What motivates you?

MM92

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who on here finds it hard to motivate themselves to workout and gain muscle and/or lose weight? What keeps you motivated to improve?

secretasianman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm a pretty active person so i just motivate myself by seeing how i improved. If you're looking for motivation, you really need to find out why you want to workout. you want to look good at the beach? get better at sports? just be fit enough to handle any physical situation? Its not that hard to motivate yourself once you get into a groove. peoplse used to tell me this all the time, but i had a hard time believing it. Now that it's happened to me i can say its the truth.

MuscleReview

Banned
Reaction score
I just love to train in moderation (3x a week) and I've seen the benefits. I'm now 40 years old and I feel great. Sometimes I'll spend a few weeks getting extra intense and work on a specific goal (fat loss, etc). Other times I'll just stay in "maintenance mode" and train with less intensity.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That I don't want to be a fat fvck.
It's 2nd nature to be fit now.
If I have spare time, might as well be doing something productive.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate feeling and looking gross, so that motivates me to maintain reasonable level of bodyfat and musculature. Beyond that, the week to week grinde of improving my numbers on the big 4 lifts, is what keeps me in there erryday.

I've also adapted my cardio sessions to be useful for other kinds of learning, primarily through audiobooks.

JCRoberts

Reaction score
MM92 said:
Who on here finds it hard to motivate themselves to workout and gain muscle and/or lose weight? What keeps you motivated to improve?
I suppose it's just the feeling that working out gives me. After a workout, I feel energized. I feel healthier. If I don't work out for a long time, I feel fatigued. Working out is a must, for many reasons, and not only to look good. But it's also for health, confidence, energy, etc.

JC

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What keeps me motivated to lose weight? Every time I wake up with my arms asleep, followed by a couple days of weakness and joint pain. Type 2 diabetes is creeping up on me. The only way to avoid taking metformin every day is to keep losing the fat.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
girl making out with boyfriend .....is checking me out at the same time..lolz
but seriously i'm gaining more respect from other people...also gaining more confidence especially when i look at the guy in the mirror

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be better than those around me, it doesnt work only for the gym but for everything I do.

I dont believe in equality in any form, there are those who are above and those who are beneath and I simply dont accept to be beneath.

I would rather feel pain and work my ass off and get the lion share, than have a easy unchallenged life and settle for a mediocre position and an average quality life.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I motivate myself looking like videogame characters

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have no social life or anything else going for myself, i just train hard out of desperation to better myself, its the only way i know how