Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a "shyt test"?

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
A "shyt test" is basically anything an entitled individual involved in the cult religion of game calls any negative response they feel the must "pass" in order to "overcome the obstacle" in their path of getting what they want, their way, or feel they deserve.

Chicks who are genuinely interested in a man don't test him. Instead, they go along with him and make things easy for him. In other words, when a chick likes you and wants to get with you she doesn't try to throw up obstacles, such as "tests".

If a chick thinks you're acting like a weirdo and calls you out on it it's not a "shyt test" it's her telling you to stop being a friggin weirdo.

If a chick isn't interested it's not a "shyt test" she just isn't into you for whatever reason. Just like you don't "shyt test" chicks you have no interest in.

If a chick is moody, a bytch, etc. it's not a "shyt test" she's either in a bad mood, on her period, or just a bytch not giving you "shyt tests" for you to jump through hoops to "pass".

An extension of this is the belief that women shyt test you because they are attracted to you, and they just need to make sure you are the real deal. This is nonsense because women who are attracted don't generally want to fvck up their chances with you by giving you a hard time. However, if you act weird or confrontational then she might respond in kind by giving you what appears to be a shyt test. This illustrates the following faulty logic: A woman is attracted to you. You act weird or confrontational. Result, she tests you. Therefore, women who are attracted shyt test you.

PUAs say that if a woman isn't shyt testing you then she isn't into you. Let's look at this one more closely. Let's say I'm a PUA and a girl is not testing me or giving me a hard time. I then conclude that she isn't interested in me (yet). So what I do is reach into my bag of tricks and start doing ****y-funny, teasing or whatever. As a result she starts giving me a hard time (shyt test), but not because she's becoming attracted, but because I'm acting weird and she's reacting negatively to that. But I just figure she's becoming attracted, so I keep at it. Eventually she just walks away. And from that I conclude that I failed her shyt tests. I then go back to the drawing board feeling that I made some progress because I did manage to attract her after all, and I just need to polish my shyt-test-passing competency skills. But what really happened was that she saw me as a weirdo and I alienated her with my behaviour. The truth is that she might have liked me and that's why she wasn't testing me or giving me a hard time to begin with. But I interpreted that as a lack of attraction and started doing things which I thought would attract her. But it just drove her away.

Consider that "PUAs" often say that the best reaction to a shyt test is to ignore it. In other words, pretend it doesn't exist, and then the situation will right itself. There is in fact an important clue in this statement. If the best reaction to something is to act like it doesn't exist, then maybe the reason for that is because it doesn't exist to begin with. Why test someone who is seemingly unaware they are being tested, and then reward them for their ignorance? Remember, evolution takes the most economical path, and such testing could never exist.

If a woman likes you and wants to get with you, and assuming you act normal, she will never "test" you. That's all there is to it.

But if it happens that a woman is genuinely "testing" a man, then she is screening not for alpha men, but for approval seekers, since only an approval seeker would care about passing tests. But this is hardly normal female behaviour. It is the behaviour of an abnormal woman who is likely just trying to push a man's buttons in order to get the (possibly angry) reaction she is seeking, because that excites her. This type of behaviour tends to screen for abusive men who have little or no control over their emotions.

The other possibility is that some women give men a hard time because they themselves have issues, possibly stemming from their inability to enjoy intimacy. And if you do manage to push through their resistance you will find the sex to be very lacking, and your time together filled with drama and bullshyt. This further proves that shyt testing is not real because there is no real "reward" for passing these "tests". The best sex and company is with women who don't test or give a hard time.

Also keep in mind that the shyt test concept has the potential to boost women's ego. Women who already think highly of themselves will tend to embrace the idea that men have to pass their tests. This fits well with their world view that they are the prize and that they are above criticism for their actions. In their mind, "I'm not being a bytch. I'm just testing to see how much of a man he is". Nobody with a life and solid self esteem has time for that nonsense let alone trying to pass a "test" where the "reward" is jumping through hoops and drama.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
What's your point exactly?
Point being there are no such things as chicks giving you a "shyt test". If a chick likes you and wants to get with you there are no "tests" she'll put up for you to "pass".

If anything "negative" to some dude is seen as a "shyt test" there could be any number of reasons the chick doesn't like you or is just a heads case.

What "reward" does one get for "passing shyt tests" if they were just created for a dude to "pass"? More drama, pedestalizing some chick jumping through hoops to do her bidding?

Do you "shyt test" chicks or people you like so they can "pass" or do you make it easy because you enjoy them and being with them? Do you "shyt test" people you want nothing to do with in hopes they "pass" to give them a reward?

