Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What every skinny guy should know...

TankMan

Reaction score
Pook hasn't been around for a long time, but a great book for beginners is "Starting Strength" (3rd edition now) by Mark Rippetoe.

bullethead

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is working, im 5'8, I was 142 lbs about a month ago, and no girl would look at me. I have been lifting heavy and eating a **** ton of food and now i'm 154 lbs. As I walk down the streets I can see a lot females give me a quick glance. I think pook is right on this one. My goal is 169lbs. Lets do this!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realized that at 6' 3", 155 pounds, Pook's BMI was 19.4!
When he said he was skinny, he wasn't kidding.
It's no wonder he benefited from bulking up.
He probably needed to bulk up just to look like a normal person.

Generally speaking, I think men are more impressed with muscles than women are. But it's good to be in shape, and the testosterone boost is beneficial too.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just reading Pook's Kill That Desperation thread.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16926

This thread was started in 2004. That thread was written in 2000, presumably when Pook was still "skinny". In that thread Pook says:

"BTW, chicks LOVE tall thin guys. I don't know why, but they will go after them."

That seems to contradict the point of this thread, which is that he didn't have success until he bulked up.
He also said this, which again pointed out how girls were attracted to him, long before he bulked up:

For some reason, I tend to attract flocks of chicks. They hit on me, touch me, try to get me to ask them out (and I don't, heh heh). Other guys my age I talk to a few have had the same thing. We found out the reason why, as was summed up by what one girl told me:

"You're not like most guys. You're different, intelligent, and SEXIER THEN A GREEK GOD!"

OK, maybe she didn't say THAT. But she did say that I was different and not like most guys. Why? Because I WASN'T hitting on every chick. I wasn't out 'hustling' the girls.
By the way, I don't agree with his reasoning here. I am not hitting on every chick, and I am not out "hustling" the girls. But I can't say I attract "flocks of chicks" who "hit on me, touch me, and try to get me to ask them out". So whatever reason they are attracted to Pook, that is not the reason.

Pook is a very charismatic poster, and makes a lot of good points, but a lot of what he says I would take with a grain of salt.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook said:
OK, maybe she didn't say THAT. But she did say that I was different and not like most guys. Why? Because I WASN'T hitting on every chick. I wasn't out 'hustling' the girls.
zekko said:
By the way, I don't agree with his reasoning here. I am not hitting on every chick, and I am not out "hustling" the girls. But I can't say I attract "flocks of chicks" who "hit on me, touch me, and try to get me to ask them out". So whatever reason they are attracted to Pook, that is not the reason.

Pook is a very charismatic poster, and makes a lot of good points, but a lot of what he says I would take with a grain of salt.
Maybe it was a combination of his looks (Facial features,) the way he carried himself (Body Language) and the fact he never initiated. We are talking about women: they don't make sense.

P

perseverance

I'm 5ft 5 and I'm 60 kg. I do fine, I'm healthy (as far as I'm aware) and I'm happy. Not everyone wants to resemble Tom Hardy from the Warrior.

thexception

Reaction score
Nobody will ever get ALL the girls

It always makes me laugh how smug most "athletic" (and usually not very clever and/or spiritual) guys are. They think that ALL women are a unit with the same aesthetic tastes.

Well here's some news!

There are an estimated 3.5% women you will never get as they are Lesbian.
There are an estimated 1.2% women you will never get as they are Asexual (if you never heard of it google it:p )

There are at least 5% of straight women (of which I am one) that have non-mainstream, non-media induced tastes who you'll never have. Believe it or not there are non fat/ugly women who like the tall skinny geek/artist/musician type or that coy guy standing in the corner at the party playing with the dog.

You may say that these women don't count coz they are a minority but one of those skinny/quiet lovers may just be the perfect future wife for you and you wil NEVER have her LOL!

Dating tip: if you want to avoid the non-athletic lovers don't go for Literature/Fine Art grads. We are into skinny introverts. :)

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thexception said:
It always makes me laugh how smug most "athletic" (and usually not very clever and/or spiritual) guys are. They think that ALL women are a unit with the same aesthetic tastes.

Well here's some news!

