Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is responsible for turning guys in AFC

inzone50

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is responsible for turning guys in AFC?

I was never an afc. i've always had a me-first attitude, so i guess that helped.

But what turns so many guys into being afc? Is it the media, tv, the way they were raised?

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the feminist movement + all of the above... In my opionion

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a man who is not close to uniteing his dreams to what he lives every day, looses confidence in ones self and then starts to point to how bad, shallow and unfair the world is.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one big factor i think are divorces, and children who are raised by single mothers. Mothers rear children to become good providers, not good at selecting mates.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably the rise of feminism and it's belief that male domination is no different than white supremacy. Men then became ashamed of their maleness and thought it to be "offensive" to assert male sexuality to women.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Speaking as an AFC, my personal reasons lie in an overbearing mother, and pervasive teasing and harassment throughout school which fed my insecurities further.

a man that is smart enough to understand the underlying problems for being the way he is, is smart enough to fix them, therefore in the end has no one to blame but himself

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
a man that is smart enough to understand the underlying problems for being the way he is, is smart enough to fix them, therefore in the end has no one to blame but himself
that's nice armchair psychology, but it's not always that simple.

I'd mostly blame the feminization of our society, and the demonization of masculinity. It doesn't help that boys aren't raised by men anymore (even if they have a father).

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
that's nice armchair psychology, but it's not always that simple.

I'd mostly blame the feminization of our society, and the demonization of masculinity. It doesn't help that boys aren't raised by men anymore (even if they have a father).

I agree... just because you know what the problem is doesn't mean you know how to fix it.

Of course there are also a lot of people who, if they can't find an imediate solution, just give up.

On top of that, even if you do know the solution it may take years to fix the problem. It's like being fat: a person doesn't get fat overnight and they won't get in shape overnight either.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mostly reject the "It's Feminism!" argument because it's not particularly empirical. I do, however, love to consider such issues from an evolutionary vantage point. After all, we are, first and foremost, animals largely driven by primitive animal instincts with rationality being a relatively new invention. I would venture to guess the answer lies in technology and the stabilization of society.

No longer are we threatened by lions and no longer must we come face-to-face with zebras to alleviate our daily anxiety of where our next meal will come. When you see people pray before a meal, remember the ritual originated from literally having to be thankful to some imaginary god for allowing you to have food. Lifespans have astronomically soared thanks to the marvels of modern medicine. Also, for the most part, we also no longer face wars, foreign invasions, and the Klu Kux Klan. Instead, now, our society freaks out when a serial killer murders a handful of people out of milions, over years, which is horrible but nothing compared to threats of the past. Turn on the television news and there's amost always some new scare-of-the-week. I wouldn't be suprised if next week it's "dangerous" to sit in a chair.

With most threats sanitized, naturally society would then turn towards postmodern philosophy and systematically question the validity of gender roles, both biologically and interpersonally/socially. 'Why are guys be such asswholes?" "Why can't women have career and family life?" Naturally, androgyny arises.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Most of us here in this forum are the kids of the eighties, we all grew up watching TV.
And TV taught us how to be AFC's, watching news, shows and movies.

When TV is your only source of information about the world, you become molded to whatever "they" want you to do or act.

If "they" want you to be Afraid of a certain group people, then they create more shows to make you afraid and angry.

Parents also take responsibility for allowing this influence there own kids, while at the same time they are being influenced as well.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of us here in this forum are the kids of the eighties, we all grew up watching TV.
And TV taught us how to be AFC's, watching news, shows and movies.

When TV is your only source of information about the world, you become molded to whatever "they" want you to do or act.

If "they" want you to be Afraid of a certain group people, then they create more shows to make you afraid and angry.

Parents also take responsibility for allowing this influence there own kids, while at the same time they are being influenced as well.

But if you are smart enough to realize this, and you still watch countless of hours of TV and do nothign about it.. who is really at fault? TV?

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say guys turn into AFC. Its not like guys are born DJ's and turn into AFC's. They are just born and develop into AFC's because thats all they know.

Guys are born, and if they're parents are married while growing up...they see the AFC festival that is marraige day in and day out. And most kids who's parents are split up, grow up with their mom's (who are all tired of the ******* players, thus they brainwash their sons into thinking AFC is the way to go).

The parental situation is coupled with movies and tv shows which depict the hopeless chump males trying desperately to keep the all-knowing, almighty goddesses happy. Finally, we are bombarded with a calendar filled with all manner of what can best be described as, "Kiss Somebody's Ass, Be Nice, and Buy People ****" days. Valentines, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and birthdays.

Mr_Aries

Don Juan
Reaction score
Feminism, left wingers, insecurities, the media portraying how "romance" occurs (this is bull****), upbringing. If you ask me, alot of Western countries are becoming too feminine. I can't imagine alot of 20-30 year olds around my area signing up in WW2.