Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What wealthy people don't tell you.

I love Hyori Lee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the secret to wealth?

How do you make substantial and superflous amounts of money?

How do you have so much power?

How do you have the world in your fingertips?

The American universal dream holds wealth and riches in high esteem.
Wealth is the univeral indicator of success.

But how do you achieve this wealth?

What the wealthy don't tell you will surprise you. What the wealthy don't tell you will make you reconsider your greed of wealth.

To achieve wealth, you must sacrifice a part of yourself. You must sacrifice your time. You must sacrifice your family. You must sacrifice your children.

Wealth never comes without a price. How is it that the wealthiest people in the world are the most unhappiest. They appear to be happy, but are they really? We live in a shallow world.

I've worked with wealthy people. I have wealthy friends. Are they happy?

NO!

While the wealthy go to obtain thier wealth, they sacrifice something. Ever notice that the most wealthiest families have the most child neglect? In order to achieve wealth, you must give up something dear to you. How is it that families of wealth have divorce, broken families and strife.

What is the point of having the world when you have no one to share it with?

There's a popular story.

There once was a rich king. He held the wealth and riches. He had whatever he wanted. But he had trouble sleeping. He couldn't sleep. His mind was riddled with worry and greed and unneeded ambition. He stared at his watchtower and saw a beggar. The beggar was sound asleep. He was happy. The king looked upon him and thought to himself, "How can THIS man with no money and no riches....sleep BETTER than me? How can he sleep while I stand here unable to sleep?"

I know a family of three. They have an enormous mansion that could shelter an army.

I look at this family and I wonder. Why do they do this? Is this family really happy? The family is a father, a mother, and a child who is 14 years old.

I am the child's tutor.

Everyday, the father leaves on business.
Everyday, the mother lives on business.

Everyday, the child is alone.

Is this really a happy family?

Everyday I tutor this child, I realize a disturbing fact. They are not a happy family. I have essentially become this child's mother and father. I have become his parents. His parents have NEVER been there when he wanted him.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving up the wealth to have more time with his parents. What he values more is to have more time with his father and mother.

I'm not saying that money is bad. I'm not saying that money isn't helpful.

I'm just saying to be sensible.

Think about it. Really think about it. Do you think Donald Trumph is a happy man? Behind the facade, behind the masks of deceit, behind the man you see on television...is a man who is not happy. He holds enormous power and enormous wealth, but he isn't happy. He knows in his heart that his wife doesn't love him for him. He knows that his wife only chooses him because of his wealth. He knows that his friends are only with him because of his wealth. He knows that he is a fake person and the others around him are fake. He is not a happy person.

My father used to tell me something.

I'd rather be the happiest man with nothing in my pockets than the richest person in the world who can't sleep.

Money is a beautiful succubus. She lures you. She gives you what you want. Then, she takes your soul.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic likey. Comic want wingy.

Special suprise to whoever can answer where that came from.

comic_relief

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Hyori Lee said:
To achieve wealth, you must sacrifice a part of yourself. You must sacrifice your time. You must sacrifice your family. You must sacrifice your children.
To achieve ANYTHING worthwile you have to sacrifice. There's no such thing as a free lunch. But to say that you have to sacrifice your family and children is ridiculous.

Even if the family also has to make sacrifices, the end result (financial security) usually benefits everyone.

But it would be ok for a child's parents to attend night school to help benefit the family in the future, right? The fact that the parent is taking time away from their kids to get an education is justifiable? You can't say that the pursuit of wealth is any more damaging to a family than having to work two jobs and go to night school just to put food on the table.

While the wealthy go to obtain thier wealth, they sacrifice something. Ever notice that the most wealthiest families have the most child neglect? In order to achieve wealth, you must give up something dear to you. How is it that families of wealth have divorce, broken families and strife.
Now I KNOW you are talking out of your ass.

Wealthy people have a LOWER divorce rate than the general public. Look it up.

