Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What I do and how I could improve, suggestions welcome

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello all!

First of all, a bit of introduction, I'm currently weighing in at about 196 pounds and measure at 6'3" (89kg and 190cm). I used to weigh almost 260 pounds, which was really excessive and I lost that by drinking a lot of water, riding a bike around and generally eating a bit less. Losing that much was really an improvement in all aspects of my life.

I have quite some muscle mass (I find muscle mass not that hard to gain) and some definition is already showing in my upper body.

But I'm figuring if I've lost this much, I could go the whole 9 yards, really get in shape. Be fit. Like I said, I see quite some definition in my upper body and such, but I still have a not so perfect fat percentage. I'd say around 16 - 18% but I'm really not sure.

Here's what I'm doing weekly in activities:

Monday: 1 hour playing drums
Tuesday: 1 and a half hour of boxing training (bag, sparring, speedrope), 1/2 hour playing drums
Wednesday: 1/2 hour playing drums
Thursday: 1/2 hour playing drums, 1/2 hour running
Friday: 1 and a half hour of boxing training, drums
Saturday: drums, 1/2 hour running
Sunday: drums, 1/2 hour running
(the drumming intensity varies, but generally I'd say it burns calories like if you were walking fast, maybe a bit more if I'm focusing on double bass)

I've started running now that it's warm, I think I got the activities pretty well covered if I keep it up with the running, which I will.

Diet:
This is probably where I'm weakest, because I don't have a set diet as such, I just have foods I prefer over others and try to eat as best as I can. Here's what I normally eat.
Breakfast: Either whole grain cereal, some scrambled eggs or tuna
Noon-ish: Tuna (I freaking love tuna)
Lunch: Usually some lean meat, salad, brown rice/eggs or some pasta stuff.
Evening-sih: Tuna usually, or some corn or something
I munch on apples in between. But sometimes (like 2 days out of 7) I replace a meal from above with a turkey sandwich thingy (something more indulging shall I say) because student food is really cheap here and I grab something with my mates.

I drink water (around 2-3 litres per day) and on weekends and the occasional evening beer and vodka.

So, what do you guys suggest for improvement in my routine? Especially the diet. I'm mainly looking to cut fat, like I said, I haven't had problems building muscles and such, but I sure wouldn't like to lose any.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, pretty much every day I do 20 sit-ups (legs in the air) and 20 pushups in the morning, unless I'm hung over, then I just walk around and say stuff like 'Argh!'.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Panda 2000 said:
Also, pretty much every day I do 20 sit-ups (legs in the air) and 20 pushups in the morning, unless I'm hung over, then I just walk around and say stuff like 'Argh!'.
do 30 sit ups (to the right, centre, left + repeat) twice but superset it with say 20 leg raises :)

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Panda 2000 said:
Hello all!
hey looks like you do a lot of stuff, I can't really suggest any improvements, maybe get up to a gallon of water a day

err...I wouldn't be doing the drumming just for cardio...

also - have you looked into HIIT? do it in the morning, take some BCAAs before and see the fat melt off :)

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I'm not doing the drumming for the cardio, I'm doing it because I like it. Anyway, yeah, I might incorporate HIIT in my running later on, but right now I think it would be a bit too much. Besides, I think boxing incorporates lots of high intensity workout.
What's BCAA?
Also, I bought some Glutamine supplements (read about them on rossboxing), what do you guys think about that? I sometimes have problems with soreness and such and have also noticed that when I've gotten sick, it was a day or two after training, which probably means that my immune system suffered due to the lack of Glutamine. I found I should be taking 5-10 grams after workout. I don't have those little scales, so how much does 5 grams amount to? Like a teaspoon or what?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the idiots guide to growth by warboss alex (even if your not trying to grow the information in there is something thats good for anyone to read)

After reading that you'll have what you need to get a diet together, post here with your outlined diet and we'll help you make changes.

To lose the fat only have carbs in your first 2meals of the day and from there its protein/fat meals.

Do morning cardio for 1hour 5days a week by walking on the treadmill at a slow speed 2.5-3.5mph with a slight incline 2.0-5.0