what does typical DJ look like?

haram

Don Juan
Reaction score
im talking what types of clothes does he wear....(brands)....is his hair long or short...long sleeve or short sleeve?...what kinds of shoes?....anyways im kinda asking what exactly do girls like most?

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some will say that there is no typical appearance for a dj. that there can be bean pole djs right next to obese djs and all of them wearing wranglers and wife beaters.

such things are possible. it is also possible that if you press your hand against a table long enough, it will actually go through (quantum physics wise that is...) but this is the path of most resistance.

clothing depends on the chick. her social circle as well as her subculture and financial standings.

banana republic and gap is good upper middle class wasp brands.

you should work out and your body should look like the body of a man and not a boy.

your hair shouldn't be long. generally frowned upon. short and styled... crew cut probably not the best either. you should also sport no intentional facial hair (goatees, mustaches, beards). stubble on occasion is ok.

care about your shoes. you should own sneakers (sports style for sports only), sneakers dressy (like adidas, pumas, skechers) for casual hangout, brown leather laceups (a good solid brown [not red] but a bit dark [but definitely not going toward black), black leather laceups and a pair of boots.

levis jeans are good general all purpose trousers. straight leg (i.e. boot cut) is good. khakis are good. dressier trousers should be flatfront, cuffed if you're tall, uncuffed if you are not. socks should match pants. white socks should not be worn with your leather shoes.

leather belt to match shoes.

watch - as expensive as you can afford (don't make it hurt though, EASILY afford). get a MECHANICAL watch if possible. quartz tells you the time but doesn't have the nifty classical factor. you can get mechanicals now from timex, fossil and seiko. i have a seiko dive watch.

leather jacket. sport coats.

shirts - button downs, tshirts, polos, henleys. they should all fit to show off your masculine physique.

got it?

delta

haram

Don Juan
Reaction score
well im going to the mall tomorrow so can u name me some more brands of good stores.... btw what about jackets? im thinking of a hoodie, but i kinda want something a lil more casual(already got a blazer though)

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ripper

Get yourself a killer pair of shoes. Girls notice shoes. Big time. May set you back a bit but they're worth it. Current ones I have cost about $150.

petah2001

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best type of jacket for fall is a leather jacket for sure. They're both fashionable and exciting. Just don't make the mistake of buying one of the plain black bombers, spend the extra cash on something that makes a statement.

I own a 400$ jacket from Danier, it's black with a brown trim and has a brown shading. It basically looks like it's been worn out already but tastefully. Many people have told me it's the hottest jacket they've ever seen many complete strangers have comlimented me on it.

haram

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeai kinda wanted a leather one....wheres a good place to get one for 100-200 bucks?

petah2001

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they have Danier in the states or not but it's probably the best regarless of pricing. Also remember that a good leather jacket can last you your entire life. I've had my jacket for only 2 years but it's been spilled on by every type of alchohol, rolled around in the dirt and been to many concerts. It looks even better than the day I bought it.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
banana republic and gap is good upper middle class wasp brands
i would say that is more middle class for americans. upper middle class for america would be some of the hugo boss lines. gap is dirt cheap. i am not taking shots at either brand, but americans are making good money these days. if they can stand out in the rain and cold all night for a playstation 3 they can afford to upgrade to hugo boss or similar brands.

don't buy a leather jacket unless it is a good one. $200 will not buy you a good one. a good one will cost at least $1000. ain't cheap, but it is very easy to tell. plenty of good options if you don't want to unload that kind of cash on a leather coat. if you travel much i would definitely avoid the leather coat.

delta must have gotten that off of some "how to pick up a cute boy" site. very gay sounding indeed. the fact of the matter is that americans are pigs. someone needs to outlaw the flip-flop. i can't wait to hear the sound that tall thin ukraine girls make when they walk. the clicking of heels against the pavement is one that only they provide me with.

what do girls want? uh, they want guys who have lots of money. practically every girl is a gold-digger. simply how we are made as humans. the dude with the most food and biggest muscles was once king. those days are long gone. how much are we talking about before girls start demanding you? in middle america i would say that would be upwards of $1 million liquid. in manhattan i would say that it might be upwards of $10 million liquid. in moldova i would say upwards of $150, or whatever it costs for a new american passport.

petah2001

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is a perfect example of how opinions conflict with eachother. I agree with pretty much everything delta has said except some guys need facial hair. I used to hate facial hair on everybody until I discovered that one of my friends was extremely baby faced when clean shaven.

sparky obviously has expensive taste. I come from an upper class Canadian neighborhood but I do not know anybody with a 1000$ anything as far as clothing is concerned.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
huh? so it sounds gay but americans are pigs and ... whuh? huh? what're you trying to say?

ooo, express men is great too... nice sport coats there too.

i don't know what america you live in but americans aren't rolling in it... consumer confidence is not relatively high and this holiday season is down from previous years. hugo boss is upper class in my mind. i'm not upper middle (maybe barely) but it doesn't sound like upper middle to me. maybe if you spent your money on nothing but clothes.

