Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What gym do you go to?

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
And list the pros and cons of your gym, please.

Also, list the pros and cons of other gyms you've been to.

Okay, I have 3 gym memberships now.
1. Planet fitness.
2. LA fitness.
3. 24 hour fitness.

1. Planet fitness.
Pros: There's one everywhere. It's cheap. Easier access = more girls. Not as hot as other gyms, but more targets. Idc about being the creeper at the gym.
Cons: No free weight bench press or squat. Their business model is literally to get as many people to sign up as possible and hope those people don't show up, if everyone with a memebrship showed up, they'd be out of biz. I guess the lunk alarm although I've never had to deal with it. My friends were the gym's employees, so they'd turn it on as a joke.

2. LA Fitness.
Pros: More like a real work out gym, free weight bench and free weight squat and free weight dead lift. I don't do the last 2, just mentioning those. LOTS of amenities. Heated pool. Sauna. They have good personal trainers, and if you're down for steroids, most of them are on it. lol. I'm not willing to use steroids, otherwise anything I accomplish isn't really an accomplishemtn, imo.
Cons: Naked old guys who have their junk hanging out in the locker room. Very crowded.

3. 24 hour fitness.
Pros: I just signed up, never worked out. I assume one pro is it is open 24 hours?... LOL.
Cons: I don't recall them having free weight bench or squat.

4. Workikng out at home.
Pros: Convenient. Not going to work out as hard as if you went to the gym though. The 30 min drive to the gym and 30 min drive home and the 50 min work out are still going to yield better results than if you stayed home and spent that 110 minutes trying to work out at home.
Cons: Easily distracted. Expensive to buy everything. I have a ton of work out stuff at home. I could tell any of you the minimum you need to LOOK visibly fit if you plan to work out at home.

Anyone familiar with Crunch Fitness or Gold's Gym.

Gold's Gym used to be the gym to go to if you were serious about your goals, I heard that changed though.

What other gyms are there?

BoostedArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
dafuqs with non-free bench-press/squat?

I go to the one of my university. There I have everything.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Planet Fitness has a terrible reputation and lacks some basic equipment, but it's cheap and you can still get swole if you know what you're doing. When I was at my physique peak I was a Planet Fitness member.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifetime & Equinox-

Cons-
are expensive
Limited to specific locations,
Location quality are depen

Pros
Not as crowded as the budget gyms

Clean atmosphere, equipment is always at 100% working

The people there are miles above the people at the budget gyms. You can literally make a business connection or get some deep knowledge from just chilling in the sauna there. Everyone practices gym etiquette and proper hygiene unlike the others.

A lot of programs and classes to enroll in

Extra amenities like swimming pools, tennis courts, pickle ball, basketball, studios, and etc

Gives you access to gyms nationwide depending on your status

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work out at home, I don't think I agree that you don't work as hard at home. Anyway, the most important factor is doing it consistently, whatever your workout is.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold's Gym used to be the gym to go to if you were serious about your goals, I heard that changed though.
Gold's Gym filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the early days of the pandemic in 2020.

Many Gold's locations permanently closed in that bankruptcy re-organization.

What other gyms are there?
There are many boutique type, class-based fitness studios typically in larger cities. I have been to some of them via ClassPass (StudioHop does the same) and also bought shorter term class packages through them.

Some of them have national brand names like Title Boxing, SoulCycle, Barry's Bootcamp, or Orange Theory. There are others that are local to an area and have 1-2 locations. Yoga and Pilates are also common forms of exercise in boutique studio type places.

These types of places have mostly female members. A lot of them are expensive and appeal to bougie type women. In order to afford them on a longer term basis, a woman typically is either a big time career woman or gets her membership subsidized by a boyfriend, husband, sugar daddy, or her father. There's also the occasional Instagram model or successful OnlyFans content creator in there.

There are also independent gyms with no large chain name affiliation.

