Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What should I have done in this particular social setting?

Ragin_Asian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was catching up with some old friends from high school at this 21st. During the past few years we have all developed our own style of clothing, discourse, social setting, music etc, yet we are still good as friends. This party I went to was full of country hicks, ringers and cowboy wanabes and needless to say, I felt alone and different also because all my friends have fallen into this category (I am asian, dressin cool, wearin a mini-mohawk but not over the top. its the style ive developed because it suits me and i like it). Nonetheless still engaged and joked around with familiar faces n such.

One of the drunken patrons of the party, the father of one of my school buddies have just singled me out and started takin the piss out of me. He started it by walking passed and yelled out "Oh its f*ckin E.T. right here!!!" when he noticed me and my styled hair. He then came back later to throw more smart ass comments of which I ignored but then when I realised he wasnt going to go away I decided to play along and try to have a conversation with the old man. From there it was kinda going from bad to worse but i kept my body language up, EC on him and try not to play the weakling role. He then started questioning my nationality (sayin yea arent you like one of those japanese jockeys that ride horses down south? I am Filipino by the way) When I politely object to what he was saying he says something like, "oh well same thing". He was also rambling on bullriding, rodeos and all sorts of country cowboy bullsh*t that has clearly no link to me as if he was trying to show who is more superior. BUT, I played on to his frame and tried to be enthusiastic about it and having a laugh (Carnegie's famous book) but it was clear that he was out to insult me and putting on an attitude of "ur f*cked if u do, ur f*cked if u dont". He was very rude and drunk but I was in no position to make a scene and it would have made things very difficult.

This guy (he is about 50) is everyones favourite and quite a character. Everyone looks up to him. Most people joined in for a laugh but I've shut them down when they joined to have a go at me because I knew they were weaker and they're just sucking up to the old man, the mob mentality. There is only gonna be just me and the old man. I do muay thai and I could have easily just started a few fighting words and wipe him out in a few seconds but that would not have been wise. Every hick and farmer in the vicinity would have loved to jump me at that stage, cos I was just the stranger and he's everyone's mate. I have to admit he was very funny but when he gets out of line thats where I see red but I controlled every impulse I had.

All of the time we were interacting I played into his frame, tried to win him over without sucking up to him. I'm into winning friends (read dale carnegie's book). I never show no weakness into the conversation as well as showing enthusiasm and smiles. I never argued or try to prove he was wrong. I didn't wanna fuel the fire. I know this has nothing to do with picking up women but it is otherwise a social setting and a psychological toughening up and street cred experience. I mean if group of girls witnessed how a man is suppose to handle himself in this situation then they might see him on a brighter light and maybe something else. I could have been DJing a woman when this could happen and she needs to see if there is a real man inside me.

How else could I have played this situation. How would I have handled him and everyone else. Have I played this right? Should I have walked away or should I have just knocked him clean off his boots? I don't want to be seen or creep down to a beta or inferior male.

Can you fellow DJs enlighten me on this situation?

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dunno, sometimes situations are loose/loose.

Props on not being an a$shole about it, tho. It's nice to see someone who will be a genuinely nice guy, even if some drunk prick is being a jack@ss.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't take this kind of stuff to heart. You just happened to be in a place where people aren't very cultured. I come from such a place, except instead of cowboys we have fishermen and lumberjacks.

These guys are just ignorant and live ina very small world. They don't see past what they know, and it's not really their fault.

At the same time, no real man would find it cool to pick on someone for no reason in front of a crwod. He probably, secretly, felt insecure and was jealous that you were being you... Maybe he's a closet-f@g who feels he should beat up guys who look different... i dunno. Just a drunken *******, and you handled it well i'd say.

fvck 'em, I say.

He's a piece of sh!t and you're better then him...and he knew it