Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is love to you?

Do you believe in love?

• Total voters

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so I'm gonna keep this short & simple: :rockon:

Using as little words as possible, describe what "love" is to you (Even if you don't believe in it)

Reason for me making this thread is to just get a general idea of the mindset of our fellow forum members regarding this topic.

I'll give an example of the type of answer I'm looking for:

"Love is when two people come together in this world and work as a team to become better & stronger than any of them could be individually."

"Love is sharing a strong bond with another person and genuinely wanting the best for the other person."

"Love is a mindset that reflects compassion, understanding, compromise, care, consideration, and last but not least, teamwork."

"Love is when two people who are compatible choose to face face this world & everyone in it, together & share in life's pleasures, miseries, experiences, & everything in between."

Okay, so there are 4 examples for you to work with to get an idea of what I'm looking for more or less.

Knock urselves out :)

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes love exist. Its one half of the duality of life. The other half is fear. Refer to echkart tolle and manly p hall on the definion of love.

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
half the people on this forum don't seem to be interested in love ethough. it's always about "how do i bang this chick!" or "just had sex with this chick!"

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People generally use love to describe two related, but VERY distinct ideas.

1) Emotional Love
This is that feeling in the pit of your stomach that you get. A combination of hormones and mental anxiety (otherwise known as "chemistry") focuses your mind on a particular target.

This, for me, is the love I force myself to ignore unless the girl is worth it. She rarely is.

Furthermore, you can only be fully aware of your OWN experience with emotional love. There is no way to directly plug into a girl's mind to know she feels this around you. She can SAY it, and if you're good at what you do, she'll probably be telling the truth - but still, you won't know how much or exactly when without at least some sleuthing, guesswork, and overall DJ prowess - you'll only "know" what she tells you. Tread carefully.

Doc Love said it best - your interest level in her has NOTHING to do with her interest in you. Your ACTIONS dictate how she feels about you, not your EMOTIONS.

2) Actuated Love

This is more practical. Actuated love is what you DO, and what the other person DOES to prove that they actually care about you. Grabbing the check once in a while. Buying a bottle of wine for an occasion. Celebrating an achievement. Putting together your birthday party. Making you a nice meal after you've had a long day. Not whining. Sticking up for you. A giver, rather than a taker. Doing right without being asked. That kinda thing.

This is what I look for - whenever I date a girl who I feel might have ANY long term potential, these are the things I look for most.

See, most inexperienced types pay attention to words and all that bullsh*t. They confuse the description of a feeling with the feeling itself, and then associate the WORDS with what causes those feelings. This is why the "confession of love" speech has become such a trope in modern literature. It's bullsh*t, because words are nothing without a history of actions.

It's true there are smooth talkers out there. Chances are, they also have a lot of achievements and loving ACTIONS behind those words. Make sure you do the same.

Emotional love directs actuated love, which in turn (in the right circumstances and with the right pair/group of people) creates more emotional love.

In short, yes, I do believe in love.

However, you can love many people at many different times, and as we grow and change, what we feel for a person can also grow and change. The feelings can either converge even more, or diverge. It happens. Note, though, that I'm not saying that divergent love (love ending after a while) necessarily has to end in ugly breakups or divorces. If that happens, then I would say the two people should have been able to see it coming and should have had the spines to break it off before it became a fight.

There are 6 billion people on the planet NOW. Billions have lived before us. In every generation, there will have been thousands you could have been happy with in the right circumstances, only you'd never met them, or you weren't born yet, or you already died.

The point is, MAKE your opportunities, and BE READY for when you need to make sacrifices. And be DAMN sure it's worth it before you do.

Mind-blowing "beyond the game" words of wisdom for master DJs only:

Remember that "Emotional Love" I had just spent the last post trashing as useless sentiment? Well, guess what - that's the sensation that makes it all worth it in the end. I mean, honestly, if you're a Master DJ, why would you do all this work for someone you DON'T feel that way about?

The key, and we always have to hammer this into the new people, is that you don't let the things you know about yourself magically become the things you know about her, because your interest level in her has NOTHING to do with her interest in you.

Energy25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ask people here about love. All they care about is sex. It's kind of sad to be honest.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's how I look at love. A lot of people feel compelled for one reason or another that they have to classify and categorize the different types of love. A lot of people would like you to believe there are differing kinds of love like Agape, Erotic, Fraternal, Parental, etc., this is nonsense. Love is universal, and all these types and descriptions and qualifications are really only referring how this love is expressed. They are differing behaviors with the same motivator.

For instance, I love my daughter, my mother, my best friend, and my wife, but I only ƒuck my wife. I express love in many different ways to those I do love, but the motive is the same. In the converse, in my past, I have had sex with women that I never loved. That's a behavior separate from a motive.

'True' mutually reciprocative love is actually far more commonplace than most people imagine, but if it's not portrayed as some rare find in life then no one gets to sell self-help books, romantic comedies or gets excused from cheating on their spouse with their mythical "one true soulmate".

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
Great song, but you answered a question, with a question :cool:

As for love, the only kind I've been able to experience is family love. From and to parents, grandparents etc. The kind of love that is unconditional, you didn't have to do anything to get it, and is would be somewhat difficult to lose.

I have yet to fall in love with somebody or have them fall for me.

So that kind of love doesn't really exist in my world. At least, not yet.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is a series of chemical processes and physiological responses developed over 150,000 years of evolution designed to propagate our species and sustain desirable characteristics in our population.

Romantic love is designed to make us procreate in order to create more of our species.

Love of children is designed to make us desire to protect our investment and genetic traits which we have passed down.