Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to drink?

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay very simple question here...

When out with friends at pubs/clubs etc what non-alcoholic drink should I have?.

I don't drink much and usually stick to Coke, but I think this makes me come across as a bit of a panzy. For this reason I tend to drink beer, but I can't DJ whilst drunk and would much prefer not to drink. Can anyone suggest a drink that would keep my macho image going and not make me look really weak/lame?.

I'd drink water but I can't really ask for that at a bar, and if I did they'd probably want to charge me.

Any ideas?

-waldo

8ball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottled water w/ lemon.

You have to pay for it, they don't mind bringing it to you, and you project a 'clean-healthy' image.

SIWrx

Don Juan
Reaction score
just keep drinking lite beer, and all you need is one or two, just nurse the hell out of it.
The slower you drink, the warmer it gets, so you drink even slower, and it gets even warmer. A beautiful cycle.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with drinking slowley is I find it hard to do, especially if I'm nervous (i.e. in a possible 'close' situation). I will look into the bottled water/lemon idea. Recently I've been drinking coke and making out I'm driving.

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are drinking non-alcoholic strawberry daquiris oeioke are losing respect for you by the second, especially women. stay away from any "girlie drinks" stick to shots and beer. if you don't think you can spit game while drunk then have a few, just a few beers and then switch to water with or without lemon. good call 8ball. this is much easier at a club as people understand you can get dehydrated. at a bar you really have no buisiness being there if you aren't going to drink cuz there are other places to meat people. if you decide to drink water at a bar however just tell people your friends decided its your turn to be designated driver.

and please, stop drinking non-alcoholic strawberry daquiris

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm drunk I turn totally AFC that's the problem, and I know I'm doing it, plus its impossible to do any SS stuff whilst drunk, I find myself trying to remember even the simplest things I've learnt from this site.

Tyler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by waldo
Okay very simple question here...

When out with friends at pubs/clubs etc what non-alcoholic drink should I have?.

I don't drink much and usually stick to Coke, but I think this makes me come across as a bit of a panzy. For this reason I tend to drink beer, but I can't DJ whilst drunk and would much prefer not to drink. Can anyone suggest a drink that would keep my macho image going and not make me look really weak/lame?.

I'd drink water but I can't really ask for that at a bar, and if I did they'd probably want to charge me.

Any ideas?

-waldo
What's wrong with drinking Coke? You'll see guys with rum and coke, whiskey and coke, etc., so you wouldn't look out of place with it. I'd say that if that's what you want to drink, then stick with it.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
O'Doul's?

You can get most party drinks (read mixed non-****tails) in virgin form unless you can't find a decent bartender.

Don't worry about what your buddies think, its much better to have your head about you. Worse comes to worse and your friends are ragging on you after having done this once or twice you can simply retort," And how much azz have you scored in the last week? That's what I thought. Shut up."

SIWrx

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, a coke in a glass with some ice, and grab a lime while ar the bar. Itll look like a rum and coke and really noone will care to ask.

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no shame in asking for water. Who cares if they charge you?

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you mention that you're the designated driver of the group, most clubs I've been to won't even charge you for a coke. Granted you leave a couple dollar tip.

If you refuse to pay a dime for anything, try a club soda with a slice of lemon when the rest of your buddies are ordering their drinks.

usdaprime

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you guys saying here, that if I don't drink in a bar they don't like it? I have a woman who keeps inviting me to a bar maybe I shouldn't go? I don't drink period. I

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of all these suggestions I think I'll either stick with the Coke or go for Red Bull. I suppose I could use the designated driver line but that doesn't really work when everyone knows I can't drive.

Thanks for all the suggestions!.