Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a good major to major in when in college??

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So i know one of the most essentials parts of being a DJ or becoming one is improving and making yourself better (I.E Career, School ,Gym, ETC) ....So im wondering what is a great major or majors that i can do in college that can land me in a career thats fun, not super stressful, and that i can make A LOT of money in? And also which allows me time to mess with females and spin some plates?

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
I'm an accounting major and I always get positive responses from girls.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Business or Leadership are great majors to look in to. I was a business major with a finance and accounting concentration. If your school offers an entrepreneurship track you might look into that also. I find that a business degree kind of forces ambition and critical thinking...two things that will help you immensely in the long run.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If life was that easy, more people would be succesful in life.

You got to choose something that interests you and would be fun to you. Work is called work for a reason playa. Your being lazy playa. Do something that you want to do. Not something that someone suggests to you.

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
youngmack said:
not super stressful, and that i can make A LOT of money in?

this is usually not possible.

focus on majoring on something that you are INTERESTED in. the more interested you are in your major, the more fun you will have with it. and the more effort you will be willing to put in it.

but if you just want cash, then you might want to try business, engineering, or medicine. These fields do take a lot of work though.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do something you hate just because you think it'll attract women.

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not neccessarily for the women but something that i wont stressing all the time with and that will make me alot of money

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And thats the thing, i dont know what to do... I dont have an special skills or talents , and i wanted to become a pro football player but thats kind of a no go at this time. But other than that nothing else interests me

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The least stressful nursing job I ever had was in a eye surgery center. Helping people is fun for me and makes any job I have worthwhile but the lack of stress in the eye center was noticeable compared to psyche, hospice, or ER nursing where I have also spent time. I didn't make much money there, certainly not enough for the comfortable lifestyle I was seeking.

You know who did make enough money there for a comfortable lifestyle? The optometrists and optomologists. They had to go to med school of course and that has it's own difficulties but afterwards they were pulling in well into the 6 figures without the stress that goes along with jobs like that. If I was 18 again and knew then what I knew now I'd suffer through school for 8 years and become an optometrist.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a "good major" as its all boils down to individual preference and what may be "good" fields of study for some people may be terrible for others. Don't pick a major/career that doesn't play to your strengths or personality just because its "stable" or "pays well" because all you will be doing is joining the army of people that did exactly the same as you and are now miserable for it.

But if you need help deciding which direction to go, here is my advice....

1. Figure out your personality type and what your key strengths are.

Are you overall a big picture guy or detail oriented? Are you an extrovert and outgoing or do you prefer to keep to yourself? Are you a good multi-tasker or not? Do you need to move around constantly or can you sit in one spot all day? Do you prefer working with your hands or working with your head?

Really sit down and do a thorough assessment of yourself. For example, if you're the type that needs to move around constantly, then a desk job (i.e. accounting, finance) would be out-of-question. Maybe look into sales and marketing instead.

2. Research what jobs/careers best fit your core competencies

Don't base your career choice off of T.V. shows or hearsay. Talk to people in the field, google pros and cons, figure out which jobs are in demand and can provide a comfortable income. Maybe look into creating your own job by going solo....if there's a market for whatever you can provide.

3. Determine if college fits your game plan

If you expect to waltz into school, get a bachelors' degree which will be your golden ticket to a 60k starting job, get your head out of the sand. Right now the market is FLOODED with college graduates in EVERY major. Heck, read about the huge number of unemployed law school grads who owe 100 grand plus on their loans. Snap out of this whole "which major pays the best/has the best job prospects" because ultimately that shouldn't be the purpose of college anyways. There are plenty of vocational fields which pay well that doesn't require 4 years and over 20k in "job training". Heck I know a guy who quit his teaching job and now makes over 100k a year bartending at a gay club in Atlanta.

The purpose of college is to expand your horizons, meet new people, and gain new experiences. If you want to be an accountant and thats something you're passionate about doing, then you will use college as a vehicle to not only complete your major, but to also join accounting related clubs and organizations, intern or do freelance bookkeeping for companies, gain valuable contacts/networking, and assist your professors with special projects. If you're gonna plunk down over 20g's for what's basically job training, get your money's worth at least. You become a Fortune 500 company's dream candidate, not another entitled brat that thinks he deserves to be a CFO because of a piece of paper. The degree is worthless without any meaningful experience backing it.

This applies to any major. No, there is no such thing as a "worthless" major. A guy studying philosophy who took internships and was active in campus life is way more marketable than the accounting major who farts around and only shows up for his tests.