If there was such a thing as "shyt tests" to "pass" you'd get an actual reward. Not more "shyt tests" which is a vague term for anything someone perceives as an obstacle in not getting their way every and any time.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Point being there are no such things as chicks giving you a "shyt test". If a chick likes you and wants to get with you there are no "tests" she'll put up for you to "pass".

If anything "negative" to some dude is seen as a "shyt test" there could be any number of reasons the chick doesn't like you or is just a heads case.

What "reward" does one get for "passing shyt tests" if they were just created for a dude to "pass"? More drama, pedestalizing some chick jumping through hoops to do her bidding?

Do you "shyt test" chicks or people you like so they can "pass" or do you make it easy because you enjoy them and being with them? Do you "shyt test" people you want nothing to do with in hopes they "pass" to give them a reward?

If there was such a thing as "shyt tests" to "pass" you'd get an actual reward. Not more "shyt tests" which is a vague term for anything someone perceives as an obstacle in not getting their way every and any time.
Women in LTRs shyt test
women with low interest shyt test
women with high interest even shyt test
Do they consider it a shyt test? NO

It is merely a term to help understand why women do what they do...

Often times we dont care enough to perceive their actions as shyt tests

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope my current g/f has high interest still throws the occasional shyt test. Sometimes it's a test. Sometime they're just feeling bytchy. Sometimes they re wrestling for control. Definitely best to pass the first one or there will be more coming.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Women in LTRs shyt test
women with low interest shyt test
women with high interest even shyt test
Do they consider it a shyt test? NO

It is merely a term to help understand why women do what they do...

Often times we dont care enough to perceive their actions as shyt tests
like I said only dudes who perceive anything negative towards always getting their way get the imaginary "shyt tests".

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like I said only dudes who perceive anything negative towards always getting their way get the imaginary "shyt tests".
It has nothing to do dudes "getting their way". It is merely the push and pull nature of relationships.

To use a couple threads as examples...
-GF flirting in front of the is a shyt test... many ways to react
-girl giving the LJBF is trying a shyt test... you say yes or no
-Women delaying dates could be a shyt test... do you just patiently wait or get impatient and text

My exwife and exgf both did little things. Women with high interest will not do it frequently because they feel secure. When a woman begins to doubt her man, the interest lowers and are subsequently followed by more shyt tests... Yes, it is an imaginary term, but it merely provides context to explain some of women's behaviors.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are no sh!t or compliance test, it's PUA BS.

A sh!t test is just her behaving in a negative way because she feels negative about you. A compliance test is just her trying to get stuff from you... it is what women do. They really do not care if you pass or fail any of these. I think it is funny when PUAs say that she wants you to pass these test... really that is just silly.

If you have a good comeback from an insult, and it's funny, then she will be more interested in you because you are not acting like most people. She will be curious about unexpected behavior, which MIGHT turn things around for you, but there is no guarantee. If she asks you to buy her a drink.... she really does want you to buy her a drink, again... if you don't then you are doing sh!t that is unexpected, which makes you a curiosity.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
It has nothing to do dudes "getting their way". It is merely the push and pull nature of relationships.

-Women delaying dates could be a shyt test... do you just patiently wait or get impatient and text

My exwife and exgf both did little things. Women with high interest will not do it frequently because they feel secure. When a woman begins to doubt her man, the interest lowers and are subsequently followed by more shyt tests... Yes, it is an imaginary term, but it merely provides context to explain some of women's behaviors.
Girlfriend flirting with other men in front of you isn't a "shyt test" for you to "pass" it's a RED FLAG. Unless you "perceive" red flags as "shyt tests" you must "pass" to "prove" yourself to some chick.

LJBF isn't a shyt test either. It's either a chick who's not interested and being polite, not interested and doesn't give a F, or she's a flake. Not giving you "tests" that you need to "pass" to "prove" yourself to her.

Chicks delaying dates could mean anything. She's a flake, has a better offer, isn't really into you etc. Doesn't mean their "shyt tests" unless your desperate to "prove" yourself "worthy" to any inconvenience or "no" etc. in life.

If you feel the need to walk on eggshells and jump through hoops for everything you perceive as a negative in life as a "shyt test" with no real reward then might as well say life itself is one big "shyt test".

Ask yourself? What's the "reward" for "passing shyt tests"? Approval and eating more shyt?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girlfriend flirting with other men in front of you isn't a "shyt test" for you to "pass" it's a RED FLAG. Unless you "perceive" red flags as "shyt tests" you must "pass" to "prove" yourself to some chick.

