What kind of things do you guys get your girlfriends for their birthday?

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with my girlfriend 8 months, and her birthday is coming up soon. I have got her a card, a nice (not AFC) note, her favourite dvd, and I was considering buying her a piece of jewelry, but I don't want to go overboard.

Generally, what kind of gifts do you guys give your girlfriend? Mine is turning 24 soon.

Thanks.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw one of KarmaSutra's threads on the SNL skit "D.ick in a Box."
step 1. cut a hole the box
step 2. put your junk in the box
step 3. make her open the box.

LMAO!

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
I just saw one of KarmaSutra's threads on the SNL skit "D.ick in a Box."
step 1. cut a hole the box
step 2. put your junk in the box
step 3. make her open the box.

LMAO!
Yeah I lmao'd at at. I sent her the youtube link of that song and told her that's what I was getting her.

I decided I'd get her a decent camera, as she doesnt have one. No jewelry or anything like that, and no note, just a card.

sca_p

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend doesn't like it when people spend money on her or shower her with gifts, so for her last birthday I got her a Japanese pencil box (she loves stuff like that), cooked her dinner, and took her to the beach to eat it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am not big on b day presents. I am definatly not big on giving jewerly to a woman I am not married to who isn't my mom. my last GF asked me to buy her a ring and I laughed so hard I cried. that's not even an option.

i like to be original. the more original, the more she doesn't expect it the more she will like it.

Any girl I am just seeing/sexing, I usually just take her out to dinner, and don't put too much thought into it. My last GF however, the last REAL one at least, I know she likes italian food, so I made a 4 course meal from scrach, bought some nice wine, layed everything out on my patio (thank god her B Day is when it's not cold outside). So when she gets home, I had an outfit that I wanted her to wear (that I picked out, best of both worlds) laying on the bed, with a perfume set to match. We both like Jazz, so I went out and bought 3 new Jazz CD's that I really don't care for but I know she likes (i like old school jazz/swing, she likes new school jazz) and had it playing in the background. We ate, etc. Then when we were done I laid her down and gave her a FULL 2 hour body massage using some tips I got from a book I had bought and some oils I had bought from bath and body works. By the time I was done she was knocked out.

So to cap it was a 4 course AUTHENTIC itilian meal (which took me a month to learn how to cook the right way), an outfit that was not cheap (I could care less about the money but still) and was sexy enough to where she wanted to hit the club to show it off, 3 jazz cd's and a full body massage.

Why would I do something I can on an average night? what's the point of going out to eat? That's what I do about 3-4 times a week anyway. I thought about buying her some earrings, and I would have, but it was the principal of the matter.. no jewelry unless mommy or wife.

Doc Dogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always keep it simple for the first few birthdays I'm with a girl. Less is always more I believe and I never spend that much money on a birthday present.

It is the overall experience I provide that is the true gift. ;)

I'll usually make the card myself and put a little poem in it, maybe make an oragami rose out of a red napkin. Small gift, something like a photo frame with a nice picture of the two of us and some writing around the border saying some nice generic romantic stuff (all my girlfriends get this, so I hope they never meet each other :) )

I never cook dinner all by myself, instead I'll include her in it (just so I can get her dirty and have a laugh) and it usually ends up with some pretty raunchy behaviour and some unbelievably good sex on the floor. If I don't put my back out I'm not trying hard enough...Basically my goal is to provide her with an intense sexually charged evening in which she is the one being pleasured, I'm just there to do the pleasuring.