Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is DJ'ing really about

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is DJ'ing really about?

When I first heard the term "DJ", it was portrayed as the type of guy who is just out to get as many girls as possible, in other words a "playa" or Pimp. Also someone who just plays games with woman and uses tricks or sleazy techniques to get a girl in bed with him.

However, after browsing the forums for a few weeks I discovered there is a lot of good advice here as well. A lot about building confidence and improving yourself as a person overall (physically, socially, mentally and all that). That is something I would really like to do!

Also I'm considering trying the ****y&Funny type approach that seems to be the popular DJ tactic used for interacting with women.

But I'm not 100% the WHOLE DJ thing is really for me. First of all, I'm not interested in being one of the "playa" types who numbers of 500 different girls and is always trying to have as many simultaneous relationships as possible. Really I only want a relationship with one girl (although I might casually "date" a few before becoming official BF with one)
Secondly, I'm a Christian--not a radical, religious zealot whose always preaching at people--just a casual guy who believes in God and goes to church every now and again and tries to maintain good morals. Therefore, I do want to save sex until I'm sure I'm with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with or at least someone I geniunely LOVE (I know this might be very Un-DJ like, but that's how I was raised and for now--that's how it's going to be)

So I really want to know what the whole DJ thing really encompasses--because some parts of it I like and other parts are quite foreign to me. All I know is if I decide to use C&F, it will be a total flip-flop for me. I've always tried to be the friendly, accomodating, polite, never offending or upset-you kinda guy.

p.s. Right now, I'm considering investing in the Doubleyourdating line by David D. However, what do you think is the best or a better investment for being socially adept around woman. IF DYD really is one of the best--I would love to hear some testamonials!

Last edited:

RockstarPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best investment that you can make is going out into the real world and talking to women.

Everywhere and anywhere.

Surround yourself with women.

David D's programs are awesome but it won't help you unless you truely committ to it and get out and practice in the real world.

This DJ stuff isn't about being a player. Thats being a PUA (pick up artist). That is what I am.

Regardless, this place is about self improvement. You can be whatever you want to be.

If you want a girlfriend thats awesome. We all do at some point in time. To get a girlfriend is the same thing as getting a girl to go home with you from a bar for a one night stand. You need game.

You need to be confident, ****y and funny, completly un-needy, funny and calm.

Hope I've helped.

~Rockstar

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This DJ stuff isn't about being a player. Thats being a PUA (pick up artist). That is what I am.

Regardless, this place is about self improvement. You can be whatever you want to be.

its good you admit that.

if you are a pua..wat knowledge are u finding helpful for yourself here?

RockstarPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
its good you admit that.

if you are a pua..wat knowledge are u finding helpful for yourself here?
I'm going to be completly honest here...

Nothing has really been helpfull for me on this board. There are so many of the same AFC posts that were here when I was on the board before (under the user name Ronin). That is the reason why I left in the first place...

Sosuave was the starting point for me. It gave me the confdence and a general understanding of how not to be a wuss. Now I don't really hang around the communities that much except for the Vancouver Lair. There is so much more to learn by doing it (sarging) than you could ever learn through reading.

The reason why I am back is simply because I wanted to drill into the minds of some of you guys that the only way to become successfull with women is to get out and approach women. I still recieve the Dj newsletter and every one is all about learning more material and this tactic and that tactic.

What these guys really need is to go through the same process that I have been going through. Surrounding yourself with women by approaching, making friends and gaining real world first hand expearience with them.

It will be nerve-racking but you will learn so fast what women find attractive and this will become a part of your personality. You will become one of those natural guys that you see around.

~Rockstar:)

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rockstar... did anyone ever tell you you sound like you're trying to sell something?

You'd make a great door to door salesman. You'd even keep the "they unleased the Doberman on me" to a minimum.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first came here years ago, before I even registered, I had the same mindset of wanting just 1 special girl, so naturally I wanted to learn what I had to to get her.

Of course as my journey progressed I learned a lot about women, and also about myself. I learned good techniques, yes, but I think my inner game stuff was far more important. Because if you get your own act together, the rest of the things will follow naturally.

Now, as far as David DeAngelo goes, I think me getting his material several months ago was a major boost in the right direction.

I would HIGHLY Recommed his Advanced Dating Techniques program, which is his basic seminar. Once you get it, watch it or listen to it at least 5 times before you make any judgements about it. Yeah, its 12 hours long so it will take a long time to watch that many times, but everytime you do you will catch something new.

