Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is THE best exercise to develop the pecs?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to get my pecs super big! I dont care about money or time or freeweights or machine or any of that crap. I want massive pecs, NOW! How?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What, right NOW?! Implants.

Otherwise, flat or incline/decline db press, incline/decline barbell press, boatloads of food, and patience. Give it a month to see some progress, give it six months to be filling your t-shirts out considerably more than before, give it a year to perhaps get another couple of inches of thickness there, 3-5 years of constant progress and food intake to get MASSIVE pecs.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a couple of years ago, i had average pecs and i started doing lots of pushups (100 a day or so every day) and after a couple of weeks, everyone in the restroom during physical education asked me how i pumped my pecs that much. anyway, i was 16, at that age you need to be a bit more ripped than average and you are considered muscular:)

anyway, with bench presses, you should start noticing considerable results after a couple of weeks, if you work hard and eat enough. after a couple of months, you'll be really content about yourself, but in order to get massive pecs you have to work out regularly for at least 9-12 months.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
for at least 9-12 months.
Depends what you mean by massive. What I call massive takes a good 4-5 years of training to achieve.

For your beach boy pecs maybe a year's all you need.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had problems with my pecs alot and the way which works best for me is incline db presses, alot of them. I can recommend dips leaning forward too. Don't abuse the weights, keep good form and they will start to grow. Mine are finally growing now. I'm so happy.

Along with the presses it's vital to do squats and deadlifts. It will pump those suckers full with GH.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao that dude with the implants looks like a freaking girl with makeup on.

So the only way for me to get huge awesomely massive pecs is hard work and paitence? WOOHOOOO LETS DO IT!

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Depends what you mean by massive. What I call massive takes a good 4-5 years of training to achieve.

For your beach boy pecs maybe a year's all you need.

yeah, but since he wants them now, i think he's referring to the surfer's look

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey not every dude in California is a board jockey. :D

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ye, incline/flat bench + db presses

i used to bench the same amount every week and couldn't break through, until i got a spot who'd help me on the last 3 reps til i absolutely couldn't press anymore. a lot of guides say it's wrong, but i gained about 10kg on my bench that i otherwise wouldn't have gained

Hoppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me bench pressing dumbells works the best. Having to keep them straight works your arms better, plus i can bring them down farther then i can a bar.

If your just starting off pushups is a good place to start.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pushups are great. Heres how to take it to the next level:

1. get 2 of those red bouncy rubber balls and do pushups with your hands on top of those. It seems to isolate your pecs a lot better.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pushups my arse.. when you can incline bench 500lbs for 10 you won't be worying about your pec size, how about working towards that?

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Push ups? You got to be kidding.

Heavy compound movements, like bench and dumbell presses. Pullovers and Dips also good. Heavy weights, 6-8 reps. Aim for 12-14 working sets, once a week.

Up your protein intake.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing is I don't feel my PECS getting flexed when I do incline movement. That seems to work more of the anterior delt then the pecs, but only slightly works the pecs when the bar is down fully.

As far as I've discovered, DIPS are the best exercise for the pecs.