There are an estimated 1.2% women you will never get as they are Asexual (if you never heard of it google it:p )

There are at least 5% of straight women (of which I am one) that have non-mainstream, non-media induced tastes who you'll never have. Believe it or not there are non fat/ugly women who like the tall skinny geek/artist/musician type or that coy guy standing in the corner at the party playing with the dog.

You may say that these women don't count coz they are a minority but one of those skinny/quiet lovers may just be the perfect future wife for you and you wil NEVER have her LOL!

Dating tip: if you want to avoid the non-athletic lovers don't go for Literature/Fine Art grads. We are into skinny introverts. :)
It's never been about getting all the women, its about maximizing the quality and quantity of women.

-I've only met one lesbian couple in my life. Most "lesbians" are the type that kiss other girls on parties but then go home with a dude to get fvcked. And I'm from pretty liberal areas like New York City.
-IDGAF about asexual women or pleasing them. If she can't feel the intimacy and passion in sexual relations then I'm sorry they are missing out on it.

Life tip: if you are going to university for Literature and Fine Arts, you are probably a failure in life.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ This. It's a numbers game, just like everything else in life. You can't win every time, but you can win the majority of the time.

And most desirable (hot) women like nice arms and flat abs, not skinny introverts as you say.

thexception said:
And if you're in shape, a lot more of these women who are the majority may just be the perfect future wife and the skinny introvert will NEVER have her LOL!

Doesn't make you feel very special now, does it?

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Glad to see this get bumped. This is 100% truth. When I slimmed down to 150 lbs, sure I had abs but had.no mass anymore. Then over the next couple of months I started a lean bulk to gain mass and now I'm 176 lbs and still have abs but god damn I get looks I never got before. Point by pool proven by me. And yeah some girls don't like the muscular guys and go for skinny shrimps but hose girls aren't good looking, have issues, and if they do look good there is only a handful of them out there that want a skinny introvert. My friends a.skinny.introvert and.he gets.women nut none of them look as.good as the ones I get. Eh that's bragging.but hey I'm proving a point.

cablecow15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thexception said:

Well here's some news!

glad to see you made a account just to post something that does not matter , capital LOL is something you do after you've made a point that would sting, none of this does .There's women all over the world who ill never have just because there to far from me , you think that bothers any of us ? hell no its a numbers game , even if it was as close as a 50/50 % difference , guess what id still work on being muscular because it leaves you more healthy of a person and confident seeing as your assuming its closer to 20/80 yeah , im still gonna play those odds tyvm

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
cablecow15 said:
glad to see you made a account just to post something that does not matter , capital LOL is something you do after you've made a point that would sting, none of this does .There's women all over the world who ill never have just because there to far from me , you think that bothers any of us ? hell no its a numbers game , even if it was as close as a 50/50 % difference , guess what id still work on being muscular because it leaves you more healthy of a person and confident seeing as your assuming its closer to 20/80 yeah , im still gonna play those odds tyvm

Well pur sir. Lol this woman comes in and tries to argue that I'll never have 1% of the women because they arent main stream. okay lll have the other 99% , the odds look better on that side .

jm23

Reaction score
5'9'' about 150 lbs, I know I could definately put on more weight, but I've seen skinny guys dating really pretty girls, so I don't know what I think about this tip. Nonetheless, I should put on more weight, not for girls, but for myself

DianeBarrows

Reaction score
Skinny guys must wear layered clothes which makes them, look a bit flabby. Like a combo of t shirt and shirt, leather jackets etc
plus size blouses

Last edited:

gideonrakthor

Reaction score
Discovered this site through this post and, I must say, every single comment here is inspiring. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute in a few months.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that bulking up will increase your confidence, but ultimately it has nothing to do with attraction. Just look at a guy like Tyler Durden (or whatever he calls himself). Dude is around 5'8" and looks 140 lbs maximum. Sinfully ugly too.

I recently put on some mass. I weight train with dumbbells in my apartment. I'm about 5'9 and 160, which is an improvement over my previous 145 lb frame. It is nice to have but I have no illusions that its making me more attractive to women.

Lion1985

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also get some legit Testosterone.
Your body physic will change extremely (With correct diet + training)
You will get this "plastic" look.
Besides you will feel great/dominant..., its like being on "cocaine", Testosterone stimulates the central nervous system
Im currently taking 250mg Testosterone every 5th day, feeling great :rockon:
And yes, girls will look at you :up: