money by itself, does not instill unhappiness. If you read the very first lines of my post:

How do you make substantial and superflous amounts of money?

I am illustrating a point that a person who obtains wealth and riches far beyond his needs and ENDEAVORS to obtain more wealth...has essentially become a slave to his riches.

I have NEVER stated that money is the root of all evil. It is the greed of wealth that denatures the soul of man.

Anyways, don't get me wrong about Ayn Rand. She is a brilliant and talented writer. Her ideas are brilliant and her views advanced for her time. Her books hold the keys to success and power, but her means to achieve this power are morally questionable. Here are some quotes from Ayn Rand.

If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject.

Evil requires the sanction of the victim.

Religion is a primitive form of philosophy, the attempt to offer a comprehensive view of reality.

In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.

Men have been taught that it is a virtue to agree with others. But the creator is the man who disagrees. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to swim with the current. But the creator is the man who goes against the current. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone.

Last edited:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So good people live in cardboard boxes, have crappy jobs, and no ambition?

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fock, my response was deleted again... what is up with that...

Ayn Rand WRITES exactly how Hyori Lee says. The sad thing is, most people take things to literally. Try to lighten up Hyori, the way you composed your two OP's was horrible. You ran from "here's a secret to wealth" to "don't be consumed by greed".

You threw in some raunchy NLP whether you know it or not, you could rewrite your 'tip' again and get better reviews and actually get your point across if you keep in mind how people have responded to your message...

I'm actually happy you wrote this. I would be glad if you rewrote it without the pauper/prince style of storytelling.