LJBF isn't a shyt test either. It's either a chick who's not interested and being polite, not interested and doesn't give a F, or she's a flake. Not giving you "tests" that you need to "pass" to "prove" yourself to her.

Chicks delaying dates could mean anything. She's a flake, has a better offer, isn't really into you etc. Doesn't mean their "shyt tests" unless your desperate to "prove" yourself "worthy" to any inconvenience or "no" etc. in life.

If you feel the need to walk on eggshells and jump through hoops for everything you perceive as a negative in life as a "shyt test" with no real reward then might as well say life itself is one big "shyt test".

Ask yourself? What's the "reward" for "passing shyt tests"? Approval and eating more shyt?
I am providing general examples (maybe not great ones) as a basis for discussing the term, and you are looking at this from a very rigid approach. Once again, this is why I say I really don't understand your point... at all. You are overthinking this in your quest to de-bunk some term, or push your anti-PUA agenda.

Women test men. It is just what they do. Feel free to call it whatever you want :D

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I am providing general examples (maybe not great ones) as a basis for discussing the term, and you are looking at this from a very rigid approach. Once again, this is why I say I really don't understand your point... at all. You are overthinking this in your quest to de-bunk some term, or push your anti-PUA agenda.

Women test men. It is just what they do. Feel free to call it whatever you want :D
Women making things difficult for dudes who feel entitled isn't a "test". It's a brush off or some chick simply being an entitled bytch herself.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll quote myself (apologize in advance):

We can pretty accurately state that women will only sleep with men whose value she perceives to be higher than her own. Therefore game is the ability to convince a girl, through behavior, verbals, or passive indicators (looks, social proof, body language, etc.) that your value is higher than hers. Even if you're not doing it consciously--every time the bartender pats you on the shoulder; every time your friend talks you up; every time you look her confidently in the eyes--you are running game.

Arousal happens on a preconscious level; the prefrontal cortex--the part of the brain responsible for planning, long term decision making, memory consolidation, judgement, social self-monitoring--evolved 200,000 years ago. Our humanoid ancestors were having sex for millennia prior to that.

It's totally arrogant to think that our lymbic system is capable of distinguishing honest signals (i.e. you actually are alpha) from mimicry (i.e. a PUA pretending to be alpha)--at least given the short period of time necessary from meeting a girl to bedding her. Like you said, your 'innergame' can be totally fvcked up, but if you hit the right buttons--i.e. the girl perceives your value as higher than her own--then she'll still sleep with you.

In a perfect world, your lifestyle would be at all times witnessed by a tribe of >80 people, so that girls would have the most possible information on which to base their perception of your genetic value. We simply don't have that luxury in modern life, at least after high school or college, for girls to make an accurate evaluation. Therefore, if, say, you move cities (no more social circle), your friends all get married or wifed up and all of your boy's gf's friends she could introduce you to are older than peak fertility (no more social circle), you work in an environment isolated from females you find attractive (no more social circle), you have a very narrow window in which to demonstrate your genetic value to any females you come across in your day to day. So let's pretend we're not going for 4-6's on POF--and say we want 8-9's in the 18-21 y/o age group where there is 0 overlap in our social cirlces. Well, you might have a bar where you have tons of social proof--everyone loves you and girls there vouch for you--well, within that specific context you could just go up to girls and say, "Are you married?" and be balls deep within a couple hours. You didn't need active game, since your passive game (indicators of your genetic fitness) filled up enough of the picture for the girl to feel like she could form an accurate perception of your value.

But let's say that bar closes. Let's say your buddies are in relationships and won't hit the town with you anymore. Let's say you see a solid 9--but she's surrounded by her tribe and you're the outsider. Let's say you only have 10 minutes to strike her interest--and until she can form an accurate picture of your value YOU ARE A LIABILITY--since she already has super high value and if you're not actually cool (even if you look cool & have six pack abs) then she is jeopardizing her value in the tribe. No matter how solid your frame is or how good you look, if you stand on the wall looking like James Bond, she will not risk social ostracization to come up and game you. It won't happen--maybe a drunk 6 whose batting out of her league--or girls with super low internal value (if a smokeshow approaches you then there's a very good chance she has BPD ;) Field-tested).

