Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do when a girl you're interested in is in the verge of a breakup

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long story short, I got to know a girl, we met once and texted often. We got along great and I decided to make a move. She said that she had a bf but has had asked for a breakup two weeks before, but the bf kinda begged not to leave him, revealing that his mom was sick with cancer and he needed support. This girl agreed so they continue as a couple until now. We're still talking since that conversation but I'm now starting to consider my position. Based on her story and her friend's confirmation to me she doesn't have any hope left in their relationship and it's a possibility their breakup is impending. But I don't want to be a backup or giving her a chance to have her cake and eat it too. Do you think it's best if I go no/limited contact until she's single? If so, should I notify her first, like, "sorry but I don't think it's proper that we're talking while you have a bf" or should I just disappear? Thank you.

Reaction score
If you really want her you don't want to be her rebound, nor do you want to interfere in her $hit. If she is BS'ing the current guy she might also BS you, so be aware of her motives.

Know the type of woman she is.

nemz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd wait till they do their thing, don't go in there trying to break them up because karma will bite you on the ass 10x over. Only weak men get involved in situations like this, tell her to give you a call if her situation changes, your job as a man ends here unless she responds.

Reckoning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her you don't wanna stay in touch while she has a bf, when she breaks up she will probably come running to you if she's that interested. To avoid being the rebound guy, give her space and don't bring up the subject of a relationship with her before she does. Back off immediately if you notice she's still in touch with the ex, because that's probably a world of trouble right there.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reckoning said:
Tell her you don't wanna stay in touch while she has a bf, when she breaks up she will probably come running to you if she's that interested. To avoid being the rebound guy, give her space and don't bring up the subject of a relationship with her before she does. Back off immediately if you notice she's still in touch with the ex, because that's probably a world of trouble right there.

I'd rep you if I could. Nicely put.

Reckoning

Don Juan
Reaction score
GS750 said:
I'd rep you if I could. Nicely put.
I think you can now.

I've had so many weird situations that came from girls meeting me at a time when they weren't happy with their current relationship, it's an unwilling specialty of mine.