There once was a rich king. He held the wealth and riches. He had whatever he wanted. But he had trouble sleeping. He couldn't sleep. His mind was riddled with worry and greed and unneeded ambition. He stared at his watchtower and saw a beggar. The beggar was sound asleep. He was happy. The king looked upon him and thought to himself, "How can THIS man with no money and no riches....sleep BETTER than me? How can he sleep while I stand here unable to sleep?"
Yea, and we all know that living the life of a beggar is a walk in the park.

Trading one set of problems (dealing with wealth) for another (wondering where your next meal is going to come from) makes no sense whatsoever. Life is hard for everyone, but I would much rather get myself to the point where I no longer have to worry about basic survival, even if it means taking on a little stress along the way.

Think about it. Really think about it. Do you think Donald Trumph is a happy man?
I don't know if he's happy or not, and neither do you.

My father used to tell me something.

I'd rather be the happiest man with nothing in my pockets than the richest person in the world who can't sleep.
Which is exactly why you are writing this post.

This is nothing but poor-talk. A way for someone to justify a lack of ambition or lack of financial success.

I have been on both sides of the fence, have you? If you have never been poor AND rich you can't speak from both perspectives. The people you descibe as being workaholics.....how do you KNOW they are rich? They sound to me like the kind of people who are slaves to money, instead of masters of it. The kind of people who spend more than they make just to LOOK wealthy. And you bought it, hook, line, and sinker. Be more careful who you label as "wealthy".

Maybe they are wealthy. How do you know that this accurately represents wealthy people as a whole? You can't accurately judge a wealthy person until you know for sure they ARE wealthy.

So-

1) You don't know if someone is wealthy or not until you have seen their financial statement

2) By the tone of your post I can tell that you have likely had limited exposure to truly wealthy people

So how is it that you can make such a bold statement judging by a few people who you THINK are wealthy?

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine right now, you're feeling a bit like alice in wonderland... tumbling down the rabbit hole? Unfortunitly noone can be told the truth, they have to see it for themselves...

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe whatever you want to believe!

You take the red pill and i'll show you how far down the rabbit hole goes.

Remember... all i'm offering is the truth! :crackup:

Ok back on topic...

Everything you are saying, is everything they tell poor little kids who didn't get what they want again for X-mas because mommy and daddy can't afford it. Money won't make you happy, money is the root of all evil, rich people have always been rich or won the lottery...

Do you think Donald Trump cares if his wife doesn't love him? Do you honestly think he has no real friends? Let me explain something to you... Whether or not you have real friends who really care about you is a matter fo your personality. If you're an arshole you will have no real friends, if you're a decent person that's fun to be around you will have multyple real friends and entire armies of casual friends. Donals trump chose his wife, she wasn't 'given' to him, he chose her out of a whole bunch of women! Why did he choose her and not someone else? His reasons are his own. Maybe he just picked her because she's hot and he wanted to hit that pooty on a frequent basis? (nah! ;-) ). Or maybe he chose her because he felt she was a good match for him, maybe he really does love her and she loves him (for who he is). Why is that so unimaginable?!

He's rich so naturally all women he is with are with him for his money! Great sense of logic genious! So how about you? Are you rich? No? I guess you don't get any attention from women then cause they are all about money right?

The truth is that earning wealth requires EFFORT. You will have to make some sacrifices, sure. You will have to work hard. You'll have to make some sacrifices in your social life. All true... But to say you have to throw away your life, your soul?! ^^

Just use your brain for a second here. Money is a succubus that steals your soul. So Donald trump had his soul consumed by his money.. OHNO! Maybe trump should just give away his money? Then he'll be free again? And be free to marry a woman that loves him? And get real friends? :)

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you, STR8UP. You saved me a lot of time having to respond to this garbage.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, money doesn't buy happiness. However, I'm certainly happy to have money :)

My belief is that happiness is not related to wealth, but to your attitude. Some people will be happy whether rich or poor, other people will always be miserable.

I mean, look at Richard Branson. He started off with no money, and was incredibly happy with his life. Then he became rich, but he's still happy.
Why? I believe it's due to his positive and uplifting attitude, not because of his financial status.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
money does NOT equal happiness.

It isn't true that you will definately be unhappy if your rich, but the two are not synonymous.

and money does tend to have a way of making you unhappy. Not as much as knowledge tho.