The idea is to get this stuff drilled into your head, and believe me it makes a big difference.

Also don't put it off like some people, watch at least 1 2-hour video per day, dont be one of those "i'll listen to 10 minutes a day" people, you really need the commitment to get into the flow things and really understand it.

So yeah, David DeAngelo's stuff is a GREAT place to get started. It has made a big difference for me as well.

Now about getting many girls, I realized that to have the skills to get that 1 special girl you want, you will have to date a lot of women and refine your skills. You can ONLY get good with practice, so even if you watch the video 5 times and read all the stuff you can online, you will not get good until you've tried out the material for yourself many times.

That's why its important to go through at least a stage where you are seeing a lot of women, so that once you are past that stage and you do meet a special girl, you will have the skills you need to get her.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, after browsing the forums for a few weeks I discovered there is a lot of good advice here as well. A lot about building confidence and improving yourself as a person overall (physically, socially, mentally and all that). That is something I would really like to do!
Pick the best stuff, stuff that works, and leave the rest. Nobody's going to point your life in a certain direction. That is your job. Some are here to get laid, some are here to find a LTR. It's their choice, and most of the stuff here will help you achieve either goal.

Really I only want a relationship with one girl (although I might casually "date" a few before becoming official BF with one)
You'll have to date lots of women before you find one that's decent for the long haul.

Therefore, I do want to save sex until I'm sure I'm with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with or at least someone I geniunely LOVE (I know this might be very Un-DJ like, but that's how I was raised and for now--that's how it's going to be)
That means you'll be limiting your choices to women who follow your religion. If you don't fvck a non-religious girl within two months, you're gonna be dumped.

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright! Great replies so far! I do like Rockstar's suggestions. Right Now I think a good starting point would be to just be around woman a lot more--even just as friends.

To be honest (and this is embarrasing to admit) I've never really dated a woman or even had a GF before. I think the fact that I'm shy and don't know how to approach women in addition to just never being in an enviroment with single woman are probably the 2 BIGGEST factors.

So I have 2 more questions. First, how should I deal with this when approaching woman. I'm sure it's good not to mention it until your in very serious relationship. Also, I find there are various advantages and disadvantages to this. What do you think?

ALso, since Rockstar suggests surrounding yourself with woman, what are some good ways to go about doing that? I believe I've made the first small step of progress by going out to bars and such and trying to get up the nerve to actually talk to women. But I would appreciate some better suggestions (loud music makes it rather difficult to have a conversation). Perhaps "sarging" would be something I should undertake.
What does that involve exactly?

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
You go to church, right? Start there. If anything, you're going to find a woman who understands you much better in your religion than in a bar.
Yeah, I agree there. Right now it seems all the girls at church our taken, or not someone I'm interested in. But I could always go to different groups and meet different people--there has got to be single people somewhere.

As for the whole bar thing, I'm really just using that to practice my social skills and "game" with people I will probably never see again and therefore not worry about what they think of me.

anyways, I like the advice I'm getting so far. Anymore would be appreciated

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Beind a "DJ" is about being the best Man you can be, inside and out. I dont think it has anything to do with being a "playa" or "pimp", although...the result of being a real Man may allow for one to be capable of pursuing the title of "pimp"/"playa".

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but you may find Anti Dump's "machine" compatible with your goals. I'm sure his posts are archived somewhere here . . .

john_x

Don Juan
Reaction score
being a dj is about mixing music,, makes me laugh when you endless talk about dj'ing,

rockstar88

Don Juan
Reaction score
the worst place to live when you reall want to be
DJ's arent really players there people who are confident in themselves and the **** on hear can work for more than just getting the numbers of girls you want to bed. it's good for learing how to interact all together, be a better leader, boss, employee, have more fun in life. thats what a dj is. Like the Don of a Mafia. He's the leader, He's incharge, He's articulate. Some of us use it to get a ton of pussey others use it to just to get ahead of the rest in the social situations. This stuff has helped me mold myself into a more confident person in everything not just with numbers. I would defently recomend staying around and atleast taking part in the Don Juan discussion forums

RockstarPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Good post.

I've been learning recently that this inner game stuff is so much more applicable than just with women. I focus on the woman PUA aspect of this DJ stuff but there have been many other posative byproducts aswell.

Its usefull for getting girls, making friends, business, school, or in any encounter in society that you have with another person. :)