what is "bad" about being a nice guy?

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i see myself as a nice guy as in i do things/favors for other people if im not busy; more specifically giving females rides to places sometimes since i have a car. One of my guy friends says this is called being taken advantage of. So what is bad about doing nice things like that for people? I don't get things in return most of the time from these females that i give rides to and i guess that is the problem. So how do i go about saying NO the DJ way?

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with it if they're your friends, if you want to take it further then you're going to have problems. As for saying no, just say "actually I am busy right now, hope you can find another ride." do NOT apologize for being busy, whether you're busy or not is irrelevant.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
should be reciprocated though if they are friends, tell them to do some sh1t for u too. If they decline, they are just using you and therefore aren't your friends at all.

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's also a difference between doing it because you enjoy being nice vs. doing it because you think it's gonna get you in their pants. Obviously, being a girl's chauffeur isn't gonna get her to be attracted to you, but it doesn't really matter if that's not the effect you're going for.

The DJ does things because they make him happy. It takes a slight bit of selfishness.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eh i told a girl yesterday that i was headed to the store today to by some food and she could come with me but then she hit me up today and i basically ignored her....

how can i get them to do things for me in general though?

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
You know being nice is doing things without expecting anything back, right?

it doesn't mean let people take advantage of you, but don't do things for people just because you want them to do something for you too. That's not being nice, that just being sneaky

Just because you give them rides doesn't mean they'll jump at the chance to give you one too, but when you need help you'll see how the true people are who appreciate what you do, because they'll be there for you

As for being a tax cab. if it's out of the way, I usually request Gas money. That sh1t ain't cheap. then they'll be doing something for ya

Don't let people walk over you, and learn to say no. Honestly if you don't want to drive these girls around then don't offer lol.

I'm a nice guy myself, but I don't let people take advantage of me. if they don't at least show some thankfulness or grow to expect being helped all the time then it's time to cut the service loose