I am pretty smart, my guess is smarter than many people here, and I will go ahead and say, there is a direct correlation between being intelligent and being less happy.

The smarter you are, the less happy you get. Children are the happiest people there are, and theres a reason. They dont know much.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Eee Zee said:
I am pretty smart, my guess is smarter than many people here, and I will go ahead and say, there is a direct correlation between being intelligent and being less happy.

The smarter you are, the less happy you get. Children are the happiest people there are, and theres a reason. They dont know much.

Sounds like I need to go kill some brain cells again... :rockon:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been here a while.. and you can use this is a real life Sosuave true story or whatnot, but I will put my cards on the table... I make a ****load of money and I can honeslty say, I have never been more miserable than I am at this moment.

It's like a big circle. When you don't have money, all you can see IS money. When you start doing the things that help you aquire money, you learn things. The more you learn, the smarter you become, the more people distance themselves from you, because you are different.

When you get money, or acheive a certain status, oh yes, there are people who clammer to be around you, but I am too smart enough to look outside the forest so to speak. The people I care about, aren't there. One by One, they all started to resent me, for basically being a hell of alot more successful then them. I tried everything, helping them out, doing things for them, spending time with them.. things only got worse. Until my mom earlier this week, after I took someones advice and tried to reconcile my relationship with my mom yet again, told me how I was a pitiful excuse for a son because I won't "help her out" (yet she kicked me out the house for starting a company), a woman that makes over 100k a year and is married to a guy that makes damn near as much.

My situtation is probably a little unique, however the basics and mroals are the same.. money honestly doesn't buy happiness. My friends don't even pick up the phone when I call anymore. I cried myself to sleep last night.. a grown ass man,a successful grown ass man, because I was excited about a milestone I had hit that I had set formsyself, only to come to the realization that i had no one to share my happiness to.. at least someone who cared.

I date, finding women willing to spred their legs isn't hard. Finding a WOMAN is. A woman that is secure enough in herself to consider yourself her equal at all times. One woman flaked out on me, and I kid you not, because she told me, that eventually, I would start abusing her because I thought I was better than her... Wh en I asked her what gave her that Idea, she said, because I made alot more money then her.

Anyway, I am in a funk, and I hate to stink up this thread. Let me try to answer some of the general questions on this.

I was talking with this girl until like 5am 2 nights ago. She honestly is not my type. I don't even like her. She even has a BF. She is about 200 pounds.. but she was sooo freakin interesting, neither of us wanted to stop talking to each other.. We were just sitting outside talking (remember i am staying at an extended stay hotel, you meet all types of people)

She said something that stuck with me like white on rice.

"Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over, and expect to get a different result"

Think about that. My old company didn't take off, seriously take off, until I said you know what, **** it. I am honestly going to do whatever the **** it takes to get this going, and what it took, the finishing touches on a 2 year masterpeice, was me staying up for 2 and a half days (with like an hour of sleep sprinkled in there, and about an hour of SSX on Gamecube) working on a new marketing plan and submitting merchant applications, I think I did 20 in 3 days, and these are like 15 page applications

My horse racing skills didn't become efficent until I literarly locked myself in a room and started watching old races all week long.. I locked my GF out of my room, which she was staying in.

I got FAT, I didn't loose weight, real weight, until i worked out every day, without fail, no execptions, to utter failure.

You are INSANE to think, I want to be rich, I want power.. ok, back to watching MTV and jacking off 5 times a day, wake up the next day and wonder why you don't have the DRIVE to be rich or powerful.

It takes a different mind to be a millionare, or anything close. I think so differently than most people it's unreal at times. I honestly, truly to god, don't think there isn't anything I can't do. Some things might take longer than others, but all can get done.

I, even at my young age, understand that when working, you do more than you get paid for, so that in the end, you get paid more for what you do.

You don't necessarly have to sacrifice your family, even though my family sacrificed me AFTER I was successful and before to a large extent.

In fact, I would say It would have been very benefical for me to get away for a night a week to spend time with my family when espically starting my company. My business partner did that, once a week he would go and visit his mom across town, it made him feel better and there is more than life to just money, even then we knew that. Plus if you are doing your job, you won't have a problem scheduling the time in.

