Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What happened to POF?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "quality" -- always pretty low -- has seemed to take a complete dive within the past year or so.

Anybody else notice this? I click the "Matches" tab and, of all the 40 chicks it shows, these days it's hard for me to find even 1 who is attractive enough to bother sending a mere cut-and-paste to.

It reminds me of Myspace... everyone was on it and then literally within a month only the ghetto dwellers were on it.. everyone else had suddenly moved to Facebook.

Is this how it is with POF and OKC? OKC still has some decent quality but POF is just dusted. Have all the middle class, 5+ looking chicks abandoned POF for OKC?

On the plus-side, it seems that the (very) few somewhat-attractive broads left on the site are giving me better responses.. perhaps the "quality" of men on POF has diminished as well? :confused:

(This thread isn't to bash online dating in general or to whine about women or whatever. It's simply to ask if any other regular users of POF have noticed a decrease in the "quality" of women there in the semi-recent past. Thanks.)

goldengoose

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean what happened to POF? POF has been sh1t for 3 years. I go on each year from Jan-Mar to look for any possible plates, each year is worse than before. I spend more time looking for any decent looking women than anything else. The only good looking girls I've found last time were fake profiles or the account was deleted before I could get a number.

OKC is even worse than POF. Looks like a freak show on there with obese women, transexuals, deformed women, even a midget. The women who are in shape all have faces looking like men. Quite a few of the same women on POF are on OKC too.

My friend has a company that is doing reviews for the top dating sites to see which ones are worth using and to give guys tips how to do better. He showed me all these horrible looking people on there. They aren't done yet, but rated OKC so far a 84% of its users as unattractive.

They had a profile of a handicapped woman and her inbox was all full of dudes wanting to bang a chick in a wheelchair who was not good looking at all. Even obese women are geting hit up for sex. Awful.

Threepersons

Reaction score
If men would put more effort into themselves instead of worrying about the quality of women POF has to offer they would have more things going on in life. Meet women like you should in person not over a computer.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goldengoose said:
Looks like a freak show on there with obese women, transexuals, deformed women, even a midget.
LOL

My friend has a company that is doing reviews for the top dating sites to see which ones are worth using and to give guys tips how to do better. He showed me all these horrible looking people on there. They aren't done yet, but rated OKC so far a 84% of its users as unattractive.
Interesting. Though I bet POF is closer to 95%. What is this "review company" you speak of?

They had a profile of a handicapped woman and her inbox was all full of dudes wanting to bang a chick in a wheelchair who was not good looking at all. Even obese women are geting hit up for sex. Awful.
I believe it.

If men would put more effort into themselves instead of worrying about the quality of women POF has to offer they would have more things going on in life. Meet women like you should in person not over a computer.
Thanks Mr. 10-Posts.

Your standards went up.
If only ;)

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think POF took a dive for several reasons 1) They got greedy and started charging for basic features like being able to see if your message has been read or not, being able to see who's viewed your profile after so many days, etc. They took the "free" out of it. Yeah it's technically "free" still but they are charging for stupid features they don't need to be charging for. 2) The age limit thing. You no longer can message anyone who's like 7 or 10 years younger or older then you. Wave goodbye to the days where you could be 35 and message a girl who's 25 or some hot cougar can't message you. 3) I also think the decent women are using Tinder, Facebook, stuff like that. The trailer park ghetto gutter trash still resides on POF.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, what do you expect for free? Just throw up a bullsh!t profile. It sends you an email when you get a message anyway. Then go fvck wh0res off tinder and craigslist.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
2) The age limit thing. You no longer can message anyone who's like 7 or 10 years younger or older then you. Wave goodbye to the days where you could be 35 and message a girl who's 25 or some hot cougar can't message you.
Other than the usual hypergamy suspects, I think the age limit thing is the biggest reason for the decline, and not just on POF but most all online dating where the female user sets age limits. If you are over about 27 or 28 years old and especially if you are 30-something, a few years go by and you are aged restricted from even seeing most of the more desirable girls. Most of them are around 23-25 years old give or take a couple years.

If you are a guy late 20's or older and you made a fake profile with your age set to say 23-25, I bet you'd find a lot more females' profiles who were at least datable or bangable. There's a high correlation between girls being in their early to mid 20's and a big pool of desirable prospects :cool:.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A year or so ago, I used to have hot dates lined up almost every night of the week. Now, a week or more will go by and I won't even log in. I used to get a message from a hottie every once in a while (the best indicator of a sure lay), but now it hardly ever seems to happen. Things have definitely dried up, and it's not just me. Recently, a good friend of mine who's 6'2, in very good shape, good looking, and made $140k last year went on pof after hearing about my past success. He deleted his profile after only a few days, he told me he got tired of even average looking girls acting like they were too good for him.
Agree mostly. Things got much harder a few years ago, but it's still doable.

I just rejoined after about a 9 month hiatus and within 24 hours I'm now texting several cute girls, one of which initiated with me, plus I'm a few messages away from another number or two. It would easily take me a week or two to deliver these results from Tinder, and I'm using the same photos.

