Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what to do to burn away fat

Master Cheif

Don Juan
Reaction score
im about 200-205 pounds right now and i have big gut, im 5'8, im really stocky, just super wide shoulder or whatever and i have muscle under this fat but i feel like no mater what i do i cant loose this fat, i should be around 175 i guess but i just can't loose this fat.

im giving up all the fast food i eat and when i did even for 2 months and did cardio for 2 hours a day i lost MAYBE 10 pounds.

is there something im doing wrong, i want to get down to 175 by the end of the summer and start putting on more muscle. ill do the hard work, i was thinking about swimming alot everyday because i have a pool, i don't know if swimming is the best for loosing fat though.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your nutrition like? Are you eating a lean protein based diet with the necessary good fats you need? Adding lots of veggies along side these protein based meals with good fats to curve appetite and keep hunger at bay?

Are you training with weights at least 3-5 times a week (4-5 I think being best for most people, lots of supersets, exercises requiring you to stand, light barbell complexes) with morning fasted cardio any mornings you can (yea sucks getting up in the mornings but results is based on how bad you really want)

Add green tea, stay on top of fish oils....

Dr. John Berardi and Dr. Jonny Bowden are some of the best in my opinion when it comes to fat loss goals/nutritional awareness.

Take a real good look at what you're eating and doing day in day out and be honest with yourself. If you know you could do a few extra hours of work and eat more protein and veggies do so...

yes swimming, steady state cardio, bike cycling intervals and weight training is a great combo....it's all about consistency, doesn't matter if one is trying to lose fat or gain muscle...

Learn how to time your carbs correctly, majority always around workouts and some in the morning is ok (oatmeal/ few pieces of fruit)

I've seen some real great transformations, yet it all comes down to one thing HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT!?

EDIT: when I mean good fats, I'm talking natural peanut/almond butter, raw almonds/walnuts, fresh avocado, olive oil, coconut oil/macadamia nut oil ....protein based meal + veggies + 2 tbsp on some light tasing olive drizzled on food or taken directly is an example ..

or cottage cheese + natural peanut/almond butter is another meal/snack

Casein Protein shakes are awesome also, great and keeping hunger down and keep you feeling "full" long.

Master Cheif

Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
What's your nutrition like? Are you eating a lean protein based diet with the necessary good fats you need? Adding lots of veggies along side these protein based meals with good fats to curve appetite and keep hunger at bay?

Are you training with weights at least 3-5 times a week (4-5 I think being best for most people, lots of supersets, exercises requiring you to stand, light barbell complexes) with morning fasted cardio any mornings you can (yea sucks getting up in the mornings but results is based on how bad you really want)

Add green tea, stay on top of fish oils....

Dr. John Berardi and Dr. Jonny Bowden are some of the best in my opinion when it comes to fat loss goals/nutritional awareness.

Take a real good look at what you're eating and doing day in day out and be honest with yourself. If you know you could do a few extra hours of work and eat more protein and veggies do so...

yes swimming, steady state cardio, bike cycling intervals and weight training is a great combo....it's all about consistency, doesn't matter if one is trying to lose fat or gain muscle...

Learn how to time your carbs correctly, majority always around workouts and some in the morning is ok (oatmeal/ few pieces of fruit)

I've seen some real great transformations, yet it all comes down to one thing HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT!?
honestly i havent been to the gym though in a few months, i ran out of money

i generally did some weights for a half hour, then i did some Kickboxing and some boxing, is what i did

im litterally dying to get back in the gym and fight, i feel like total crap all the time.

as for diet, its completley awful right now i never eat full meals, i dont eat very many vegitables anymore and everything im eating is like processed food, i hate this. i used to just grab a head of lettuce and just munch on that for an afternoon, at least i felt good when that happend.

the problem with me is 2 things i really cannot do is run or cycling. i just cannot physically do it, i like swimming because its way less of a pain and when i get tired at least im floating a bit and i don't get the cramps when im swimming like i do running or cycling.

i want this so bad because i want to fight semi-pro by this time next year, the skills are already there (at least striking, i cannot fight well on the ground, im lucky that wrastlin is in my blood), now its just the physical part that i need.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Cheif said:
honestly i havent been to the gym though in a few months, i ran out of money

i generally did some weights for a half hour, then i did some Kickboxing and some boxing, is what i did

im litterally dying to get back in the gym and fight, i feel like total crap all the time.

as for diet, its completley awful right now i never eat full meals, i dont eat very many vegitables anymore and everything im eating is like processed food, i hate this. i used to just grab a head of lettuce and just munch on that for an afternoon, at least i felt good when that happend.