I told myself I wouldn't have kids until I am at least 28, that's because I can a) party and b) and more importantly, raise them the way they deserve to be raised.

Kids get neglected regardless.. don't think middle class kids have parents around alot of the time either. My mom when I was growing up, lived in another CITY from Monday-Thursday and came home on the weekends, from me being 13 until I was 17 and I lived only with my mom. She did well for herself and me, but she isn't wealthy by any means.

I can also attest to this. The most stressful time in my life was when I had just turned 21. My company was in full fledge, we had a number of employees. Business was actually going great, but I was getting 2-3 hours of sleep and sometimes less than that. All I could think about is my company. I coudln't enjoy anything resembling a personal life, even when I went out, my mind was on work. It wasn't so much the success of the company, it was that, it wasn't just my business partner and I anymore.. what we did effected families now, not just ours, which we could deal with. It's somethign I never learned to deal with, I just accecpted.

The day I resigned, actually the next day, I literarly slept unti like 7 that night. My GF at the time made me something to eat and we eat it in my bed, I don't think I got out of bed the entire day. I was so damn emotionally drained, it was like it took a physical tool on me.

Now, everything I said, I wouldn't trade one day of it, simply because I have learned alot. I am amazed at how immature some 30 year old, 40 year old men are. I was forced to grow up quick (but still look very very young).

That and the fact that yes, money isn't really a big issue anymore, it has it's advantages.

But I am not doing to great right now honestly, I guess it just all caught up with me. I wish I could rent-a-family at times, because mine is horrible.

If it's one thing I have learned, is that your success is harder on friends and family than you would ever, could ever possibly imagine.. it causes them to look in the mirror and not like what they see.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I haven't been here a while.. and you can use this is a real life Sosuave true story or whatnot, but I will put my cards on the table... I make a ****load of money and I can honeslty say, I have never been more miserable than I am at this moment.

It's like a big circle. When you don't have money, all you can see IS money. When you start doing the things that help you aquire money, you learn things. The more you learn, the smarter you become, the more people distance themselves from you, because you are different.

When you get money, or acheive a certain status, oh yes, there are people who clammer to be around you, but I am too smart enough to look outside the forest so to speak. The people I care about, aren't there. One by One, they all started to resent me, for basically being a hell of alot more successful then them. I tried everything, helping them out, doing things for them, spending time with them.. things only got worse. Until my mom earlier this week, after I took someones advice and tried to reconcile my relationship with my mom yet again, told me how I was a pitiful excuse for a son because I won't "help her out" (yet she kicked me out the house for starting a company), a woman that makes over 100k a year and is married to a guy that makes damn near as much.

My situtation is probably a little unique, however the basics and mroals are the same.. money honestly doesn't buy happiness. My friends don't even pick up the phone when I call anymore. I cried myself to sleep last night.. a grown ass man,a successful grown ass man, because I was excited about a milestone I had hit that I had set formsyself, only to come to the realization that i had no one to share my happiness to.. at least someone who cared.

I date, finding women willing to spred their legs isn't hard. Finding a WOMAN is. A woman that is secure enough in herself to consider yourself her equal at all times. One woman flaked out on me, and I kid you not, because she told me, that eventually, I would start abusing her because I thought I was better than her... Wh en I asked her what gave her that Idea, she said, because I made alot more money then her.

Anyway, I am in a funk, and I hate to stink up this thread. Let me try to answer some of the general questions on this.

I was talking with this girl until like 5am 2 nights ago. She honestly is not my type. I don't even like her. She even has a BF. She is about 200 pounds.. but she was sooo freakin interesting, neither of us wanted to stop talking to each other.. We were just sitting outside talking (remember i am staying at an extended stay hotel, you meet all types of people)

She said something that stuck with me like white on rice.

"Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over, and expect to get a different result"

Think about that. My old company didn't take off, seriously take off, until I said you know what, **** it. I am honestly going to do whatever the **** it takes to get this going, and what it took, the finishing touches on a 2 year masterpeice, was me staying up for 2 and a half days (with like an hour of sleep sprinkled in there, and about an hour of SSX on Gamecube) working on a new marketing plan and submitting merchant applications, I think I did 20 in 3 days, and these are like 15 page applications

My horse racing skills didn't become efficent until I literarly locked myself in a room and started watching old races all week long.. I locked my GF out of my room, which she was staying in.

