Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What sport to get into?

someperson1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

When in college, is there any sport that generally makes a person "alpha?" I'm off to college soon and I'm wondering what sports i should join. I used to do track and stuff like that but haven't really been working on it for the past year.
I'm pretty good at basketball but i'd be pretty much impossible for me to make a team because of genetics (too short unfortunately lol).

Any recommendation on what kind of teams to join? And would it be too late to work on any sport im not familar with?

Actually what sport do you guys do mainly?

Last edited:

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cross country cycling!:D

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Reaction score
wrestling!!

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play Intramural dodgeball, basketball, and Co-Ed volley ball (shut it, this white boy can leap).

I don't recommend playing a sport for the simple goal of getting chicks or getting respect...Play a sport if it's something you truly enjoy doing. Follow this rule, and I think you'll be infinitely more satisfied in whatever you do.

drago

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soccer is not considered that manly in the US but it will make you develop a well-defined, lean physique. Play 3 times a week and you'll see results in a couple of months. Join an intramural team or, if you already know how to play, try out for the school team.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
I don't recommend playing a sport for the simple goal of getting chicks or getting respect...Play a sport if it's something you truly enjoy doing. Follow this rule, and I think you'll be infinitely more satisfied in whatever you do.
Amen....

If you can't find the happiness in beatin another full blooded male in competition then there's just somethin wrong with ya :p

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
cross country cycling!:D
Major bump! I love biking

Get into surfing if your near a beach, its super fun. I hear the chicks like it also:D

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My vote is mountain biking. You can get an excellent used mountain bike for peanuts (they don't hold value very well over the years) so you can buy one that's three or four years old at a great price and buy a helmet. That's all you need. Minor investment for a major workout and adrenaline boost.

Also, it's wierd but in college there really aren't any sports that keep you from being "alpha". I remember in high school how certain hobbies were looked upon as "gay" or "nerdy" or "retarded" or whatever, but it really shocked me when I got to college. Cause in college, people don't seem to judge you as much based on what you're in. You can join the choir, join the chess club, join model rocket club, and still pull the women cause for some reason in college, they care a lot less about what clubs you're in.

So like said above, do whatever you love or wanna try out (I suggest, however, mtn biking.)

Alexi

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about soccer, i usuall play that on weekends, it's greeat exercise and fun....sure it's not really the most macho sport, but hey...beats not doing anything.

Billiards isn't really considered a sport, but you should llook into it. It's more of a past-time like bowling. Me and my friends play pool a couple times a week...we all love it. You just need patience, concentration, good aim, good stance, and a good stroke to play the game. Learn to love the game.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why do you guys think that soccer is a sport for queers?! here in italy, it's usually the tough guys that play soccer... what is queer about a tackle that can break your leg?;)

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
All the bad acting in order to get a card is pretty queer.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfalexi
My vote is mountain biking. You can get an excellent used mountain bike for peanuts (they don't hold value very well over the years) so you can buy one that's three or four years old at a great price and buy a helmet. That's all you need. Minor investment for a major workout and adrenaline boost.
i actuly find that cycling is quite expensive. It depends how in to it you get, im in to it and seem to spend £300 a year sustaining it. But then again that includes cycling clothes and you could do with a track suit and some water proofs for a while and i do cross country so i tend to brake componenets on my bike or wear them out from time to time.

either way know one should be discouraged because you can just buy a fairly decent bike second hand for £200 just cycle and slowly build up. Ask in a bike shop for more tips like you should always remember to bring a tool kit and more importantly enough food and water.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
check_mate_kid_uk,

It seems to me that biking is really just a big initial investment (for the bike and initial other accessories that you want.) In order to just do it for fun, and not competition, you don't need the best of the best of anything.

So for instance, I myself bought a 3 year old bike still new in the box (it was "new old stock", just was never sold) for about 1/3 it's original price. And I wear whatever I have around the house (the only other biking equipment I bought was some bike gloves, and a helmet).

But once you have the gear, roads are free, mountains are free, so just get on it and go. My bike has nice components, and basically what I do is I ride it until something breaks, and THEN I buy an excellent replacement for it. So I don't upgrade everything at once, only when the original part breaks.

Alexi

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Golf is a sport for Don Juans. Learning to hit that little ball around can bring great opportunities. Here is a partial list:

1) Golf teaches you to be cool under pressure.

Some of us are hotheads and get bothered easily. Learning to maintain control is important. You don't want to blow up on a date in front of your woman when the waiter spills a bit of water on you, right?

2) Golf may provide opportunities in your career.

A lot of business deals and arrangements are made on the course. If you are not playing, you are being left out. Also, you could be running into other men on the course who could help you out. It is also a good way to measure the integrity, honesty, and personality of other men.

3) Golf makes the ultimate fun date.

If you are an average golfer and she is a beginner, she will be amazed at your abilities. Even better, go golfing with women who have never been. You can work in touching and witty lines all over the place when helping her with her swing.

When she finally hits that ball, she will feel a sense of empowerment and enjoyment. She will associate that feeling with you after the date is over. Even though you are no Tiger, you will be a golf pro in her mind.

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I LOVE golf actually, not as much as surfing though.

I've been golfing for a couple of years and just got my own set( i was borrowing my grandads.)