the problem with me is 2 things i really cannot do is run or cycling. i just cannot physically do it, i like swimming because its way less of a pain and when i get tired at least im floating a bit and i don't get the cramps when im swimming like i do running or cycling.

i want this so bad because i want to fight semi-pro by this time next year, the skills are already there (at least striking, i cannot fight well on the ground, im lucky that wrastlin is in my blood), now its just the physical part that i need.
You should check out http://www.rosstraining.com his book "Never gymless" is awsome...(think that's what it's called)

If anything do your best to just up your protein, seems you're in a rut, only money you have and you buy processed ****?

i don't care buy cheap ass ground beef if you have to, throw some pepper and salt on that **** and sautee some veggies with it, it's honestly no that HARD to eat decently...

Hell I buy reduced meats and just make sure to cook them that same day ...for 3 bucks I buy 18 whole eggs!!!! use coupons/shop smarterw, do what you got to do if money is tight. Everyone has excuses, it's those that zip their mouths and think outside the box and put their foot down and get **** done who achieve greatness.

I suggest you keep swimming, do intervals...swim a bit more every time.. and include nice long brisk walks... Wtf

"i used to just grab a head of lettuce and just munch on that for an afternoon, at least i felt good when that happend."

wtf are you a gerbil or a freakin' man? Add some dead animal with that lettuce and have a hand full or two of some raw almonds/walnuts...or drizzle some extra virgin/lightasting olive oil+balsamic vinegar on that ****.

Master Cheif

Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
You should check out http://www.rosstraining.com his book "Never gymless" is awsome...(think that's what it's called)

If anything do your best to just up your protein, seems you're in a rut, only money you have and you buy processed ****?

i don't care buy cheap ass ground beef if you have to, throw some pepper and salt on that **** and sautee some veggies with it, it's honestly no that HARD to eat decently...

Hell I buy reduced meats and just make sure to cook them that same day ...for 3 bucks I buy 18 whole eggs!!!! use coupons/shop smarterw, do what you got to do if money is tight. Everyone has excuses, it's those that zip their mouths and think outside the box and put their foot down and get **** done who achieve greatness.

I suggest you keep swimming, do intervals...swim a bit more every time.. and include nice long brisk walks... Wtf

"i used to just grab a head of lettuce and just munch on that for an afternoon, at least i felt good when that happend."

wtf are you a gerbil or a freakin' man? Add some dead animal with that lettuce and have a hand full or two of some raw almonds/walnuts...or drizzle some extra virgin/lightasting olive oil+balsamic vinegar on that ****.
i have protien but i cannot stand the taste of it, i litterally throw it up everytime, it cant go down. protien bars however, they seem to work.

i cant cook is the big problem. i have 2 major problems though in that i don't eat eggs, they make me sick and i can't drink milk by it self. So pretty much all my protien comes from chicken, i almost never eat fried chicken, its been years i think.

i think ill just get back in the gym and get back to fighting because i love to do it and swim everyday, alot, cardio everyday and hope for the best.

youd be surprised how many people say that to me about the lettuce but i know i just dont eat salad much, its not how i do it :D some people think its weird but yea i guess i am a bit like a gerbal.:D

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Cheif said:
i think ill just get back in the gym and get back to fighting because i love to do it and swim everyday, alot, cardio everyday and hope for the best.
your best is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Im sorry to be harsh but you have to face reality mate.

You say you cut out all junk food and did two hours of cardio a day for 2 months.

If you had done that, you would have lost a LOT of weight. therefore either you wernt really doing cardio properly, or you have "portion distortion" and were eating a lot more food than you claim.

You cant cook, cant cycle, cant eat eggs, cant drink milk, cant stay away from processed foods.

face reality, you CAN do all those things, you just WONT.

Diet is discipline and planning, anyone can learn to cook.

Unless you have a disability, there is NOTHING stopping you running and cycling apart from your being out of shape, stop making excuses.

If it hurts, you suffer.

If you wont suffer, you will stay fat and unhealthy.

like carlito says, how bad do you want this?

Cure.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you really don't want this badly enough. If you really wanted this to happen you wouldn't be making excuses as to why you can't do all the things you should be doing to get in shape.

There are no shortcuts to getting the body you've always wanted. It takes work and dedication. You think I like eating all day and swallowing whole raw eggs multiple times per day? Hell no, but I do it because I know it will get me where I want to be.
You need to have a good rethink over all the reasons why you really want to lose the weight and determine if you really have the balls to follow through with a plan. And if not then stop your whining and accept that you'll always be a fatty boombatty.

