Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do when a girl keeps on questioning you about your salary?

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate it but it happened sometimes.

When I'm out on a date with a girl, sometimes we might discuss lots of things but when a girl happens to ask about my job salary, I feel bad for not telling them and after I told them I felt like a fool for telling them in the first place.

I told them that I earned a four figure salary and they keep on probing for more information by asking me to be more specific.
What are the ways to avoid telling them my job salary when they probed for it??? I don't want to tell the world how much did I earn in my job? Pls help

Reaction score
jokingly tell them, that the IRS doesn't even know this information and that if you don't give it to them, you sure in the heck aren't going to give it to her! She should have an idea based on what you do - and would be rude to ask you on a first date!

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I hardly knew her, I wouldn't say,
period. Usually the only time someone
would ask this is if you've led her to this question, for example, bragging a little
about how much you make. I think most
women can pretty much guess what you
make anyway based on what your job is and some other observables.

sql

Don Juan
Reaction score
id just flat out be honest and tell them. it sounds to me that you're unconfortable telling that kind of personal information on a first date.. just tell her thats how you feel. you're not intimate with her enought to warrant her knowing. at any rate this should not be the focus of debate or conversation. if it is, then im sure her value as a serious relationship should drop substantially.

dont do anything you're not confortable doing. and if they pressure dont feel inclined to suffer their presence.

just 2 cents

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's none of her business. I would C & F her right back... That's one thing that should remain a mystery...

"How much? Enough. Are you a gold digger? I've heard about your type!"

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finances are a personal matter; the reasons why are several.

You might be close to broke.
You might be making Donald Trump look broke.
She might be trying to determine if you'll be able to buy her that BIG ring she wants if you two work out.
She may just want to know how much money your job pays.

My advice is to pretend to be offended. Tell her that askig a man's salary is like asking a lady her age; it just isn't done in polite circles. Then get up and leave. I guarantee that if she has any attraction for you, she'll back off the money angle with a quickness and even try to make it up to you.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say why? How much do you make? If she tells me I say oh thats nice I make way more than you in a very sarcastic way.

UsusallyI just say "I do ok, Im not starving," in a short tone of voice. They usually get teh point.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you earn - halve it and tell her that.

If she's a golddigger, she will soon leave... and you didn't want her anyway.

If she's a decent chick and/or is mad keen on you, she'll just play it off as unimportant.

Turn this into your own test that you give to women to weed out the undesirables.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
They are all golddiggers son,they want that dough!.

This is a major case in my mind as to why all women are skanks ,money.

1. They marry for stability(******** for money).Thus making them *****s ,literally.

2.They take account a man's job and financial status when judging him. WHOA! Money comes into play wheter a chic likes a guy...HOOOOKKKERRR!!!!

3.We have to date them in order to"get to know them" ..so we have to pay to see wheter she will sleep with us or not.

**** THEM ALL! That's the mindset you need!Trust me you'll feel better and it will be much easier to deal with them.

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Pappy nailed this one pretty good.

Big money men looking for a woman will grossly lowball what they make to test a woman's intentions. A family member of mine is dating a guy that lives on Park place who designs malls, but he first told her he flips burgers. Tell them what you want to. It's none of thier business.

danziger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being asked how much money I make by a woman I hardly know is one of my "red flags". Depending on my frame of mind at the time I'll say I do some low paying work and continue talking while steering the conversation towards materialistic things (good golddigger check) or just cut off the date quite soon afterwards if I'm not really interested.

The best girl I've ever dated didn't even ask me what I did or care how much money I made...that's a lesson that has stuck with me. She only wanted me for me...

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked the responses above.

C&F:

<looking shocked> "Are you gold-digging? Oh my god! I hear when women are gold digging you, they are so wet and are looking for it in the worse way! Are you really gold digging me? Wow!"

or

<deadly seriously> "I make 2.7 million, give or take, a year. And I have to spend about 2.7 million, give or take, to make that much. So balancing the books at the end of the year is very stressful for me."

"I make 85K and donate 80K of it to charity. I give it to Mother Theresa personally. She shows up down at the corner every so often. Nice lady."

Or be just as offensive back (not really recommended unless you can really pull it off...)

"Why? How much do you need me to make?" That'll make her think for a moment.

But---really---ultimate answer? (yes I know, there are many ultimate answers, bear with me here..)

Who cares what you say after that question leaves her mouth.

RED FLAG!
FOUL!

She's next'd.

Be polite, exit early, flush her number.

How do you expect to stage-manage something like her for any length of time? Either she's so crass so as to not know how inappropriate that is or she's so crass as to think she can treat you like that. If trailer-park turns you on, be my guest.

And "high" is whatever you think it takes to impress her.

Ok---alright, if you're aiming for a ONS, put the figure high, be vague, and act like you don't really care.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, giving her a ****y/funny response will send the right message, and turn your uncortable situation and put her on the defensive.

Don't apologize for not wanting to tell her that info. Lets face it, the ones with no, or very low interest level are the ones that will really dig into that type of info.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A LOT of women do this..... some do it, out of nature, as a way to find out how stable you are.... it's like animal instincts..... dependin gon what she looks liek, and how she is truly emplying, you can do a few things.... I get asked this a lot at parties... and sometiems it's a woman's way of starting a conversation.... sometimes, they just ask you.... as a prelude to determine whether making an effort to get in your pants will pay off.... *shrugs*

A. Flash your wallet, show her the dolla bills, and say 'Is this what you want to know? I am a professional in ever aspect of the word.. I make mad money. I'm a pimp. j/k... :)'

B. Tell her 'Why do women always ask me this?! Why, how much money do you make? LOL! .... I'm all about working hard, so I can play hard, life's too short, I want to experience as much as I can in life, I think that answers your question....

C. I've got dollars you haven't seen yet......

D. Can I borrow $5 from you so I can get a beer?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
"So how much do you make?"
"I do all right."
"How much is all right?"
"I do all right."
"Tell meeee!"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Cuz it's not of your business. ;)"

Through the way you behave on dates (what you wear, how you act, what you pay for, how you handle money, etc), if she's anything of a woman, she will be able to determine from THAT how financially "stable" you are. If she doesn't have the patience to make that determination, then she misses out on your money, your gripping conversation, and your 14" cvck in her butt. ;)

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've learned is if a girl asks you a question that sets off a "red flag" in your head, tell her.

Don't answer the question, just tell her "whoa, your setting off red flags with questions like that." Every time I've told a girl that she gets real self conscious and all of a sudden tries her best to make sure you know she's "not like that" (whether she asked about money, or favorite sexual position too early into knowing her, et cetera.)

I dropped out of college last semester, but all of my friends are still in college. I'm the only person most of these kids know thats their age that's out of school with a high school diploma trying to pay the bills with a working man's job. Pretty much everyone of them asks "so how much money do you make?" (I don't make hardly any money, and the money I make seems even LESS because most of these kids come from rich parents.)

I tell all of them "that's all sorts of not your business."

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RED FLAG

I think the best answer is "I am financially secure."

I wouldn't DREAM of asking this of a guy on the first few dates. It's just RUDE! I'd really watch this chick, she sounds like trouble.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember a girl asked me this during the first convo we had...She also mentioned that her old boyfriend was buying her everything (sugar daddy)...And she had a thing for expensive restaurants...What made it more funny is that she said that she doesnt take or expect money from dudes, but it would be ok if they gave her some...I nexed the b1tch....

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "How much money do you make?"

You (overly horrified expression): "How much do you weigh?"