Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What foods can cause acne?

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
/\
I've heard that certain foods can cause acne breakout's. Does anyone know what foods to avoid to have clear skin?

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that milk, sodas, nuts, and chocolate make SOME people break out.

Milk has so many damn hormones in it, Sh1t always makes me break out.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well..if you're really desperate you can try the sample diet at http://www.freeacnebook.com/

i tried it for 2 weeks and didnt have a single new zit after 2 days, so it really does work. but i had to start eating normally because i lost some weight and there was no way i could last with that diet while living alone and going to college.
so if you have access to all those recommended foods and have patience i'd suggest you try it. it helped me almost 100%, but while on it you want bread and meat like a mother****er, i was ready to kill for a cheeseburger!

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No diet has been proven to help acne. For help visit acne.org.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have severe acne, the following make me break out:

Dairy
Wheat/Gluten
White bread/pastas
Sugar

Yea it sucks, but whatcha gonna do?

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Raven125
No diet has been proven to help acne. For help visit acne.org.
no...there have been no ACTUAL prove that diet DOESNT cause acne. i was looking for some info on that famous "diet-acne" study that claims they are not related and couldnt find jack ****. they did something like give one group of people chocolate and give the other group something else. results showed no difference in acne, so TA-DA, they claim there's no connection.
regimen at acne.org does help but it really ****s up your skin in the long run. i was on it for 6 months and after i stopped my face was and still is oilier than i ever had in my entire life.

4afe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that food doesnt make a big difference. one thing however, dont touch your face I stopped touching my face, and I have noticed a big difference. I got this tip from my dermatologist, when nothing seemed to work. I tried the cream crap the makes your skin sensitive to light (that sucked), all the other soaps and face scrub things. and after all that I have this constant redness to some parts of my face (yeah it sucks), non of that seemed to work, now I wash with a mild soap using a wash cloth and I try to never touch my face, unless there is some thing on it or what ever.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this post is funny.. different ppl over all these have listed basically everything. meat, dairy, pasta, soda, ......**** man....... eating healthy and non healthy = acne according to this :p. basically ur scrued :p. lol.........

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It all has to do with hormones. When your liver and bowels can't handle all the toxins and hormone fluxuations then you get acne via excess sebum, skin not flaking properly, non acidic skin so bacteria can grow.

It would take me forever to type how to eat properly and still maintain weight, clean your liver, bowels, etc... but I'll give you a short list of things that do this.

YOur diet is supposed to have an essential fatty acid ratio of about 2:1:1(omega 3 6 9 respectably). However the ratio is about 20:1 in favour of omega 6. WE meed way more omega 3 fats which are found in cold water fish, some wheats and plants but not much else. These omega 3 regulate prostaglandins(all 30) which in turn regulate hormones.

Now acne sufferers usually can convert these fats to long chains which are useful so it is best to take fish oils with lots of EPA's and DHA's.

You also need to take these with protectants so they don't get destroyed before use. Take this with lecithin, coconut oil. Other vitamins that protect the oils are E, cod liver(A and D), B-Complex.

YOu also need to clean your blood. Acne sufferes have dirty fats, protein anc carbs(especially proetin) in their bloodstream because they lacked enough enzymes to digest them . Make sure you take a suppliment with protese, lipase and amylase.

YOu can also take milk thistle, burdock root, and dandilion root to strengthen your liver(milk thistle is extremely good stuff and doctors use this for all kinds of liver problems, except oddly acne).

There's a lot more but if you do the above and simply wash your face with PH balanced soap thats antibacterial you'll be clear.

Oh ya, flucuations in blood sugar also add excess hormones. Try green tea(loose leaf) or some blood sugar regulator to keep it level.

JDZ

Reaction score
The Main culprit

Its bloody refined sugar......... i swear... ive noticed wen i stopped eatin foods that contained sugar acne breakouts stopped but wen i started eatin again i had breakouts

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Refined sugars and fried foods = Acne

Be sure to drink a lot of water to help with your skin.

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blackbirdbeatle
It all has to do with hormones. When your liver and bowels can't handle all the toxins and hormone fluxuations then you get acne via excess sebum, skin not flaking properly, non acidic skin so bacteria can grow.

It would take me forever to type how to eat properly and still maintain weight, clean your liver, bowels, etc... but I'll give you a short list of things that do this.

YOur diet is supposed to have an essential fatty acid ratio of about 2:1:1(omega 3 6 9 respectably). However the ratio is about 20:1 in favour of omega 6. WE meed way more omega 3 fats which are found in cold water fish, some wheats and plants but not much else. These omega 3 regulate prostaglandins(all 30) which in turn regulate hormones.

Now acne sufferers usually can convert these fats to long chains which are useful so it is best to take fish oils with lots of EPA's and DHA's.

You also need to take these with protectants so they don't get destroyed before use. Take this with lecithin, coconut oil. Other vitamins that protect the oils are E, cod liver(A and D), B-Complex.

YOu also need to clean your blood. Acne sufferes have dirty fats, protein anc carbs(especially proetin) in their bloodstream because they lacked enough enzymes to digest them . Make sure you take a suppliment with protese, lipase and amylase.

YOu can also take milk thistle, burdock root, and dandilion root to strengthen your liver(milk thistle is extremely good stuff and doctors use this for all kinds of liver problems, except oddly acne).

There's a lot more but if you do the above and simply wash your face with PH balanced soap thats antibacterial you'll be clear.

Oh ya, flucuations in blood sugar also add excess hormones. Try green tea(loose leaf) or some blood sugar regulator to keep it level.
you seem to know quite a lot on the subject, but it s not my case... at all .... this is like reading chineese. so where do i find burdock root, dandilion root, PH balanced soaps, protese, lipase, lecithin ... any simple common example or good brand that you know of?

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have acne problems go to acne.org and do "The Regimen."

It works better than anything you can get from a doctor, except for accutate which has some side effects which I did not like.

Reaction score
Food does not affect Acne. Go to the Dermatologist I went 6 months age and i have had tremendous improvement. Also sunlight kills bacteria in the skin and can help stop breakouts. But acne is mostly hormonal and you can only do so much about it.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i have bad skin, its not so much like acne breakouts just lots of permanent backheads