But when you approach that 9, and she's surrounded by all her friends and orbiters and you're by yourself and might be a murderer or rapist--and you approach her--then it's her onus to have you display your genetic fitness as rapidly as possible. Sh1t test. Sh1t test. Sh1t test. Well, if you're not an 'overcompensating dweeb' you reject yourself. She's just a b1tch and won't immediately bow to your superior value (or the value your ego convinces itself of). But what if you could pass sh1t tests (proof of your genetic fitness), what if that same girl had just seen you making out with another girl (proof of your genetic fitness), what if you told that girl a cool story about what you did last night (proof of your genetic fitness)? Well, then there's a good chance she'll be the sweetest, most submissive girl ever & might ditch her friends and risk seeming like a slvt because you DEMONSTRATED enough value--actively--using active game--and risked seeming like a TRY-HARD, LOSER, PUA to give her an accurate, full picture of your genetic fitness.

Then you can sit back and let her chase ;)
But to direct that back to the topic on hand: women won't sh1t test you when they are sure your value is higher than theirs. But they can only reach that conclusion through one or two avenues: Observation or Testing. So, yeah, if you're in a social circle, class- or work-setting with a girl you won't get tested to the extent that she has already observed your value. If you roll up to a girl with 2 hotties on your arm (major social proof), then, yeah, she won't sh1t test you. Maybe a comfort test to convince herself you're not clowning her.

But since we're dealing with her perception of your value, and not your actual value, then, depending on the consistency of her perception (congruency), she will test to make sure your frame, which she's either adopted or in the process of adopting, is a safe frame in which for her to exist.

Girls sh1t test. If you've ever cold-approached a girl when you're out by yourself it can look like this:
  • We're talking about something important. If you apologize and excuse yourself, you've failed--you didn't feel more important than her convo. If you say, "Oh, yeah, talking about your Tinder date--is he cute?" then there's a high probability she and her friends will giggle & be more receptive to an interaction that might lead to sex. Consistent & predictable. Or:
  • You're 25?! You're old. If you get uncomfortable or flustered, then she has no frame in which to make the continuance of this interaction ok. Sh1t test failed. If you say, "So old. You should call me daddy girl" then there's a high probability she says something like, "Oh my god. I hate you" or giggle uncontrollably and will be receptive to an interaction that might lead to sex without ever bringing up your age again. Consistent & predictable.
Or you could be texting a girl you've already set a date with and she hits you with:
  • OMG @fastlife you're such a loser :p If you take offense or try to convince her you're NOT a loser (falling into her frame), then she will probably flake. If you text her something like, "Ya, totally. I'm kinda turned off by your questionable taste in men but I figured I'd give you a chance" (AA. Pressure flip. Reframe) then there's a good chance she will show up for your date. Consistent & predictable.
Now sh1t tests do vary from overt disrespect or genuine disdain. Guys need to keep that in mind; but usually there are myriad missteps (failed sh1t tests) leading up to that point. Of course, there are also girls who are just plain b1tchy or unavailable. But having knowledge of how to pass sh1t tests consistently & predictable can flip far more situations in your favor than otherwise.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, there are tests of character & fitness, which some call a "shvt test," but is really just her qualifying you. Notwithstanding, the first two acts in your quote are deal breakers.
  1. Girls who flirt in front of you lack social deference and class.
  2. Women who LJBF have low IL or are playing games.
As to your third, (intentionally) delaying dates? Never had this happen, BECAUSE, if a girl does not play ball effortlessly, she's out.

Men, don't permit shvtty behavior from women under the guise of "shvt tests." Her qualifying you is her qualifying you. Disrespect is disrespect.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, there are tests of character & fitness, which some call a "shvt test," but is really just her qualifying you. Notwithstanding, the first two acts in your quote are deal breakers.
  1. Girls who flirt in front of you lack social deference and class.
  2. Women who LJBF have low IL or are playing games.
As to your third, (intentionally) delaying dates? Never had this happen, BECAUSE, if a girl does not play ball effortlessly, she's out.

Men, don't permit shvtty behavior from women under the guise of "shvt tests." Her qualifying you is her qualifying you. Disrespect is disrespect.
Agree. Though some who try to "pass" these "shyt tests" basically set the precedent where they have enabled the chick to continue having them jump through hoops knowing they're a complete idiot with no self-respect for the remote chance they might be able to score some pvssy. As if getting laid is the solution to anything but sexual frustration and needy validation. The chick now knows she'd be able to walk all over you and you'll happily "challenge yourself" to "pass" even more "shyt tests". Instead of calling her out on her nonsense and being unwilling to play the game walking away with dignity these dudes choose to make excuses to "pass" her shytty behavior.

There are no "shyt tests" only truly interested chicks, uninterested chicks or damaged chicks who are looking for a whipping boy.