I got FAT, I didn't loose weight, real weight, until i worked out every day, without fail, no execptions, to utter failure.

You are INSANE to think, I want to be rich, I want power.. ok, back to watching MTV and jacking off 5 times a day, wake up the next day and wonder why you don't have the DRIVE to be rich or powerful.

It takes a different mind to be a millionare, or anything close. I think so differently than most people it's unreal at times. I honestly, truly to god, don't think there isn't anything I can't do. Some things might take longer than others, but all can get done.

I, even at my young age, understand that when working, you do more than you get paid for, so that in the end, you get paid more for what you do.

You don't necessarly have to sacrifice your family, even though my family sacrificed me AFTER I was successful and before to a large extent.

In fact, I would say It would have been very benefical for me to get away for a night a week to spend time with my family when espically starting my company. My business partner did that, once a week he would go and visit his mom across town, it made him feel better and there is more than life to just money, even then we knew that. Plus if you are doing your job, you won't have a problem scheduling the time in.

I told myself I wouldn't have kids until I am at least 28, that's because I can a) party and b) and more importantly, raise them the way they deserve to be raised.

Kids get neglected regardless.. don't think middle class kids have parents around alot of the time either. My mom when I was growing up, lived in another CITY from Monday-Thursday and came home on the weekends, from me being 13 until I was 17 and I lived only with my mom. She did well for herself and me, but she isn't wealthy by any means.

I can also attest to this. The most stressful time in my life was when I had just turned 21. My company was in full fledge, we had a number of employees. Business was actually going great, but I was getting 2-3 hours of sleep and sometimes less than that. All I could think about is my company. I coudln't enjoy anything resembling a personal life, even when I went out, my mind was on work. It wasn't so much the success of the company, it was that, it wasn't just my business partner and I anymore.. what we did effected families now, not just ours, which we could deal with. It's somethign I never learned to deal with, I just accecpted.

The day I resigned, actually the next day, I literarly slept unti like 7 that night. My GF at the time made me something to eat and we eat it in my bed, I don't think I got out of bed the entire day. I was so damn emotionally drained, it was like it took a physical tool on me.

Now, everything I said, I wouldn't trade one day of it, simply because I have learned alot. I am amazed at how immature some 30 year old, 40 year old men are. I was forced to grow up quick (but still look very very young).

That and the fact that yes, money isn't really a big issue anymore, it has it's advantages.

But I am not doing to great right now honestly, I guess it just all caught up with me. I wish I could rent-a-family at times, because mine is horrible.

If it's one thing I have learned, is that your success is harder on friends and family than you would ever, could ever possibly imagine.. it causes them to look in the mirror and not like what they see.

YOU, my friend, have made the most relevent post I have ever read here. Ironically, on too many levels to mention, I relate to this wholeheartedly.

I'm 24 years old and have a business in Northern California, my schedule is very similar to yours. Very little sleep, always active, every day is a grueling training/workout regimen that pushes you to the edge. Every moment calls for whatever ounce of channeled energy you can muster. As demand for you increases, you find yourself on stage in the limelight, like a deer in the headlights. You exist to serve people, yet you're not acknowledged half as much as you NEED - the simple encouragement that you're doing a great job, and that people are rooting for you. Soon you feel that you have followed a path of vanity. That the treasure chest was holding fools gold. That what you have worked long and hard for, was handed over to you, only to be fool's gold. And you wonder why you tried in the first place. Reminiscing on your life of normal grandeur, you envy the high school teen who walks arrogantly in the middle aisle of the grocery store. This kid has nothing to his name. He stays with his parents. His bus pass is wrinkled in his pocket. Yet and still, he has a luxury to his possession that you don't: freedom.

The price sometimes is more than the reward offers. And in this instance and respect, you entertain the thought of buyer's remorse. Only if.

