Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What happened?

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I found this forum in 2002 I was 22 years old. I was fortunate enough to have an absolute blast in my 20’s and early 30’s. Vacations... hookups... great memories. During those years my goal was to get this out of my system and I believed in my 40’s-70’s the pace of my life should slow down and be more stable.

fast forward I’m 43 now... married and have that life. I have no desire to go out and live like I did in my 20’s. I am noticing it seems like I am in the minority.

My friends are always trying to book guys trips to locations where they can find females their age to hook up with. I go on one of these trips a year I enjoy being around them but am on a completely different schedule. I go... golf... workout...eat, have a few drinks then hit the hay. They go out until 2am hunting for married chicks. Usually I wake up and there are random Middle Aged females they are getting rid of before our tee times.

I see this all over now... groups of middle aged.. to actual geriatric aged groups running around acting like they are 20. What do you think caused this change... or was this always happening and I just never noticed when younger ?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Peter Pan Syndrome, maybe. I have friends who took forever to finish college, I finished my second post graduate degree before they finished college. I alway thought they felt like they wouldnt be "young" anymore if they ever finished college.

Or your friends never found and pulled a quality woman. They, like many posters here, will say stuff like "There are no unicorns", which is a good mentality to have when going through a bad break up, but its a cope or just kind of sad imho.

Or they feel they married too young. They feel they didnt play the field enough.

Last edited:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I alway thought they felt like they wouldnt be "young" anymore if they ever finished college.
it does sort of feel like some type of midlife crisis for them. I honestly have had to start spending less time with them. When they do want to meet up it’s at an event where they can try and meet Middle Aged females.

I’m honestly considering opting out of our annual golf trip. I might as well go to a beach town on my own... relax... workout and get some r and r.... I feel bad but im no longer 20 and am grateful I no longer live like that

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I found this forum in 2002 I was 22 years old. I was fortunate enough to have an absolute blast in my 20’s and early 30’s. Vacations... hookups... great memories. During those years my goal was to get this out of my system and I believed in my 40’s-70’s the pace of my life should slow down and be more stable.

fast forward I’m 43 now... married and have that life. I have no desire to go out and live like I did in my 20’s. I am noticing it seems like I am in the minority.

My friends are always trying to book guys trips to locations where they can find females their age to hook up with. I go on one of these trips a year I enjoy being around them but am on a completely different schedule. I go... golf... workout...eat, have a few drinks then hit the hay. They go out until 2am hunting for married chicks. Usually I wake up and there are random Middle Aged females they are getting rid of before our tee times.

I see this all over now... groups of middle aged.. to actual geriatric aged groups running around acting like they are 20. What do you think caused this change... or was this always happening and I just never noticed when younger ?
I used to be at night clubs 5 days a week in my 20's. All that bs loses its appeal after a certain age. I tried skateboarding recently and thought "Why am I the only one wearing a helmet?"... I thought maybe there was some reasoning behind it but I came to find out young people see safety gear as 'uncool' now and would rather get a TBI or some other traumatic injury. That's when I realized that I'm too old for this sh1t. I no longer care what is cool... and I guess a lot of my hobbies involved that component when I was younger.

A lot of the guys who are still hung up on getting chicks in their 40s and going out 'partying' never had the balls to do it in their 20s. The 18+ nightclubs are just sausage fests and the 40 y/o's walking around raves are cr33py asf. I remember seeing the odd old guy walking around Candy Raver parties when I was in my 20s and thinking to myself "What a loser".

I used to be the bad kid, now I'm the principal. :D

Last edited:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lot of the guys who are still hung up on getting chicks in their 40s and going out 'partying' never had the balls to do it in their 20s. The 18+ nightclubs are just sausage fests and the 40 y/o's walking around raves are cr33py asf.
lol ! Exactly ! I remember even in my 20’s thinking man this scene is gross but I would pull chicks.... thankfully the only thing elseI pulled was pinkeye once and a few colds

I would wake up at some girls apartment hung over.. feeling awkward... and hoping I wouldn’t need a course of antibiotics or worse!

I also remember the old guys usually juiced out of their minds wearing affliction shirts or Ed hardy shirts.... and feeling sad. Thinking if this is me in my 40’s and 50’s.... I might lay down in traffic

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol ! Exactly ! I remember even in my 20’s thinking man this scene is gross but I would pull chicks.... thankfully the only thing elseI pulled was pinkeye once and a few colds

I would wake up at some girls apartment hung over.. feeling awkward... and hoping I wouldn’t need a course of antibiotics or worse!

I also remember the old guys usually juiced out of their minds wearing affliction shirts or Ed hardy shirts.... and feeling sad. Thinking if this is me in my 40’s and 50’s.... I might lay down in traffic
That's how Extinction Rebellion happened.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's what happens when you don't get tied down and lay foundations with a sub 8.

It's always been happening, why would your 20-year-old self know or care what middle-aged men are doing? Enjoy your married family life, you made your bed, now lie in it, forever.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's called divorce and people not getting married. when I was longer, older people had kids and obligations. now adults have at most 1 kid to worry about if any, and more free time. times have changed.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score