Basically, as cliche as I can sound.......do what you love or at least don't mind waking up every morning for. And sh1t that might change every few years or so....and that's fine! Very few people stick to doing the same thing their entire lives. We don't need to have our life all figured out at age 21. Plenty of changes can happen and what we though was good for us then may not be what makes up happy now. Don't let society brow-beat you into a corporate desk job because that's the "only way" to live a comfortable life. Screw stability. You're young, single, and unattached. You can afford to take risks right now....find your passion...and if it doesn't work out, you can always fall back on something stable later on.

Hopefully I didn't come off as rambling or anything but best of luck man.

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no matter what major you pick, girls are gonna be there. but regardless, don't do anything, ever, for girls. don't pick a major based on how many girls you think you'll meet

also, as some have mentioned, being a drone is the wrong way to go. don't pick something that you think will make a lot of money but that you'll end up hating. pick something you're interested in/good at

if you pick a job you love to do, you'll never work a day in your life

TwistedFireStarter

Reaction score
sstype said:
There is no such thing as a "good major" as its all boils down to individual preference and what may be "good" fields of study for some people may be terrible for others. Don't pick a major/career that doesn't play to your strengths or personality just because its "stable" or "pays well" because all you will be doing is joining the army of people that did exactly the same as you and are now miserable for it.

But if you need help deciding which direction to go, here is my advice....

1. Figure out your personality type and what your key strengths are.

Are you overall a big picture guy or detail oriented? Are you an extrovert and outgoing or do you prefer to keep to yourself? Are you a good multi-tasker or not? Do you need to move around constantly or can you sit in one spot all day? Do you prefer working with your hands or working with your head?

Really sit down and do a thorough assessment of yourself. For example, if you're the type that needs to move around constantly, then a desk job (i.e. accounting, finance) would be out-of-question. Maybe look into sales and marketing instead.

2. Research what jobs/careers best fit your core competencies

Don't base your career choice off of T.V. shows or hearsay. Talk to people in the field, google pros and cons, figure out which jobs are in demand and can provide a comfortable income. Maybe look into creating your own job by going solo....if there's a market for whatever you can provide.

3. Determine if college fits your game plan

If you expect to waltz into school, get a bachelors' degree which will be your golden ticket to a 60k starting job, get your head out of the sand. Right now the market is FLOODED with college graduates in EVERY major. Heck, read about the huge number of unemployed law school grads who owe 100 grand plus on their loans. Snap out of this whole "which major pays the best/has the best job prospects" because ultimately that shouldn't be the purpose of college anyways. There are plenty of vocational fields which pay well that doesn't require 4 years and over 20k in "job training". Heck I know a guy who quit his teaching job and now makes over 100k a year bartending at a gay club in Atlanta.

The purpose of college is to expand your horizons, meet new people, and gain new experiences. If you want to be an accountant and thats something you're passionate about doing, then you will use college as a vehicle to not only complete your major, but to also join accounting related clubs and organizations, intern or do freelance bookkeeping for companies, gain valuable contacts/networking, and assist your professors with special projects. If you're gonna plunk down over 20g's for what's basically job training, get your money's worth at least. You become a Fortune 500 company's dream candidate, not another entitled brat that thinks he deserves to be a CFO because of a piece of paper. The degree is worthless without any meaningful experience backing it.

This applies to any major. No, there is no such thing as a "worthless" major. A guy studying philosophy who took internships and was active in campus life is way more marketable than the accounting major who farts around and only shows up for his tests.

Basically, as cliche as I can sound.......do what you love or at least don't mind waking up every morning for. And sh1t that might change every few years or so....and that's fine! Very few people stick to doing the same thing their entire lives. We don't need to have our life all figured out at age 21. Plenty of changes can happen and what we though was good for us then may not be what makes up happy now. Don't let society brow-beat you into a corporate desk job because that's the "only way" to live a comfortable life. Screw stability. You're young, single, and unattached. You can afford to take risks right now....find your passion...and if it doesn't work out, you can always fall back on something stable later on.

Hopefully I didn't come off as rambling or anything but best of luck man.
MisterD said:
no matter what major you pick, girls are gonna be there. but regardless, don't do anything, ever, for girls. don't pick a major based on how many girls you think you'll meet

also, as some have mentioned, being a drone is the wrong way to go. don't pick something that you think will make a lot of money but that you'll end up hating. pick something you're interested in/good at

if you pick a job you love to do, you'll never work a day in your life
Agreed. I believe these both reflect the DJ mindset; quit worrying about the women, do something you're passionate about, be a man, and they'll come. Having completed my degree, and gone on to graduate school, I can tell you the people that enjoyed their degree the most, and were active (got internships, did independent research, knew/worked with professors on a first name basis, involved in their field) tended to do well after graduation, regardless of their major. What most people miss is that the degree alone never really buys you much, it's what you did while you were in college, who you met, how driven you are, that really mattered. If you can work hard, and enjoy your field, it will almost certainly will pay off. P.S. Don't be afraid of picking a vocation instead. Again if you do well and work hard, I know plumbers that probably pull down more G's than my professors.

