Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is SELF-RESPECT?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, guys, it's time for us to forge a new path for ourselves. It occurs to me that this subject of self-respect needs discussion.

What is self-respect, and why is it so important to being an actualized man? What is your own definition of self-respect?

Is it necessary for good game? For life in general?

How do women perceive a man with self-respect? How does she act toward him? Does she value other things above self-respect, or is that the pinnacle of manhood?

What are some ways for a man to develop his self-respect? What are some ways he can convey self-respect to others?

Everyone is welcome to join in here. Let's explore this topic fully and harness and utilize it to our advantage.

Last edited:

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ways to convey self-respect

1. Be Decisive- Noone likes someone who isn't decisive.

2. Be Honest- Never lie. Be consistent. If you say your going to do something then do it.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Adding to PrettyBoyAJ's post:

3.Be Healthy - Take care of your body and mind.

4. Be Gregarious - Have the capacity to love unconditionally.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definition: In the hierarchy of "respect," YOU hold first precedence.

For the true DJs, self-respect is the golden rule. The real question is in how many of us does the above hold true?

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He who has self-respect is the one who avoids feeling like sh!t.

What I mean is this:
1. Say you have to do a project. Will you work consistently and with dedication, even if you don't really like the project, or will you procrastinate until the last moment when guilt and panic ensue?
2. Your body could use some attention: grooming, hitting the gym or any other kind of improvement. Will you do those or will you stay in a miserable shape? Not having time is not an excuse because we all waste time in one way or another.
3. You could publish a book with your TODO list. Do you start doing those tasks or will you begin tomorrow / at 5 o'clock / when you "have the time"?
4. You have some time off. Will you waste the days in bed, watching TV or surfing the net or will you do something that challenges your mind or body?
5. Do you live by the rules of others or do you govern your own life?
6. Do you stand by your decisions? Do you trust yourself? Or do you turn into chicken-sh!t whenever responsibility hits you?

Each of these questions has two possible answers; one leads to sh!tty states, the other signifies self-respect and leads to greatness. People notice whatever your answer is and treat you accordingly.

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't go out of your way to please and don't do complicated favors if you didn't get anything at all. especially if it is not important

hint: important means her life or safety or large sums of money hang in the balance. if none apply, don't do the favor

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't depend on a woman for happiness in your life.

You are NEVER afraid to walk away. This is in my opinion is probably of the most importance. If you are afraid of losing her you will forever be walking on egg shells and never truly be happy.

You don't tolerate disrespect from others and stand your ground.

You take care of yourself both mentally and physically.

And lastly, you are a MAN, you lead the way, and take charge.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-respect is speaking up in class when you have a thought or opinion

Self-respect is not beating yourself up for mistakes. They are a-part of life.

Self-respect is patting yourself, literally, on the back after typing up a long paper or finding out you got a B+ on a tough exam.

Self-respect is telling your neighbors, repeatedly if you have to, to turn their bass down and you don't care if "everyone else is doing it".

Self-respect is trying your best to treat others the way you'd like to be treated. I know that may sound cliché but it's alarming how many people don't even consider it.

Self-respect is getting a good night’s sleep the night before a busy day.

Self-respect is telling your parents you love them

idk, my 2 cents.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about self-respect is about how people can use lines like "Don't you have any self-respect" to shame people doing an undesirable act. So IMO most people use self-respect as a tool or measure of morality, standards, or really any value deemed important. And you can see this from pretty much every response to this thread.

But the thing is we as people tend to put our own views of what self respect is onto other people and if it seems like they are not following these views they "do not respect themselves". True self-respect comes from within; you can't follow other peoples' expectations of what self-respect is, you have to come up with your values and decide to follow up on them. Only then do you have "self-respect"

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-Never settle. This is especially true in relationships. If you know what you want, don't settle for anything less than.

-Have opinions/beliefs and stick to them. Don't change them around a hot chick to try and force a connection with her.

-Walk away when you feel disrespected. Understand the point of a relationship where it is no longer salvagable and just move on.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
MisterD said:
-Walk away when you feel disrespected. Understand the point of a relationship where it is no longer salvageable and just move on.
True, and the art is navigating the fine line between when to walk away and this bit of advice:

"Don't give up too early because she is going through a 'Why not' moment." (Louis/Copeland).

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, if you don't respect youself don't expect others to respect you! It's common sense! The most important thing in being a man is stand for what you believe! In order to stand you have to make to your self clear that this represents you and so forth you respect it! If you believe for example that you must not let a woman step all over you then you shouldn't let her! Otherwise you simply don't respect yourself!

No one can ride your back! Unless it's bent!

ImWithTheDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
you gotta love yourself. If you can't then make the changes necessary so that you do. No person is above you and none below you. Treat everyone with the same respect as you would treat yourself. Be honest and have integrity in everything that you do.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Knowing no one is above you and few are equal. Fake that mindset till its true.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-respect is asking what Love Shogun would do, and then promptly smacking yourself for not being man enough to make your own decisions and learn from your own mistakes.

Word up!

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of great factors of self respect here.

Self respect is about picking yourself up when you realize you're falling behind or making no progress towards your goals.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How to respect yourself

Self respect is recognizing and acknowledging your existence, and thus your right to an opinion and choice.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Dante1a

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a guy whose both had it, lost it and has regained it:

Self respect is you choosing "what's best" in life and going for it. Whats more, it is also about not being pushed off the path (accepting less, dropping our own values) by someone else: Women, friends, family, enemies.

* Be who you are, choose the best, go for it, don't get distracted, be proud of who you are.

I for one know that the moment I started actively pursuing what I wanted in life, my self respect (and self esteem) exploded like a powder keg. Never again will I allow it to falter like it had before. Never again..