You do have balls, don't you?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you wanna fight semi-pro at 5'8", you should probably fight in lightweights... in the 155-160 range. You can get there by dropping to 170ish and cutting water for your weigh-in.

I'm at your goal weight right now. I walk around at 170-175 lbs at 5'8"... here's some pics:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Treydesmon/

As these guys are saying, fitness is 80% diet. If your diet isn't solid nothing else will matter. Its a bit like to trying to build a house w/o the proper materials. Would you build a foundation with cotton or concrete? Furthermore, crappy eating will mess with the hormones that control your metabolism making it much easier to put on fat. Dietary control takes a lot of discipline and planning, but after a while just becomes a way of life.

If getting ripped/strong and in shape was easy everyone would be jacked. It does take a lot of effort, particularly in our modern society, to get physically fit. The world is a MUCH MUCH different place when you're in shape... I worked as a stripper for 3.5 years. The only way I could even work at a job like that is because you're average dude of the street looks like ass. Fitness doesn't just help your body, but will spill into other areas of life like professional and personal areas.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are fat. Of course you have muscle under all this fat, you need something to carry it around with. Lose weight, which as said above is nearly all about your ability to eat consistently less than your body needs. Counting calories is the most reliable way to do this, but you will need more motivation than you are currently demonstrating by your excuse making.

There are a million ways to do this. I'm taking off some fat right now by cooking rice and beans (separately) once a week, combining them (usually with veggies or a bit of meat), adding spices and microwaving the whole bowl. That's dinner. Lunch is sandwich or salad. Breakfast is anything I can pull together in a hurry. "Snacks" (mini-meals) are either low-calorie processed b.s. or fruit. No meal is over 500 calories, no snack is over 150. This is nobody's model of a "perfect" diet but it's sustainable over the medium term and producing big results for now. And the key is I measure it all, drop it in an iPod app ASAP, and get exercise whenever I can stand it.

Master Cheif

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
If you wanna fight semi-pro at 5'8", you should probably fight in lightweights... in the 155-160 range. You can get there by dropping to 170ish and cutting water for your weigh-in.

I'm at your goal weight right now. I walk around at 170-175 lbs at 5'8"... here's some pics:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Treydesmon/

As these guys are saying, fitness is 80% diet. If your diet isn't solid nothing else will matter. Its a bit like to trying to build a house w/o the proper materials. Would you build a foundation with cotton or concrete? Furthermore, crappy eating will mess with the hormones that control your metabolism making it much easier to put on fat. Dietary control takes a lot of discipline and planning, but after a while just becomes a way of life.

If getting ripped/strong and in shape was easy everyone would be jacked. It does take a lot of effort, particularly in our modern society, to get physically fit. The world is a MUCH MUCH different place when you're in shape... I worked as a stripper for 3.5 years. The only way I could even work at a job like that is because you're average dude of the street looks like ass. Fitness doesn't just help your body, but will spill into other areas of life like professional and personal areas.
i dont want to cut to light weight, id like to go down to 175 and bulk up to 185, i fight alot better at 170 or 185, i much better against guys bigger then me.

i just want a diet plan that doesnt require me to drink milk because i will get sick and eatting eggs also makes me sick, whats the benifit of even eating eggs anyway?

Master Cheif

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
You are fat. Of course you have muscle under all this fat, you need something to carry it around with. Lose weight, which as said above is nearly all about your ability to eat consistently less than your body needs. Counting calories is the most reliable way to do this, but you will need more motivation than you are currently demonstrating by your excuse making.

There are a million ways to do this. I'm taking off some fat right now by cooking rice and beans (separately) once a week, combining them (usually with veggies or a bit of meat), adding spices and microwaving the whole bowl. That's dinner. Lunch is sandwich or salad. Breakfast is anything I can pull together in a hurry. "Snacks" (mini-meals) are either low-calorie processed b.s. or fruit. No meal is over 500 calories, no snack is over 150. This is nobody's model of a "perfect" diet but it's sustainable over the medium term and producing big results for now. And the key is I measure it all, drop it in an iPod app ASAP, and get exercise whenever I can stand it.
alright so what should i do about dinner then?

i can make my own meals so long as it is easy, just as long as its not to elaborate ill figure it out

Reaction score
10 pounds in 2 months is not bad, losing body fat is not done over night man, I lost 45 pounds in 1 year, and I ran like forrest gump man.... Nutrition is also very important, you can have a cheat meal once or twice a week, but if you really wanna lose fat you'll have to sacrifice fried foods and fast food.