Get a spiritual grounding. The joy you once had when growing this company has now lost it's luster of yonder. There's now a deeper purpose in life for you, one which money couldn't purchase. When all's said and done, man has a void in his heart which couldn't be filled with whatever material life has to offer. Search out the infinite, the eternal.

"For He has put eternity in the hearts of men."

To your best.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
original poster: What are you, kidding me? thats the dumbest thing i've read in a while. There are happy and unhappy rich people, happy and unhappy poor people. And judging by your post, dumb people are still around and doing great.

The rest of you guys - good stuff. Been there, done that. Haven't worked for anyone but myself since like 20/21. Used to work like 18-20 hour days when I started a business. Burned out like crazy, pretty much just wanted to drop everything and go work at a gas station or something for a while.. LOL.. But somehow managed to survive and get through it, and create a sustainable, profitable business for me and my family. And its still stressful. Sh!t happens every day. Employees are like a bunch of primadonna kids I have to take care of. But I still wouldn't trade it for anything else.

And now I am planning another venture. Bigger, better, and quite likely even more stressful and involving. And I am sure that I will keep going. There really is no retirement or quitting when you thrive on achievement. I don't even care if every business I start burns to the ground, I'll just keep doing it. And if anything, its making me appreciate life, love, happiness, beauty more. I value time like crazy now, because I realize how little time we really have in this world. It's not even about money, its about conquering your own world.

Anyway, this discussion really reminds me of Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead.. The original poster should read those, and understand that those who judge others wealth and happiness are the ones that are miserable. The builders will keep on building their own world, the haters and the looters will keep on trying to undermine what they've done.

LiveNow

Reaction score
I Love Hyori Lee
Wealth is a sacrafice just like any other ambition or goal. But to claim that one must sacrafice their family or children, seem like generalizations made based on specifically the people you know.

I agree with STR8UP and others, except that they are being a little harsh. You guys who say this is garbage or crap, or whatever, please take a step back and listen to yourselves; if you do, you will see that you are being just as narrow-minded and ignorant as the original poster (I Love Hyori Lee), and that is simply foolish. For, all we know is our beliefs, and our beliefs are based on our experiences. Someone once said that you could be anyone else if you lived in their circumstances. That is very true.

In other words, if I were you, and I knew the same wealthy people with less than happy family or child relationships, and had the same father give me advice, then I would probably think like you do as well. Maybe not in every single situation, but most probably, it would be the case.

However, and as a result, it's nice that we all bring different perspectives to the table. I don't think all wealthy people are unhappy or make outrageous sacrafices.

Unfortunately, wealth accumulation is largely downplayed in society as many associate it with greed, evil, corruption - just tell people you want to be wealthy and they get negative. This is a consumerist society, they don't want to see you independent of spending. Over 80% of Americans are in debt right now, and most of the people above us would rather keep it that way.

Point being, it's understandable that you have the views you have, but you need to try and listen to other views and perspectives as well. Step out of the bubble you're living in, and talk to other wealthy people that you may not already know. There are many happy affluent people in the world. I have met happy and sad ones. I have also met happy and sad poor people.

You just have to try to get more open-minded and see things from more than just one angle.

btw, I just read your post backbreaker, great story, I enjoyed reading that, and if it means anything, I wish you the best.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, lots to comment on...

How is it that families of wealth have divorce, broken families and strife.
This is a huge load of BS. Money problems are one of the biggest causes for families breaking up. If you're poor, try living with a woman and you'll find that a reality.

The people I care about, aren't there. One by One, they all started to resent me, for basically being a hell of alot more successful then them.
I know where you're coming from. There came a point in my life where online communities were pretty much all I had for friends. It was better than nothing.

Until my mom earlier this week, after I took someones advice and tried to reconcile my relationship with my mom yet again, told me how I was a pitiful excuse for a son because I won't "help her out" (yet she kicked me out the house for starting a company)
I've tried this with my parents a few times. I tried solving my problems with them, but when they look me in the eye and say "You're telling lies", it just makes me more fvcking angry. I'd love to put the past behind, but I can't move ahead with my relationship with my parents until they apologize for all the crap they did to me. I found trying to reconcile is a waste of time and energy, and I was much happier leaving things the way they were. If they can't grow, then to hell with them. They'll just have to live with my bi-monthly visit.