Problem is these girls are absolutely inundated with men. No matter how well you click, how wonderful the first date was, the next better guy is just about to send his message. Plus, most are already involved with several different men to varying degrees. There's the guy they are sleeping with, the ex trying to get them back, the guy she's been out with a few times, and a few new comers just capturing her attention.

Does anyone even have relationships anymore? I swear they've died out in the last five years for this very reason ^^^^

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
POF is awful.
But if you want a real laugh.

Badoo.....

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They migrated from POF to OKC and Tinder.
It's what herds of women do. Even a friend of mine was telling me about her experiences on Tinder... to which I replied, "You know that's a Fvck-app, right?" And she said she knew but it's what all her friends were on.

Herd mentality.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've observed the opposite, but not necesarly % wise.

Just seems to be more good looking women on there; although that's going to happen when the overall # is so big.

Then again, I live close enough to appear in searches for: Philly, DC, and Baltimore... So i have thousands and thousands of women to choose from...

Tinder women are far better looking though. % wise.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Badoo, Blendr, and Skout are even lower that POF. Though POF is almost as bad now.

I had one initial good luck with Tinder but after that it was sh*itsville. I have my OKC set up so that the higher the "match," the sluttier the chick is and I know she'll be easy. Can't do that with Tinder. I've wasted so much time with Tinder, plus the fact that it's phone-only so I can't cut and paste very easily.

Plus with Tinder you can't see stats like height, weight, etc. I like petite girls (since I'm only 5'8 myself). I wanna know stats before I agree to meet up. Not going out only to find the b*tch is 6" taller than I am.

Oh aaaaand at least for me Tinder is not a "hookup" app. Of course, there is no such thing as a heterosexual hookup app because 90% of women aren't amenable to hooking up with average late-30s shmucks like me.

Practically every single message I got on Tinder was like, "Hey, I'm on here to find a really great guy. Not looking to hook up. etc etc"

Despite MRA commentary to the contrary, the vast majority of online chicks aren't "sluts," they wanna find "soul mates" and other bullsh*t. Even on Tinder. Cute chicks have enough options that they're not gonna hook up unless the dude is a 10 or unless you get really lucky and happen to catch her during some short period of time when she's willing to do that.

That's why my OKC "match" thing is great... I've culled my answers so that the more a chick "matches" with me, the more amenable she is to a hookup. Saves me loads of time.

OKC is my new go-to site for hookups. Tinder (IMHO) is a waste of time and POF has become too dumpy even for my low standards. It saddens me because POF has given me 18 total lays over the years but OKC is catching up fast with 14.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Despite MRA commentary to the contrary, the vast majority of online chicks aren't "sluts," they wanna find "soul mates" and other bullsh*t. Even on Tinder. Cute chicks have enough options that they're not gonna hook up unless the dude is a 10 or unless you get really lucky and happen to catch her during some short period of time when she's willing to do that.
The females are conditional slvts. On the condition the guy is very attractive, then they're slvts. Otherwise they pull out the, "I'm looking for a relationship routine" (Yeah true if he's a 10). But the thing is the females turn guys in their league down for relationships all the time. Females are confusing their already inflated dating market value for their extremely inflated sexual market value.

They're still slvts all right, but even slvts can afford to be hypergamous nowadays. Hypergamy and slvttiness is not mutually exclusive, actually it goes hand in hand. Otherwise women would be settiling for one guy in her league.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been talking to my first really hot one from pof. On the down side, she's 34 and has a kid. But she's thin, blonde, and super hot - a former pageant and beauty queen. And she's smart, multiple master's degrees and a good job.

Here's the golden line:
From looking at your profile, I get the idea that you have to play down your looks, because it attracts the wrong type of men if you don't. If you put up more pics, all the horn dog guys would go crazy, but that's not what you want. And I think I like that about you already.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
The females are conditional slvts. On the condition the guy is very attractive, then they're slvts. Otherwise they pull out the, "I'm looking for a relationship routine" (Yeah true if he's a 10).
I don't know man. A few years ago I put up a fake profile on POF with pics of the absolute hottest guy I could find who wasn't a celeb so that chicks wouldn't immedately know it was fake... Still got those same responses.

Of course, that doesn't mean that chicks won't actually put out when the chips are down. But even with hot guys they spew those lines.

Interesting, the times I've gotten quick sex were the times I walked away. The chicks spouted that "I'm here for relationships" and I was like "Fine, forget it then" and they then put out.

Sex is a negotiation from the very get-go. Sometimes an explicit one. I had one chick say, "If I sleep with you on our first date, will you at least keep an open mind toward having a relationship with me?" I said OK, and we did it. Not "sexy" at all but that's how it went.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
IMO POF has always lacked quality.

I've always felt like I had to spend a considerable amount of time mining for 7 +'s on POF. And the ones I invite for drinkdates rarely respond.

Admittedly, I don't use POF as much as match.com, so I'm biased. But it just seems to me that when I think about POF versus match.com, I envision Wal-Mart versus Macy's.
Interesting. But dont you have to pay for match? Fvck that. Money to date? Oh please. Women do all that plus more for free, sometimes.