Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is reality??

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeeez, there are so many 'truths' when it comes to bodybuilding and getting in shape. I am having a hard time distinguishing the truth from the absolute garbage, not on this forum but im talking about the internet in general.

All the routines on the internet promise results as long as you keep "an open mind" and just give it a try, well thats not going to work for me, i dont want to try out every tactic on the internet to find out which one actually works best.

Diesel seems to know his ****, but maybe he is diluded too? I just cant tell the gold from the ****.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have to keep journals on your training so you know what works for you.

as to what works for you, you have try it all out. I've already done that, and my GUIDES are saving you a shytload of guesswork. Ignore them at your peril.

DJLiquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much everybody reacts to routines and diets differently...what works for me may not necessarily work for others....it is best to try different workout routines and diets...and keep a journal of your gains....in time you will find the routine and diet that works best for you....

-DJLiquid

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No one program is going to be "best"

You have to tailor it to how your body responds. And when you finally find what does work best for you...it suddenly stops working. Your body adapts and you have to change it all to get progress again. Keep a journal so you can evaluate effectively.

As far as universal truths, IMO in order of importance:

1) Diet is key for all body types and levels of fitness. You build muscle with your fork, not with a bar.

2) Use low reps and lift heavy.

3) Compound movements build more mass and improve cardiovascular performance better than isolation movements.

4) Muscle develops during your rest periods. Don't lift more than 4 times a week, EVER, and make sure you get enough sleep.

5) Never do cardio and lifting on the same day.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5) Never do cardio and lifting on the same day.
This is not true at all if you're cutting. When cutting w/o anabolics, you are going to have to eventually up the cardio to 4-5x a week to get into the single digits of bodyfat.

I think better advice would be to wait at least 6 hours b/w lifting and cardio on the same day. I personally wait 8 hours. Ideally, you lift first then do cardio - making sure to get high-GI carbs and whey immediately after each workout.

I've used this successfully w/almost no loss of muscle mass when cutting.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
Jeeez, there are so many 'truths' when it comes to bodybuilding and getting in shape. I am having a hard time distinguishing the truth from the absolute garbage, not on this forum but im talking about the internet in general.

All the routines on the internet promise results as long as you keep "an open mind" and just give it a try, well thats not going to work for me, i dont want to try out every tactic on the internet to find out which one actually works best.

Diesel seems to know his ****, but maybe he is diluded too? I just cant tell the gold from the ****.

Theres a lot of crap written by a lot of poseurs.

Keep it basic, and dont take into anything that seems too good to be true.

Stick to BASIC COMPLEX exercises, train for about an hour or so at a HIGH WORKOUT LEVEL (meaning, you are training, not talking or daydreaming..this is like your job and your gym is ur office), make sure your filling up your body continually thru the day with good protein, carbs, and veggies, and dont turn into a poseur who thinks he can go the easy route by just doing a bunch of pushups and situps

NO EASY ROUTE!