Group classes are offered at places like LA Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness. Even Equinox has group classes.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone know if more expensive gyms have more class women?

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone know if more expensive gyms have more class women?
I don’t go to the gym for women whatsoever. However, you are better off going to a cheap gym for women because your typical girl under the age of 30 cannot afford an equinox or lifetime membership. Most of the hot women are in their 30s or higher and the younger ones tend to live at home or be on a family plan.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are better off going to a cheap gym for women because your typical girl under the age of 30 cannot afford an equinox or lifetime membership. Most of the hot women are in their 30s or higher and the younger ones tend to live at home or be on a family plan.
Equinox is over $200 a month in most cities. I'm not sure of the exact price. Most women under 30 are not going to be able to afford that. I've never been inside of an Equinox.

I have been inside of the boutique class-based studios, some of which are chains. Equinox's corporate sibling SoulCycle puts its prices on its website. I have the Texas prices for SoulCycle below.

https://www.soul-cycle.com/series/#memberships

Almost all of the chain fitness studio type concepts like Title Boxing or SoulCycle are $150+ per month. It's sometimes possible to get some discounts as a short term newbie but those aren't long lasting members.

A lot of younger women at boutique fitness studios or Equinox/Lifetime are subsidized by a husband, boyfriend, sugar daddy, parents, or Instagram/OnlyFans simps. If none of those are applicable, they are 30+ careerist women.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve used:

Planet Fitness
LA Fitness
Golds Gym
Lifetime Fitness
Local high end Gym ($100 / month, high end area)
Home Gym

Home gym is by far the best. I have nothing negative to say about any of them really. Planet Fitness generally sucks but I only use it for winter cardio. Can’t beat $10 / month

As far as the women- looks wise they are all over the spectrum. Younger girls are at cheaper gyms. Lifetime and other high end gyms have hot wives and careerist chicks with money.

I recommend training at a high end gym and doing all your gym creeping at cheap shvt like Planet Fitness and Retro. Then just rotate them if and when you burn out all your leads (or get kicked out). Do NOT creep on girls where you train.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My organization provides us gym membership at a huge gym nearby. Lots of rich old people and teens mostly.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And list the pros and cons of your gym, please.

Also, list the pros and cons of other gyms you've been to.

Okay, I have 3 gym memberships now.
1. Planet fitness.
2. LA fitness.
3. 24 hour fitness.
Planet Fitness is my go to gym, mainly due to their many locations.

They lack certain machines though. I want the standing shoulder press machine and the plated incline chess press machine.

Not to mention both the isolated decline/incline benches for chess..as I like being able to just get on the bench and lift instead of having to adjust the bench for the damn smith machine.

And lastly, their damn DUMBBELLS.

Man, their heaviest dumbbells are only 75lbs (65lbs, depending on the location).

75lbs was heavy when I first began my weight lifting journey but now, they feel light as a feather and I can't even get a good burn because I've conquered 75lbs a longggg time ago.

I like their overall business model, including their thumbs up logo, as it symbolizes the strengththing and uplifting of the spirits of others, even strangers.

But getting back to their many locations, this is important because if you frequent a particular gym often enough, you will get tired of seeing the same mofos every time you go, from employees to guests.

Having different locations to choose from allows you to see new people (particularly women), and gives you a breath of mental fresh air in a new environment, new sceneries.

LA Fitness is nice, but not too many locations out here...and EOS is lovely, they are #2 in my book.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I go to the gym in my basement, my garage and various places to do my weighted sled pulls and weighted vest hill climbs.

Never going back to a gym again, don't need it.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3. 24 hour fitness.
Pros: I just signed up, never worked out. I assume one pro is it is open 24 hours?... LOL.
Cons: I don't recall them having free weight bench or squat.
I've been to 24 hr fitness in LA, SF, Washington, and NJ. There was always a free weight bench and a free weight squat. But that was a while ago.

I always had a good experience at 24 Hr. Especially because there were no shenanigans with ending my membership when I had to.