And as for engineering majors (and hard science majors) not getting any, I have to disagree, at least from my own anecdotal evidence. I think people believe this because a lot of the socially inept kids went into engineering and stayed socially inept, but I think it's a matter of correlation rather than causation. Most of the guys that introduced me to the "game" originally were math/engineering students, and they pull as much ass as the next guy. And as a physics person, while I don't have as much time as the business grads to go out and chase tail, I still feel like I do more than fine for myself.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Do what you like. Like what you do. :yes:

Or just hope for luck and play the lottery. :D

I majored in communications, but if I could go back, I'd major in Accounting. :rock:

Here how work typically is: The more stressful and less fun it is, the more money you make. :eek:

Girls will flock to you when you got lots of money. Always. :)

Don't pick a major based on how many girls you'll get. :nono:

Case closed. :rockon:

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
That is such a broad question. And there is no "easy" major that you can make a lot of money with. The economy is horrible right now. I can't even get a job at a restaurant because I don't have titties. If you want to make a lot of money you have to take risks (music/entertainment business) or work hard (start your own company).

Your best bet for attracting poon is becoming a publicist. You will be surrounded by celebrities and girls if you do it right. But majoring in something in order to attract women is completely retarded. I know everyone in this thread is going to say this, but DO WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Engineers are pretty well respected, but u can pretty much kiss your chances of getting poon during school goodbye in the meantime.
There's plenty of time for women afterwards, it's only a few years spent to set yourself up for life. Picking a major just to get access to women for four years is going to bite you for decades afterwards when college is over and you find that you don't really enjoy doing that job.

Regardless, do something that interests you and that you won't mind getting up for in the morning. Too many people picked majors based just on money and got burned big time, especially when the economy tanked (just how many business majors do we need anyway?) On the other hand, make sure that your degree will at least be worth the paper it will be printed on so you don't end up like another of these Occupy Wallstreet dumbasses, taking out a hundred thousand in loans for studying political science or some other useless thing.

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see because honestly i am really not that brightest dude out there. I have a 2.0 average in highschool right now(i am currently in highschool) so im obviously not that smart. I dont want totake up any hard stressful majors because most likely i will be struggling with that major and wasting thousands of dollars paying for college for something that i will not do good at.... How about becoming a sports agent?? Or a physical therapist for a major sports company ( i LOVE sports) i would do anything sporrs related that would earn me alot of money

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or just don't go to college and pick up a trade instead. The idea that "EVERYONE MUST GO TO COLLEGE" with this generation is a big reason why we have all these unemployed graduates who wasted their time and money on useless degrees. I ran into way too many kids in my university who really had little business being there, especially those who just wanted to party all of the time and kept failing their classes.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youngmack said:
I see because honestly i am really not that brightest dude out there. I have a 2.0 average in highschool right now(i am currently in highschool) so im obviously not that smart. I dont want totake up any hard stressful majors because most likely i will be struggling with that major and wasting thousands of dollars paying for college for something that i will not do good at.... How about becoming a sports agent?? Or a physical therapist for a major sports company ( i LOVE sports) i would do anything sporrs related that would earn me alot of money

So you're looking for a low-stress, high-paying job in a field that you're passionate about?

To be blunt - so is everyone else.

People aren't walking around like, "Yo, I need a stressful job that pays sh1tty. Oh yeah, and I want to hate it too."

Instead of asking a message board to tell you what to major in, why don't you do some research. I know you said you're "not the brightest guy", but surely even you know that it's not a good idea to have strangers direct your career goals for you.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
There is no such thing as a "good major"
Maybe not, but there are plenty of bad ones. Unless you know for sure that you are going to law school or at least getting a post-graduate degree in your area of study, liberal arts is the financial kiss of death. Outside of the Ivy League, and maybe even there, art, music, english, history, psch, poly sci, general studies and the other are all worthless as 4-year degrees if you want to actually get a job.

Science, math, engineering, and basically all of those hard classes that I always made bad grades in are the academic tickets to income, because most people hate them and/or stink at them. Like dating, everything is a numbers game. When you do what other people won't do, you will have opportunities they won't have.