Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what protein shake are you drinking?

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
myprotein is rubbish, the whey is mediocre tasting and the prices are false, they charge you like 6-7 quid on the p&p and even then it takes 3/4 days to deliver. Much rather have £11.99 a tub from H&B with no waiting.

MM

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yungahdubz said:
Do you have to be of a a certain age to consume whey powder? I was in Holland and Barrat and tried buying some of the half price whey protein, and the woman behind the counter asked me if i was over 18 as drinking it could damage my kidneys. She wouldn't let me buy it when i told her i was 15.
she's daft, but stores can presumably restrict sales any way they want, especially to minors.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take the vitamin shoppe protein called "pro 24" in the chocolate flavor and it is decent. The vanilla was really good. Avoid the gnc strawberry at all costs! I've also had a lot of good protein from ON.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAMN you guys found some good deals, I pay over 30 bucks for a 5lb container of optimum nutrition, I'm gonna give the TRUEPROTEIN a try.

nice wizz-ork kidz !

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not happy with the way optimum nutrition prices have gone up! in may, i bought a 10lb double chocolate for 55ish dollars
now its at 80$!
WHATS GOING ON HERE!
definitely price has gone up way high

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
kickureface said:
im not happy with the way optimum nutrition prices have gone up! in may, i bought a 10lb double chocolate for 55ish dollars
now its at 80$!
WHATS GOING ON HERE!
definitely price has gone up way high
I know it's BULLSH*T! It's so fvcking expensive. Even with my 5% "discount" at BB.com it was 77 bucks. Seriously does anyone know a good site that offers Optimum Whey for cheap?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kickureface said:
now its at 80$!
supply and demand, bro. we've been talking it up too much.

so, to re-iterate, ON 100% whey is total crap, tastes like crap (especially the double chocolate) and doesn't work. i actually lost weight while drinking it. i started to feed the rest of the jug to my grandmother, who died, and then i fed the last of it to my dog, who also died. stay away from that stuff. :eek:

actually it's probably linked to food prices sky-rocketing. as goes the price of milk, so goes the price of whey...

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
supply and demand, bro. we've been talking it up too much.

so, to re-iterate, ON 100% whey is total crap, tastes like crap (especially the double chocolate) and doesn't work. i actually lost weight while drinking it. i started to feed the rest of the jug to my grandmother, who died, and then i fed the last of it to my dog, who also died. stay away from that stuff. :eek:

actually it's probably linked to food prices sky-rocketing. as goes the price of milk, so goes the price of whey...
LOL!!
i forgot, throttle, but what do you use?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a tub of ON chocolate i'm finishing off, planning to switch to true protein at some point. i don't rely very heavily on whey, though, just PWO or the occasional breakfast.

martinM.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Would adding fruit in the blender with the whey be ok? Or is that forbidden?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
martinM. said:
Would adding fruit in the blender with the whey be ok? Or is that forbidden?
Added fruit is great in post workout shakes. Two bananas is my choice. Sometimes I add blue berries.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what im drinking now:

2 scoops of whey isolate - strawberry
1 scoop of CEE
1 tsp of taurine
1 tbsp of glutamine

There's another scoop of something in it, but its more multipurpose.. its got small amounts of glutamine, creatine mono, arginine, alanine, etc. i bought it to fill in the nutritional gaps between the other supps.

taking it with a 1L of water(im off milk for a long long time now), 1 cup of oatmeal, and a bcaa.

as wolf says, adding fruit is a great idea.. im gonna have to start doing that.

edit:
Throttle said:
i started to feed the rest of the jug to my grandmother, who died, and then i fed the last of it to my dog, who also died. stay away from that stuff.
good lord

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy cow Quick! That is a crap load of supps.
Is that post WO, Pre, during or all three?
I'm tossing up between glutamine or creatine as my first supplement, I just can't decide.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it is a crapload.. most i've ever started taking really. Bought them after this latest setback, figured I could use all the help I can get for recovery.

I'd get creatine over glutamine, they both assist recovery but glutamine isn't much use 30 minutes before a workout.

And right now I'm taking it in the morning, and post workout. So on workout days itll be two servings and all other days just one.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Holy cow Quick! That is a crap load of supps.
Is that post WO, Pre, during or all three?
I'm tossing up between glutamine or creatine as my first supplement, I just can't decide.
I think I heard WBA say its one of those luxury supplements. Need to take a lot (maybe 10 grams?) to see an effect.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6816

^Gemma Protein Isolate Powder
This is very cheap, but it says in the description somewhere on the page:
"As dairy prices continue to rise, vegetable-based products like the new Gemma Protein will begin to change the protein industry." So I'm not sure if that's the reason why it's so cheap compared to the other products they sell.

http://proteinfactory.com/shop/product.php?productid=847&cat=1&page=1#tabs
http://proteinfactory.com/shop/product.php?productid=340&cat=1&page=2#tabs
^Here's some fairly cheap protein powder, but I'm not sure of its quality because it doesn't say much about it. Anyone tried these products before?

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1
^Lastly, I read some favourable reviews about this product called "Nitrean".
It's a blend of whey, casein and egg protein. But it is on the expensive side. Anyone else tried this as well (and knows somewhere they can buy it at a cheaper price?)

Last edited: