Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What exactly is a "dating coach"?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading a bunch of stuff on in the 'net about 30-something women hiring a "dating coach". Is this merely someone who gives women rational advice on how to attract and keep men interested - mainly by telling the women not to be so picky (since that is the easiest way to get and keep a man!)

As for me, it seems to be money down a rathole, but I guess for women, it's either that or another pair of shoes ...

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly is a "dating coach"?... A professional Yenta. Oi Vey!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear MDJ,
seems,for them a very good Idea....Older Women in particular,have such unrealistic expectations,it could only be a good thing all round.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No sh1t, there's a 40 year old 6 in town that thinks she's a 25 yr old 8... wonders why she can't find "the one". BUT not even women can talk sense into some women

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Sod Buster,
Though I suppose,trudging along behind that old Horse gives you plenty of time to think as you break the Virgin soil....Don't give it a moments more thought,women such as you describe,are not worth a Tinkers Toss...concentrate more on ploughing 35 year old 8's that think they are sixes.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what a dating coach is, but for some reason I have a feeling they would be telling women things that are very similar to what guys are told here:
Be hard to get, show indifference, don't be overeager, don't give in too easily, show you have options, be a challenge, etc.

Not saying that would be good advice, of course. Probably the best thing a girl can do is let the guy know she likes him and most men will be attracted to that.

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
Is this merely someone who gives women rational advice on how to attract and keep men interested - mainly by telling the women not to be so picky (since that is the easiest way to get and keep a man!)
Getting a man interested is rarely the problem. They teach them how to not raise red flags that scare men away, e.g. talking LTR, babies on the first date.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yahooey said:
They teach them how to not raise red flags that scare men away, e.g. talking LTR, babies on the first date.
Again, pretty much the same thing that they tell guys here.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dankane said:
Mystery Method for Women

BJ training.
lol.

Dating coaches eh? I would like to sit in on a conversation.

It's funny how so many people are wanting to be with another person -- yet we are supposed to feign disconnect, feign disconcern, etc, etc -- honesty is the way of the male or female chump and spits out the romance flame...odd isn't it..Why I wonder?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buddha_Mind said:
It's funny how so many people are wanting to be with another person -- yet we are supposed to feign disconnect, feign disconcern, etc, etc -- honesty is the way of the male or female chump and spits out the romance flame...odd isn't it..Why I wonder?
It is kind of funny, isn't it? But being overeager can imply that you are not a high value person with options.

Really, feigning disinterest is just a technique, playing the odds. There have been plenty of cases where guys have expressed interest and the girl has been absolutely delighted.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only persue what shows interest. I don't feel like wasting my time to go after someone who i'm not sure gives a crap. I do not love "the chase" in the least.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I only persue what shows interest. I don't feel like wasting my time to go after someone who i'm not sure gives a crap. I do not love "the chase" in the least.
Yes man.

And playing the odds too -- tonight I was out and just trying to talk to many women -- if one is giving you too much trouble, well **** it, there's another.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A dating coach: Well, ummmmm a coach who likes to go on dates. No? lol

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty brutal one on MTV...a guy who gives women HE!! He tells them from a mans point of view. Not much for us to see,but maybe WOMEN will wake up