and those kids had to sell a LOT of crystal meth to get that playstation 3.

kev07, it's all relative. you can dress well from TARGET. they actually have some really nice stuff that i pick up all the time too.

old navy is great too if you can find stuff that doesn't say "old navy" all over it (there's lots) and it's owned by the company that owns both banana republic and gap. a lot of their clothes are interchangeable, just with different brand cache.

if you don't get hung up on brand names, it's never been more possible to dress well affordably. but admittedly, you won't appeal to women who are looking for versace, gucci, armani, savile row, hugo boss, etc.

as for leather lace ups, man, does it every depend on where you are in life in regards to this. a pair of church's oxfords are around $600.... italian loafers can get into the thousands. but they say that if you're going to splurge anywhere, it should be on the shoes because if you take care of them, a well made pair of shoes can last you a very long (if not a life) time. anything from europe is nicer but too expensive.

my most expensive pair is johnston murphy which is the best i can afford and pretty good... $180. they have a great lineup actually, i recommend them for a $100 - $250 range.

but shoes are a somewhat pricey pursuit and is irrelevant in most american situations. it is definitely a mark of style but a mark of style that seems to be going out of style to a certain degree. americans simply don't care that much about it anymore. there is very little sense of decorum these days, even in places where you would expect it like weddings and such. so if you pay even a moderate amount of attention to what you are wearing, brand names may not mean much. unless you float in rareified circles, $80 laceups (mostly for a suit) and pumas/addidas will get you where you need to go. i think even johnston murphy's are overkill but i kinda ended up digging shoes.

oh, and general fashion stuff - check out GQ, esquire, cargo used to be great before they got canceled and men's health. they feature style from all across the budget spectrum (though less reasonable in gq, more reasonable in men's health). if you get that look - and it's a pretty specific kind of look - you're good to go. it is generic in its way but this is the look.

also, generally, men's health is a good monthly bible in my opinion. it's played a really important part in my ongoing evolution.

delta

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and OBSERVATION:

more than anything, i think women want their men to look APPROPRIATE. that they BELONG wherever it is they find themselves.

being awkward or not fitting in is the pariah of every woman. it is their ultimate horror and they cannot possibly tolerate the embarassment of a guy who does not fit in.

so fit in, be appropriate, exceed requirements by a little if possible. do it by a lot and you may come off as a showoffprick.

delta

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Baaa! **** what everyone else wears find what looks good on YOU and what YOU actually like... Don't aim for generic! Wear what you want and be confident wearing it and your "good to go" :yes:

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
watch - as expensive as you can afford (don't make it hurt though, EASILY afford). get a MECHANICAL watch if possible. quartz tells you the time but doesn't have the nifty classical factor. you can get mechanicals now from timex, fossil and seiko. i have a seiko dive watchdelta
what about fakes is it hard to tell for a normal person the difference between a fake and an original watch>?

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT hard to tell!

rolexes, omegas, etc. are all MECHANICAL watches - they are not BATTERY POWERED (quartz). and the way that you can tell is that the SECOND HAND makes many little movements to get to the next second. quartz watches leap from second to second.

imo, it's waaaaay more cheesy to sport a fake. also, they don't make fakes of NON EXTRAVAGANT WATCHES and if you can't afford an omega, you probably shouldn't look like you're trying.

old navy clothing, a honda accord and a rolex just doesn't fit.

it makes the discrepancy between what you are and what is possible seem larger.

just trick yourself out as well as you can.

delta

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JesterX said:
Baaa! **** what everyone else wears find what looks good on YOU and what YOU actually like... Don't aim for generic! Wear what you want and be confident wearing it and your "good to go" :yes:
sigh...

i encounter this kind of thing soooooooooo much on these boards these days. the "do what you want", "it doesn't matter" approach.....

see, problem with this approach is that many guys actually LIKE wearing their yu-gi-oh tshirts, khaki shorts and socks with birkenstocks.

you are not allowing for the fact that your instincts can be very very very wrong depending on who you are.

THEREFORE,

we issue basic recommendations. and we read men's fashioin mags - which would not exist if we didn't want to get laid.

delta

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
sigh...

i encounter this kind of thing soooooooooo much on these boards these days. the "do what you want", "it doesn't matter" approach.....

see, problem with this approach is that many guys actually LIKE wearing their yu-gi-oh tshirts, khaki shorts and socks with birkenstocks.

you are not allowing for the fact that your instincts can be very very very wrong depending on who you are.

THEREFORE,

we issue basic recommendations. and we read men's fashioin mags - which would not exist if we didn't want to get laid.

delta
And theres nothing wrong with this approach.

If your confident in a yu-gi-oh shirt and khaki shorts then go ahead and wear it... An AFC is still an AFC no matter what he wears.

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The clothes don't make a DJ, a DJ makes the clothes.