Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to you is a "true" man?

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the strengths of the PUA movement is IMO the Alpha Male concept.

But I think to get women, being a man is more than that. it's about:

- knowing what one wants out of life. It can be something very simple or mundane, but if one desires it, he seeks it out

- taking responsibility for everything he does. Shirking and shifting responsibility is weak, and makes one not handle life situations properly

- Can provide for himself. This means having a regular income, and even a house/car

Women like confidence, and by being in control, this what women value.

Despite the modern PC bull****, women want a man to lead and take charge. It is how the genders are built, and how women innately respond to men. A man therefore who is secure in himself and can be source of strength for a woman is more inclined to dating.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other day my gf told me some of the things she finds attractive about me. She finds me to be very masculine, feels safe in my arms, enjoys the fact that I appreciate her as a feminine woman, and am able to take care of myself.

It just verifies what I've been aiming to become for the last 10 years.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are both hitting key points.

There have been numerous threads asking what makes a man Alpha, DJ, a "true man," real man, etc.

I'm sure we all have varied archetypes in our mind of a Real Man. The Dos Equis commercials featuring the World's Most Interesting Man, while played for sly laughs, I think struck a chord. I always pictured myself like that at age 50-60. Someone worldly, masculine, charismatic yet quiet, adventurous, exotic, and of course irresistible. Again - fictional character playing to our aspirations. But somehow in the recess of my brain I saw what a woman probably sees when she stares at the cover of Cosmo. (Note that men don't complain about "unattainable" levels of attractiveness.)

HalfPUAHalfAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A "real" man...

... is in charge of his life, including his choices in career, hobbies, women, housing, opinions, beliefs, and values.

... takes care of himself physically, including staying in shape, can play some sort of competitive sports, knows life skills such as cars, landscaping, cooking, shooting a gun, fishing, etc.

... is not moved by the views and opinions of others. Validation comes from within.

... only comes into conflict with other men when they act in an unacceptable manner that encroaches in his life, territory, etc.

... is well-read, keeps up on current events, and can hold a conversation on a variety of topics.

... has several passions in life, including goals, interests, hobbies, etc.

... is not intimidated by women, is not thrown off his game by their machinations, mood swings, and fake fragility. And, he knows how to bang her so well she calls out several deities in the throws of passion. She always comes back after the first time at least for one more ride.

... is not a liar, cheat, or a fraud.

... has friends, several very close, others happy to be in his circle. They care about him and he cares about them. He has their back and they have his. He elicits loyalty and respect.

... respects and honors his parents, more so if such respect and honor is due. At the same time, a real man can stand up to his parents and hold his ground when necessary.

... can cook a steak to temperature, clean a fish, throw a ball, tie a tie, make a speech, recognize the blitz, change a tire, build a fire, pitch a tent, open a wine bottle, sharpen a knife, take a punch, figure out where due north is, drive a stick, smoke a cigar, drink whiskey, dance a jig, throw a party, bet the ponies, raft the whitewater, play poker, pull up their own weight, swim far enough to shore, and shoot a gun.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HalfPUAHalfAFC said:
A "real" man...

... is in charge of his life, including his choices in career, hobbies, women, housing, opinions, beliefs, and values.

... takes care of himself physically, including staying in shape, can play some sort of competitive sports, knows life skills such as cars, landscaping, cooking, shooting a gun, fishing, etc.

... is not moved by the views and opinions of others. Validation comes from within.

... only comes into conflict with other men when they act in an unacceptable manner that encroaches in his life, territory, etc.

... is well-read, keeps up on current events, and can hold a conversation on a variety of topics.

... has several passions in life, including goals, interests, hobbies, etc.

... is not intimidated by women, is not thrown off his game by their machinations, mood swings, and fake fragility. And, he knows how to bang her so well she calls out several deities in the throws of passion. She always comes back after the first time at least for one more ride.

... is not a liar, cheat, or a fraud.

... has friends, several very close, others happy to be in his circle. They care about him and he cares about them. He has their back and they have his. He elicits loyalty and respect.

... respects and honors his parents, more so if such respect and honor is due. At the same time, a real man can stand up to his parents and hold his ground when necessary.

... can cook a steak to temperature, clean a fish, throw a ball, tie a tie, make a speech, recognize the blitz, change a tire, build a fire, pitch a tent, open a wine bottle, sharpen a knife, take a punch, figure out where due north is, drive a stick, smoke a cigar, drink whiskey, dance a jig, throw a party, bet the ponies, raft the whitewater, play poker, pull up their own weight, swim far enough to shore, and shoot a gun.
Nice list :yes:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Victor Newman on whatever soap opera my wife always is watching on DVR when I get home from work...that is my dude...always in control, always looking you in the eye, always does what he wants ans takes no sh!t from anyone...

Sean Connery's characters in movies are usually another good example...

InnerHappiness

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, being emotionally detached from everything and acting logically.

ALPHA27

Reaction score
A man that models his life after Christ. Insufficient??? Best of luck to ya!!!

jpizzler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a question for the question. At what age should a man be a true man?
Obviously some fellows here have grabbed the opportunity early, but I bet there are stragglers. And one of the posters here are right, that Dos Equis guy is a representation of our aspirations.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A "true" man is also comfortable in his skin..he could go to a bar or coffee shop by himself and be content. Personally, I feel anybody could go out in a group and at times its really awesome. Always felt though it takes a secure person to be by themselves and just observe.

InnerHappiness

Don Juan
Reaction score
RedZone said:
A "true" man is also comfortable in his skin..he could go to a bar or coffee shop by himself and be content. Personally, I feel anybody could go out in a group and at times its really awesome. Always felt though it takes a secure person to be by themselves and just observe.
Unless I get invited, I prefer going out to bars alone, I gives me the opportunity to socialize and meet new people. Like someone said, without a "home base" it gives you extra incentive to.

Even when I am out with friends (more than 1), I always "ditch" them to become social proof.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HalfPUAHalfAFC said:
...can cook a steak to temperature, clean a fish, throw a ball, tie a tie, make a speech, recognize the blitz, change a tire, build a fire, pitch a tent, open a wine bottle, sharpen a knife, take a punch, figure out where due north is, drive a stick, smoke a cigar, drink whiskey, dance a jig, throw a party, bet the ponies, raft the whitewater, play poker, pull up their own weight, swim far enough to shore, and shoot a gun.
Wow, we have our own son of Earnest Hemmingway here! I'm good on all counts except the jig dancing.

That is a good list, Half.:up:

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
real men are fearless
real men never give-up
real men dont act emotionality and dont show emotion ( look at tribal men their faces are serious and show very strong sights ) or look at the solders