Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do with my career?

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a serious dilemma.

In september I started in a company after a rigorous selection procedure. I am very interested in the work I have to day there. I quit my previous job as a waiter because of this.

But I don't know, I don't feel that good there. My current colleagues are terrible (they will change when I finish the initial 'course' in this company, but still I don't know). I miss the social interactions as a waiter and I felt very very confident in that job. Now my colleagues and the environment for some reason brings me down. I come home and I instantly feel better. At work I am constantly overthinking everything (I am evaluated on my team spirit as well so I fake and try when I don't feel like it (I didn't had to do this as a waiter, I just was myself and it worked great with every colleague I had)). I don't think I can act normal as they are clearly all very different from me.

At the end of this month I'll have an evaluation and to be honest I hope I get fired. I think I just am going to act normal and don't give a sh*t to sabotage it consciously...

But the dilemma is the fact that I really like this job and it's double the average pay in my country. But colleagues and environment are such a great influence on me and I think in the end I would hate going to work.

I think I have answered my own question, but I still hope for a change of mentality since this situation will change anyway. And being a waiter is not really what I see myself doing for the rest of my life (doing it as a side job is currently not possible as to busy with the current work, I see myself doing it when I got some more free time).

Any advice?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like your being a lil bish. It's called being a professional buddy, man up and get with the program. Unless you want to be a SERVANT your whole life, well some people are meant to serve so in all actuality who am I to call you out? and I mean that genuinely...there are top rate servers making bank. If that's what your passionate about.

Take everything as a learning experience. Take the perspective of asking yourself why is this new environment a challenge? Adapt and overcome. No matter what til death homie. Personally I like $$$ so I would stick it out and find further advanacement. You always wanna move forward and up. Not down and back.

Backtothedojo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start your own business brother. Be a real alpha male, and lead others, and control your destiny. Plus, you will never become rich building someone else's dream.

Sorry If that sounds a little smug. It's advice that I got and it really worked out for me. Best of luck :)

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start your own business brother. Be a real alpha male, and lead others, and control your destiny. Plus, you will never become rich building someone else's dream.

Sorry If that sounds a little smug. It's advice that I got and it really worked out for me. Best of luck :)
I've been thinking about that a lot for the last couple of years but I just can't seem to figure out in what I would start my own business. For some reason I think I would love it.

B

BlueAlpha1

I've been thinking about that a lot for the last couple of years but I just can't seem to figure out in what I would start my own business. For some reason I think I would love it.
Check your inbox dude

Backtothedojo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Message me if you want advice. I came here looking for help, but it somehow seems karmically right if I give out what I'm looking for first. I'm at your service.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's laziness manifesting itself.

1. Obviously, you won't feel as well in a new environment as you did in an environment you know well. This will improve.

2. People change their attitudes when they get to know you. You will do likewise.

3. New, qualified (!) jobs require intellectual effort. You are not accustomed to this. This may bring your morale down.

Your mind wants to stick to what it is accustomed to: a low paying, lame job as a waiter.

Is this what satisfies you as a man ? Serving food to people ? Don't you want to use more of your potential ?

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt you'd like it. You don't like putting in the effort as an employee. More effort is harder ;)

Backtothedojo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt you'd like it. You don't like putting in the effort as an employee. More effort is harder ;)
It's true. Especially in the early days you work multiples harder than your employed friends. Most of the time, however, it doesn't feel like work.

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the arguments. But here are my thoughts.

I liked being a waiter, I felt confident in doing it, it improved my social skills (to some point as I still have issues with my new colleagues). But I got complimented a lot on my work and other aspects. It payed horrible of course, but I came home feeling satisfied. I know I have more than that in me, but still.

The reason I would think starting up a company would serve me well is the fact that if I work harder, I would see more results and ergo earn more money. This is currently not happening, I work very hard but the pay is the same, in the end it would probably pay off as I could grow in my career, but the fact that some people decide everything down to the fact if I could come to work tomorrow is very demotivating, I could work as hard as I can but I also could be fired for some reason. Everything I would have worked so hard for, was just for nothing.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the arguments. But here are my thoughts.

I liked being a waiter, I felt confident in doing it, it improved my social skills (to some point as I still have issues with my new colleagues). But I got complimented a lot on my work and other aspects. It payed horrible of course, but I came home feeling satisfied. I know I have more than that in me, but still.
Give the new job some time and you might discover that it gives you same satisfaction after a while. You can always go back to being a waiter...

The reason I would think starting up a company would serve me well is the fact that if I work harder, I would see more results and ergo earn more money. This is currently not happening, I work very hard but the pay is the same, in the end it would probably pay off as I could grow in my career, but the fact that some people decide everything down to the fact if I could come to work tomorrow is very demotivating, I could work as hard as I can but I also could be fired for some reason. Everything I would have worked so hard for, was just for nothing.
You're going ass-backwards in respect to starting a company.
Wrong: I want to start a company, but I have no idea what to do.
Right: People could use this service. I will start a company to provide this service.

Second, putting in more effort for the company you own would not necessarily translate to immediate results. It might not give any results at all.
Don't think that I advise you against starting a company. By all means do it, but be realistic with your expectations.

Regarding: "some people decide everything down to the fact if I could come to work tomorrow is very demotivating, I could work as hard as I can but I also could be fired for some reason".
You're being dramatic. Generally, people don't get fired for petty reasons.

Here is gist of being an employee, a company owner, an artist, a Don Juan, you name it: as long as you provide value for someone, you will be rewarded. If you provide lots of value, you will be rewarded better. As soon as you stop providing value, you will not be rewarded anymore.

I remember my first days as an employee: I was getting depressed thinking that I would be an office drone for the rest of my life. I wasn't too enthusiastic about my profession, either (unlike you). Throughout the years I put in lots of quality effort and it paid off. I became proficient, I get paid very well, I got promoted and now it's me who gives directions to others what to do. I learned about work ethic, how to manage responsibilities, how to be efficient and to value my time. All of these are essential to living life fully and especially if I were to start a company (I have this desire as well).