What should you do when a girl tries to make you jealous by talking about other guys?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this question comes up like once a week, but I can never find the threads again. And it hasn't happened to me (yet) but I know that this can be a girl's "trump card" to see how secure you are.

What should you do when a girl tries to make you jealous by talking about other guys/past boyfriends? And sex?

My reply would usually just be to laugh at her and change the subject. And if it's sex, I'll usually comment something along the lines of "talking about sex already? You girls are ALL the same!" with a grin on my face.

Please reply only if you've been in this situation and KNOW how to handle it.

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually when a girl brings up another guy around me, I just say "good for him." Cause simply I dont care about other guys and their relationship with her. Or another example is what happened to me in class the other day, this girl whos showing interest in me she said "I have a date coming up, Im excited" and I responded with "I had one last night" (which was true) and then less than 2 minutes later she invited me to predrink at her house before the bar this thursday;)

point is: dont let it get to you. always seem like you have a more exciting life.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend says that it's basically to make the man jealous. It's true unless it was a complete accident women brought up the subject of other men.

They want to see how you react. That alone will give them alot of information on what you are thinking ie have you oneitis etc.

loving

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are misconceiving the situation. She is talking about other guys around you because she likes you generally and wants to tell you what else she likes/dislikes in guys.

Generally this happens when you dont have your game up 100% and cannot give her what she needs naturally. Granted youre on these forums so you have something she wants! She is only trying to give u help.

david99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
What should you do when a girl tries to make you jealous by talking about other guys/past boyfriends?
"He sounds hot, whats his number?" ;)

Works for me. And usually changes the topic pretty quickly, or at least shifts its focus.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
loving said:
You are misconceiving the situation. She is talking about other guys around you because she likes you generally and wants to tell you what else she likes/dislikes in guys.

Generally this happens when you dont have your game up 100% and cannot give her what she needs naturally. Granted youre on these forums so you have something she wants! She is only trying to give u help.
I honestly never thought about this, but I have to say, this post is definetly accurate for those of you in relationships. Other than that, I'm not quite sure... but definte props to this ideology.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Yeah. When girls talk about sex with other guys in front of you, I've noticed a trend. In MOST cases, they really don't want to make you jealous and they really don't want to sound like slüts.

Actually, its usually an attempt at gaining approval.

Now whats wrong with your response to the girl talking about sex Vice?

I mean it really depends on the way you talk to girls. Whenever girls bring up their "conquests" with other guys around me I play the homo card and say, "oh my god I'm so jealous, I wanna hook up with this guy too!" It tends to work for me. But again its on your style.

Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Yeah. When girls talk about sex with other guys in front of you, I've noticed a trend. In MOST cases, they really don't want to make you jealous and they really don't want to sound like slüts.

Actually, its usually an attempt at gaining approval.

Now whats wrong with your response to the girl talking about sex Vice?

I mean it really depends on the way you talk to girls. Whenever girls bring up their "conquests" with other guys around me I play the homo card and say, "oh my god I'm so jealous, I wanna hook up with this guy too!" It tends to work for me. But again its on your style.
Haha the homo card works wonders. What about talking about your girl "conquests" in order to make them jealous and show that you also have options?

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
I know this question comes up like once a week, but I can never find the threads again. And it hasn't happened to me (yet) but I know that this can be a girl's "trump card" to see how secure you are.

What should you do when a girl tries to make you jealous by talking about other guys/past boyfriends? And sex?

My reply would usually just be to laugh at her and change the subject. And if it's sex, I'll usually comment something along the lines of "talking about sex already? You girls are ALL the same!" with a grin on my face.

You should run with it. It's fine to talk about it, this is your chance to demonstrate that sex is normal to you, and her having sex with other men is not going to phase you.

I personally have no problems with the girl I'm gaming having sex with other people, and actually encourage it. But I have a very strong frame that they jump into when interacting with me, what some of the guys in our local lair call a "sexual sanctuary". By framing that you are an easy going guy who is after a good time, and loves to please women, you are providing this sexual sanctuary for her so she'll be more comfortable with the idea of sex around you.

But then again, this is just me. I have no problems with her having sex with other guys, if you do, perhaps it's better to seem more disinterested.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Azudragon said:
Haha the homo card works wonders. What about talking about your girl "conquests" in order to make them jealous and show that you also have options?
Thing is, guys can lie, and girls know that.

When you say it to girls, its approval seeking behavior. so its a different case for guys.