That is so goddam true. I have two vehicles, a nicer house, a larger property, and less debt than my parents do. They try tearing me down when they can. "You shouldn't have bought your house when you did, you should've waited a year or two." The market is crazy now, houses have practically doubled in value since I bought mine (which I saw coming). It seems that they're hell bent on wanting me to fail.

I'm firing you a PM backbreaker.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a few millionair families. The men who got wealthy became retired (or work 10 or so hours a week), and are some of the most active fathers I've seen. So saying that you must give up your time and family is a load of crap.

The only thing you need to get wealthy is the will to take risk.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends...if u want a BMW, VOLVO, 6000 sq ft house, and 3 kids, and a good wife..and all that comes with it.

then you may spend many yrs with no free time...and burn on out like some said..

but it can pay off.

or you can go to college for 4 to 6 yrs and get a degree in a high paying field.

I personally dont care about that stuff...my Alero gets me around.

and I enjoy the hours of stress free time I get to watch my sports..and workout, and play games...
my son will get the best education..and will be given a work ethic I didnt have.

and I willl give him the best chance to succedd.

anyone can succedd..so i dont have to make a million for him

but if you have millions u did it for one reason..you wanted to.

we can have what we want in life

but beign rich takes hard work and some luck.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Wealthy people have a LOWER divorce rate than the general public. Look it up.
While I agree with almost everything else you're saying, this I think is immaterial. Consider for a second, that choosing not to divorce doesn't automatically mean that you're happy. It could mean that you one or both parties just doesn't want to give up certain things that they would lose in a divorce, status, money, mutual friends, whatever.

I have a good friend who cheated on his wife for nearly a year (with a girl who lived two houses down, no less, dumbass). When his wifre found out about it (as she was nearly guaranteed to since she lived down the street, dumbass), she was rightfully furious, and if it weren't for the children and my friend's high paying job, she would have skedaddled.They're still together, but still not happy.

In the end, my theory is that money doesn't buy happiness, but it'll buy plenty of people to be happy for me. :D

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an athiest. I have been for the last 4 years. Honestly, it has nothing to do with spiritual beliefs, it's just that all humans are wired to want to be around, liked and respected to other humans.. when that isn't there, you get sad.

People use religion as a defalt excuse to what's wrong with the world and why they can't do things... "it must not be i god's plans for me to have this"

dont' get me wrong, I am not in a hurry to trade places with anyone, but all I am saying is it comes at a price. In this case, my relationship with my family,b ut with that said, I am glad I know their true colors.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I am an athiest. I have been for the last 4 years. Honestly, it has nothing to do with spiritual beliefs, it's just that all humans are wired to want to be around, liked and respected to other humans.. when that isn't there, you get sad.

People use religion as a defalt excuse to what's wrong with the world and why they can't do things... "it must not be i god's plans for me to have this"

dont' get me wrong, I am not in a hurry to trade places with anyone, but all I am saying is it comes at a price. In this case, my relationship with my family,b ut with that said, I am glad I know their true colors.

I'm not alluding to the thought that religion is being used as a scapegoat... instead, I'm saying that spiritual grounding could be a way to gain deeper self-awareness. Peace within yourself is the objective here.

Congrats on knowing your family's true colors... it just seems that your tone of approach in the initial post was more somber. The price you paid for your financial and career success was obviously one that your closer family members weren't willing to pay, hence the apparent 'alienation' *for lack of a better word*.

In order for your perspective on this concern to change, you have to either 1) MAKE it change... *build back that relationship and find mutual grounding with your family*... or ... 2) Accept what is, and come to your own closure on this.

My point being, no matter what your current beliefs are, the art of spirituality is, in essence, the ability to listen to and obey your conscience, to do what is right, even though it may be the harder path to take. Give or take, a by-product of doing so results in self-respect and inward peace, and - invariably - respect from others.

The qualities money couldn't purchase...

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone needs money to survive however keeping up with the jones's is hard these days.

money, well you cant take it with you when you go, unless you hide it in your coffin lining and ask to be cremated.